It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Won (Great Read) - Huffington Post

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
If B.O. Wins, we can safely assume we're going to continue down this path we're on. That path you can decide the fundamental meaning. If Romney wins, I think on an economic level things will improve (it's just a guess, and I don't care to guess how much things will improve) however Romney and his V.P. are far to involved with taking other freedoms away....namely women's rights. I just finished Rand Paul and I was completely taken back by how real the guys is, I agree wholeheartedly with him. I have a strong need, as does this crappy nation of ours, that Ron Paul not be side stepped he must know the rules! Why does he not contest the 8 state vs 5 state, amended on the fly rule?! I really like R.P. but he needs to come out swinging!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
YOU MUST LISTEN TO THIS....

I put this thread together some time back about how RP would win the presidency. I just don't understand why he didn't go this route. HE WOULD HAVE BECOME THE NEXT PRESIDENT!!!

Or could it be that we're in for one BIG surprise!

Please watch the video... Start it off at 3:22

edit on 29-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

I have not been a Ron Paul supporter, and I am not a Republican, but I watched the convention yesterday and I was horrified by what I saw. It has made me seriously reconsider what my vote means if what happened yesterday is can happen.

The two party system is a problem. And I am part of the problem by continuing to support it. Lots of soul searching happening I can tell you. It opened my eyes which have been closed for too long. Neither "party" truly supports what America is supposed to be about. It's a rude awakening.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by frequentflyer

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by frequentflyer

Originally posted by freakjive

To that end, write in Ron Paul if a write-in vote will be counted in your state. If Ron Paul endorses someone, vote for him. Otherwise, vote Gary Johnson (or your favored third party candidate).

This advice is going to create a divide in the votes by three. Good article otherwise. But why would we not want to vote for the same thing? So because not every state counts write-ins then what we're going to need is to vote for either Johnson or Paul's endorsement. If Paul would endorse Johnson, then that might be ideal. Someone else posed the idea of Paul as Johnson's vice. This idea would take the risk of divided votes out of the equation completely. Anybody see it possible?

On another note -- how does the impeachment process work again?

That would certainly be the most logical approach...wouldn't it?

Aww look at you and your condescending approach. Feel better?

Huh? WTF are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Why is there not enough people in America to form a respectable 3rd party that can challenge the duopoly. It takes people to start these things, they are not going to come around by magic.

Challenge them now. Openly. Do it with facts, and do it loudly. They are weak, and will be forced to respond to a show of solidarity in the face of their own stupidity.

Ron Paul supporters... Shut this mutha down!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well, it seems that the only way to win is to cheat.
Isn't that convenient?

But who didn't see this coming?
Seriously...If anyone actually still believes we could put the right man in that job...
I mean, come on. The bankers and corporate pigs OWN this country.
They would never allow someone in that position to challenge their authority!
The RUN this place, and make the rules or bend them to get their agenda across.

I detest that thought as much as the rest of us but after seeing this thread...
It is all too clear.
WE had better start fighting.
It's about to go down.

This country's outcome has been pre-determined.
And it seems to stem from around the same time the Fed was created.

I will still write-in my vote, though.
I will never condone a cheater.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Sorry I'm an outsider, so forgive my ignorance, but why didn't Ron Paul run as an Independent. There is clearly a demand in America for a 3rd party, but RP ran under the Republican banner. Surely he must of known he could never take on the GOP establishment and gain the nomination. He did however, manage to get a lot of independents who would not normally join the Republicans to join up just to back his cause. So I wonder who really won here.

It would go like Nader did in 2000, split the vote and make it a close enough election that someone might try to steal it (like before). I have a feeling Paul would pull more votes from Romney than Obama, so it would probably insure an Obama win.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
if ron paul got elected and actually followed threw with what he wants to, he would be assasinated metaphoricaly and or phsyiically

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ron Paul had to run Republican rather than Independent because a third pary is considered a threat and challenges the status quo. Watch "The Police State" Jesse Ventura on youtube. The girl that was considered a threat and labeled a subversive because of her affiiliation with Ron Paul and put on a watch list.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I would hope all Ron Paul supporters do the right thing and vote for Gary Johnson. It's not just about supporting Paul and his ideas anymore.. it's about showing the Republican Party that there are other options entirely. Vote for the Libertarian Party if you supported Paul (Johnson has a great track record and supported Paul himself, he's a great candidate for the Libertarian Party)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Well said and excellent article.

The GOP has a coup on it's hands. Sadly for them, the GOP elite have stoked hatred of Obama to cover what they are doing. Quite frankly, Conservatives better hope Obama wins if they want to survive. Romney and crew will kill conservatism the MOMENT he is elected.

All the GOP does is cheat. Paul was indeed the victor here.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Keep your chin up Paulfans, there is one thing you can do to stick to your principles come November:

Write in Ron Paul.

Stick to your guns and don't support anything less. Stay strong, I may not follow your political beliefs, but I know a foul when I see one. Stay strong, you have many supporters...more than you'll ever know.

