It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SF Bay Area Radiation Monitoring, Aug.19-26

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Found another video of this specialized chopper. Same story. They "say" it is monitoring for "natural background" just like all the rest of the media outlets.

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I call Bs on that. they have rad monitoring stations all over the us.
With most of them running 24/7 they would have a baseline.

Link

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Which begs the question-- why do they need to "grid survey" an already well established "background"? Like you said, the already existing network of sampling stations in the area have been monitoring since... forever (you know it). Any augmented searching going on must be related to new indications (probably from those same stations) of fresh radioactivity, coming from somewhere. The zones they are choosing to search are also limited in size and region. Why not monitor everywhere in an ongoing program? Instead they are spot checking here, there, which leads one to conclude there are at least suspicions of elevated readings in those specific areas.

They just are playing, as they always do, that it is "routine". Of course if you tried to press them for a peek at the data, you would of course be denied access.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I moved out of the SF bay area after my hair began falling out. I'm not kidding. It's growing back now. I'm in a rural area now with a deep, deep, well. Fukushima? Not sure. Are you aware of all the radioactive waste that was dumped in the ocean near Farallone islands after WWII? I lived on the coast, and the winds from the direction of the islands was nearly constant.

Did you ever get more data on this?

Hoping I am not too off topic here...

edit on bWednesdayu15Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:50:19 -0500am115010 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here's what blows my mind...

Since MAR 2011 OVER 300 TONS OF RADIOACTIVE WASTE HAS BEEN DUMPED IN THE PACIFIC EVERY DAY AND IT STILL CONTINUES!!!!

That's 547,500 tones so far conservatively!!

WHY anyone visits beaches or EATS seafood, (especially the bottom feeders) is COMPLETELY BEYOND THE REALMS OF LOGICAL REASONING

KEEP IN MIND, RADIOACTIVE POISONING IS CUMULATIVE!!!!

Roll your own dice, but in the end you will literally crap out!! Sorry.... WAKE THE F# UP ALREADY!!! Geezus...

edit on E30America/ChicagoSun, 06 Nov 2016 12:33:00 -060011pmSundayth12pm by EternalShadow because: add

edit on E30America/ChicagoSun, 06 Nov 2016 12:36:11 -060011pmSundayth12pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Part of the same program conducted last year?
nnsa.energy.gov...
sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

And earlier this year.
nnsa.energy.gov...

Boston:
nnsa.energy.gov...

Philly:
nnsa.energy.gov...

The AMS mission is to provide a rapid survey of radiation and contamination following a radiological emergency. AMS accomplishes this mission by using specially equipped aircrafts to conduct the surveys. These aircrafts are equipped to detect and measure radioactive contamination on the ground.

nnsa.energy.gov...

So it would seem that background levels on the surface are being mapped for future reference.

edit on 11/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thanks for the update Phage. Seems its an ongoing study, reflecting a changing environment.

The flyovers are part of research by two federal security agencies to compare aerial and ground based mapping of radioactivity.“In some cases, ground-based monitoring may be superior. In others, aerial detection may be superior,” said Alan Remick, emergency response program manager for the National Nuclear Security Administration.

“Protection of the public from radiation exposure after a nuclear accident or radiological attack depends critically on the ability to track the path of plumes of radioactive materials,” said Edwin Lyman of the Union of Concerned Scientists...

Aerial mapping “will help to distinguish the signals of such events from (background) noise and improve the speed and accuracy of such tracking,” he said.

Mercury News (link from OP)

My emphasis. A comparison of aerial and ground mapping will occur. Any link to "ground mapping" aspect or results of surveys would also be informative.

Radioactivity of aerial plumes and their comparison with "naturally occurring" background is being regularly updated.

search results for helicopter

edit on 15-12-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
More in-depth about the helicopter, the pods (including aerial isotope detection technology (in "plumes").

Two PDFs...

Link 1

Top two PDFS in here...

top link

edit on 15-12-2016 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Dec, 15 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

......there is the story of a sailor on a US battleship a hundred miles from Fukushima......ordered to take a flag down, maybe for washing, something simple, stick it in the washing machine.....so he took it down, carried it under one arm, down steps to below decks.....then they found he was all red,very red,on the side where he'd carried the flag.....that conveyed the intensity of the radiation, according to the US Navy authorities.....so you would think they would be nervous after that.

posted on Dec, 17 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MissPlissit

Hi MissPlissit, welcome to ATS. More info about Operation Tomodachi can be found on the interwebs. Results from the US monitoring program, not so much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join