It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Contacts

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

thats funny what you said. Are you saying that Yoko is an alien or something? Yeh she did break them up but thats all kinda history now.
edit on 8-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Well...lets see. all the talk about beliefs and reality. This thread has made me think a little and John Lennon came to mind and his song 'God'. and how he just had to get Yoko's name in there.

God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain
I'll say it again
God is a concept
By which we measure
Our pain

I don't believe in magic
I don't believe in I-ching
I don't believe in Bible
I don't believe in tarot
I don't believe in Hitler
I don't believe in Jesus
I don't believe in Kennedy
I don't believe in Buddha
I don't believe in Mantra
I don't believe in Gita
I don't believe in Yoga
I don't believe in kings
I don't believe in Elvis
I don't believe in Zimmerman
I don't believe in Beatles
I just believe in me
Yoko and me
And that's reality

The dream is over
What can I say?
The dream is over
Yesterday
I was the Dreamweaver
But now I'm reborn
I was the Walrus
But now I'm John
And so dear friends
You'll just have to carry on
The dream is over

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You have quite obviously never seen a Walrus doing Yoga while listening to the Beatles and simultaneously doing a Hitler salute while reading the bible. Its certainly magic

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I just believe in me
Yoko and me

That is the only truth. Find your soul mate and thats the only reality you need.
I agree if you can find that person then everything else is no longer that important. JL was a lucky man and made the right choice ditching his band over Yoko.

Your post made me think a bit more, i realised that we can in life become fixated on interests, beliefs, movements because because we have an absense of something more important to focus on. Mabey the answer to life is to make sure every one is partner up correctly then they can work on building their own reality togther.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnionHead

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
reply to post by Druscilla

yes! thats the one I was talking about! I cant see the videos at work...that poor thing!

I have always had a problem with the notion that an Alien life form would even remotely resemble us, and why should it? 2 eyes? arms and legs? Look at the diversity of life on Earth and more or less living under the same conditions.(On the same planet)

It's one of the reasons why I quickly ignore these so called Alien interviews or videos, my belief is that life that is out there if ever discovered will not be as we predict. So videos of big eyed fake Aliens just make me giggle, it is one of the more ridiculous speculations

You should read Isaac Asimov's book on this topic. He's a physicist. A real great guy. Too bad he died...

Well, Asimov explains that humanoid form is the form which offer the most polyvalence, and proves that humanoid form is the most current advanced form on can have. If you had flippers or wings instead of arms, for instance, you wouldn't be able to make fire or build things, so that means, no interstellar travel. That means if they existed, non-humanoid life forms wouldn't be able to contact Earth.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

You should read Isaac Asimov's book on this topic. He's a physicist. A real great guy. Too bad he died...

Well, Asimov explains that humanoid form is the form which offer the most polyvalence, and proves that humanoid form is the most current advanced form on can have. If you had flippers or wings instead of arms, for instance, you wouldn't be able to make fire or build things, so that means, no interstellar travel. That means if they existed, non-humanoid life forms wouldn't be able to contact Earth.

You neglect to observe that Asimov was NOT a xenobiologist.
He was a Physicist, and a writer of fiction.
He was well respected, yes, but, there are plenty arguments against bilateral symmetry in humanoid form as there are for.

Fact of the matter is, there's just as much likelihood that when/if we meet aliens, we'll discover that everything we thought we could think we might know about them was totally wrong, just as there's likelihood they look just like us.

My bet is that when/if we ever meet aliens, everything we thought we might think we could imagine about them will be wrong.
Very likely, the first 'alien' we ever meet will be a robotic probe, or xenoarchaeological ruins long abandoned.

edit on 9-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Naturally. Asimov was just trying to make prediction using avalaible data.
Of course, if aliens existed, they would maybe have a totally unprecedented form. What about 3 arms? No animals on earth has this configuration, yet it is possible, just as anything else.

But as we didn't observed any animals like this, we consider these less probable than the things we observed.

BTW, I am labouring under the strange impression I already met you before. Your name is very familiar.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by swan001

I just believe in me....and Yoko of course.... but I still don't like her singing and blame her for breaking up the Beatles.