It's about Principle, Not Politics

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Here, let me un-spin this article:

The Huffington Post (a fairly liberal leaning publication) runs an article asking for Republicans to split their vote by playing on the emotions of the reader to want to help the underdog/little guy win. By splitting the vote, Obama gets a second term.

Most people consider such a style to be Yellow Journalism.
to Ho-Po

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Sorry I'm an outsider, so forgive my ignorance, but why didn't Ron Paul run as an Independent. There is clearly a demand in America for a 3rd party, but RP ran under the Republican banner. Surely he must of known he could never take on the GOP establishment and gain the nomination. He did however, manage to get a lot of independents who would not normally join the Republicans to join up just to back his cause. So I wonder who really won here.

I'm also an outsider and I agree. The U.S. needs more diversity in her political landscape.

A 2 party system just provides too little electoral freedom.

A stronger Libertarian Party, a Green Party or an honest Conservative Party would definitely enrich and strengthen their republic IMO.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Here, let me un-spin this article:

The Huffington Post (a fairly liberal leaning publication) runs an article asking for Republicans to split their vote by playing on the emotions of the reader to want to help the underdog/little guy win. By splitting the vote, Obama gets a second term.

Most people consider such a style to be Yellow Journalism.
to Ho-Po

Sorry Ahab, but you're wrong here. You would do well to learn who Robin Koerner is and what he is about.
Start Here

This article was ran in the blog section of the Huffington Post. There is no underhanded yellow journalism happening. This is a straight to the point, fact-based article.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Oh, undeniably, but the thing about it is...are they lying in what they contend?

I can't really change anyone's vote, but when I say Principle over Politics for the Paul supporters, I'm serious. They've been wronged, and a vote for anything less would be an insult to everything they've worked for...especially a vote for the ones that cheated them out of their dreams.

I won't deny, the HuffPost and NYtimes are full of it...but...they bring up some serious points of discussion that are worth a look regardless of motive.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have supported Ron Paul for quite a while now and will continue to do so, but let’s face facts here:

1.) Making Ron Paul the president will not accomplish the objective. The President has to go through Congress to accomplish anything.

2.) In order to accomplish anything we need to put enough likeminded people into the Senate and House to give Ron Paul the support he needs to pass his agenda.

3.) Any Executive Orders Ron Paul signs will be challenged by the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and other Political Action Committees (PAC's).

I posted this in 2008.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Honestly I follow the Huffingtonpost pretty closely and I don't believe anyone with any association with that site would support Ron Paul.

Therefore, I must believe that this article was written to pull votes from Romney to make it easier for Obama to be re-elected.

The writer calls for people to write-in Ron Paul or Gary Johnson or whoever Ron Paul endorses. This coming from Huffingtonpost who hasn't given Ron Paul the time of day in the last 4 months except for a couple of days ago when Ron Paul said he doesnt fully endorse Romney.

Huffintonpost is completely left wing and not to be trusted unless you buy in to left wing propaganda.

I would totally endorse this article if coming from somewhere else but here we must consider the source. This, I believe, is a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
One party taken us to the edge of the cliff-the other party is keeping us there. If the repubs or dems win, their face is the last thing we will see as we fall to our doom.

I will write in Ron Paul in November!!!!

BTW, Don't forget to clean out the "house"- vote out all incumbents!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Since LBJ the same criminals have been in the white house. What people didn't understand during the last election...bush and Obama are one in the same people. They both work for the same people. Bush and Obama walking hand in hand after obama's inauguration...down the side walk....I knew right then we hadn't voted change in...we voted the same man in.

The criminals make sure they have both parties tied up w/ their pick. Bush = Obama= Romney. Their both on the same damn team. Look at the people Obama brought in....the same people!! WallStreet, Oil, Big banks, Pharma...it's the same damn people!!!

As far as republican and democrats are concerned, they want to keep us divided and that's exactly what they have accomplished!

When Busg stole the elections in 2000 and again in 2004... We the American people did nothing!!! We sat in our homes, went to work...we did nothing and Oboy did we have all the proof we needed!

When Bush threatened congressional marshal law if the bail out bill wasn't signed...we did Absolutley nothing!!!

We are divided here in the US. There are those that don't care that we are murdering innocent people for resource!! There are those that don't care about wall street and the banks and all the people that ripped us off.....

There are those that don't care about people disappearing...being held without the benefit of a trial....

As long as those people have their toys..their over priced cars, houses....they don't care. Until its in their back yard..until one of their children is murdered...there are those that will not give to those in need in their own community!

People don't work as a team anymore...they work against you and you better get out of their way! I've lost my faith in the US and it's people. If you want to see selfish shallow self-righteous assholes....get in your car and drive and tell me how many people cut you off, pull out in front of you...go to Walmart and see how many look where they're going...you had better get out of their way!!!

People lie and cheat today on such a large scale and feel nothing towards the people they walk on, drive over, roll their eyes at...nope...people have forgotten team work...it's all about I I I.

Thanks Reagan.

Nothing's going to change unless we change what's in the white house.

Get off your high horse people and try to remember 1 Nation Under God!!!!

I apologize for the rant..I'm just so pissed! I've had it! I do not want to be associated w/ a greedy, self-righteous, murdering Country.

edit on 29-8-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join