What?
There are many more puzzling posts then this here. Why are you picking on me?

Because you're the only one I know who decided to talk about Yoko in a Alien forum. May you please elaborate on this strange post you made? You got my curiousity.

I am not picking on you, I am just very curious/perplexed.

edit on 9-9-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I have to agree, Whateva69. I was recently on a so-called dream interpretation site because I was bothered with recurring dreams/visions and thought I could get a bit of clarity on them, but I got some BS about how they were associated with some type of stress instead of who these people really were and why they were contacting me.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I know right, I keep having dreams with kittens in them, in my dream im really excited about seeing them and playing with them.

Go on to any dream site and they say your suposed to kill the kittens
WTF seriously kill them... that's never going to happen, i couldn't do that, that would darken my soul.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Indeed. Can't wait to end the noob phase and post a thread regarding my Shadow Man, though I have a feeling the trolls will be out.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Your post made me think a bit more, i realised that we can in life become fixated on interests, beliefs, movements because because we have an absense of something more important to focus on.

Yes, I think this says it. I think people rely on others to build their reality. Actual reality tends to seem to really suck so we tend to jump on the first train out. So beliefs and reality get built on one notion after another without really examining these notions. To exclaim the reality of something does not make it so. People that question or even reject that exclaimation of reality, are not bad or not "not ready to accept" or are not people who have no understanding...yada, yada, yada.

First thing we have to understand is that this is the internet. To have reality shaped by the internet or a book you read...is well...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I kind of understand you, its like a person who have learnt to do something there father taught them and then go about it without ever question what am i doing this for. All i can say is people who find their soul mates are lucky cause they can make their own reality togther and who cares if its all an illusion, it is their own secluded private one, and island in an infinite ocean.
edit on 10-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I kind of understand you, its like a person who have learnt to do something there father taught them and then go about it without ever question what am i doing this for.

Learning is different then believing. What I am talking about is believing in something based on what other people say or want you to believe. What I am hearing here on this thread is "Believe me or else you are just not ready to see what is behind the curtain of mystery!"

All i can say is people who find their soul mates are lucky cause they can make their own reality togther and who cares if its all an illusion, it is their own secluded private one, and island in an infinite ocean.

Funny, I just had an encounter with a commune perhaps "cult" last night known as the 12 tribes. You might say they are all "soul mates" to the point where you don't know whose kids belong to who...
Their message was "believe like us or else spend your life being out of touch with god!"

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Originally posted by EdisonGal
reply to post by SplitInfinity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well now you have me intrigued. can you share anything you may be comfortable sharing with me? thank you !!

edit on 11-9-2012 by EdisonGal because: I am editing this because I did not say I meant my reply for SplitInfinity.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

reply to post by SplitInfinity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well now you have me intrigued. can you share anything you may be comfortable sharing with me? thank you !!

edit on 11-9-2012 by EdisonGal because: I am editing this because I did not say I meant my reply for SplitInfinity.

There are people who say that there is no real proof to document the existence of E.T.'s visiting or have visited this Planet. That statement is not true. There is public records which anyone here can easily access to find proof if they know where to look.

Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Split Infinity, can you go any further with that comment? Im very interested in learning, Thank you!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Split Infinity, can you go any further with that comment? Im very interested in learning, Thank you!
The public record is filled with proof of alien contact with our gov't. you just need to know where to look. I would post some information here but I don't have time now. just look in the correct spot if you are ready.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I don't understand people who aren't searching. You hear other people's experiences and with opinion try to strike them down. But you can't, and opinion is never equal to reality. However its up to people to, with millions of different realities taking place, or beliefs, platforms, to believe their own truth, and to seek.

Now here I don't understand , why aren't they seeking, asking their souls each night, who am I ? Why am I here? Reporting for Duty? Help me deprogram? Seek, meditate, stargaze.

You have knowledge of people and what they ask themselves at night? So when people question other peoples beliefs, they are not seeking? So if someone tells me they contact aliens and that its real, I can't question that? I have to believe them or I am not seeking? Now HERE I don't understand. Cornflakes are not reality.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join