It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SF Bay Area Radiation Monitoring, Aug.19-26

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hey ATS. Thought I would bring this for members to comment upon. The local media is carpet bombing the airwaves here with news of a specially outfitted low flying (300 ft.) helicopter. The plan is to "measure radiation levels" this week over the San Francisco Bay Area. Maybe others can offer some opinion on this video presented by Yahoo.

Link

Any technical opinions about the chopper itself and the reasons stated why they are doing this are welcome. I know what they are "saying" about it. This program started Monday and is supposed to be a week long.

What say you ATS? Is it Terrorism, dirt? Or dun, dun, dun, dunnn -- Fukushima?

Enenews (with comments section)

Mercury News

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised that in a few months after the data is compiled and analyzed, the new 'safe' level of background radiation will be announced. My guess is that it will be at least double the current standard.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Yah, got that "need to know" feeling too. I suspect that the only reason they announced it at all is because people will be wondering about the sudden noise associated with a low altitude helo flyover doing a grid pattern over their hood. The minimum ceiling for air traffic is 500 feet and this is reportedly doing its surveys at 300 foot altitudes.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It seems like Fukushima related or some ILL got in with a weapon of evol

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hmmmm i wonder if it has anything to do with Treasure Island?

Meet Treasure Island, the rectilinear speck of land in the San Francisco Bay two-and-a-half miles of white caps from our kitchen window. Woods words summed up decades of U.S. Government efforts to bury nuclear sins under layers of ignorance.

Link

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don’t want to Derail this thread so i wont link my thread out of respect.
just a thought about fears of possible strikes on the us, Or the us fear of a dirty bomb.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

That is one possible answer. They are monitoring for radioactivity in the air. Go ahead and link your thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I dont know if it will be of any use, but here it is
Thank You
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its The fact that American media is not covering it is why i have put two and two together in my head.
It may be nothing but its there to work with and learn from what we know already.
edit on 29-8-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

It seems like Fukushima related or some ILL got in with a weapon of evol

It is curious that they are announcing monitoring now, isn't it? Why haven't they done similar surveys with Fuku in mind before today? That might lead some to think that they are testing for something new.
edit on 29-8-2012 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Going out on a limb here but what if they are checking to see if possibly some "Fissionable Material" they burred on treasure island has been located or moved?

If i don’t come back to the site we will have our answer i guess

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Scary link you provide on Treasure Island:

Turns out, Treasure Island was “ground zero for repairing, scrapping, recycling and incinerating material from ships that might have absorbed radiation from atomic bomb tests in the Pacific.”

The problem I have with the source being Treasure Island is the work was done there and buried long ago. The source for any radioactive contamination from there is there in the ground, not necessarily floating around in the bay air (this week?). The grid they are searching is rather large (70 square miles). Any airborne dust would have settled out local to the island, I would guess.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The problem is if someone else found it dug it up and moved it. it could be airborne at the point.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
I dont know if it will be of any use, but here it is
Thank You

Its The fact that American media is not covering it is why i have put two and two together in my head.
It may be nothing but its there to work with and learn from what we know already.

Very interesting story about the "enriched" Uranium. The pic in your link shows an ingot and it is quite clearly stamped "enriched". Thats bomb making material. Two tons of that? From your link:

Police pounced when they learned the people in possession of the uranium planned to meet Tuesday with a potential buyer, the colonel said.

Wonder who that "potential buyer" was?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Thanks for the heads up, what to do? Is this the Going Hot chatter?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Going out on a limb here but what if they are checking to see if possibly some "Fissionable Material" they burred on treasure island has been located or moved?

If i don’t come back to the site we will have our answer i guess

They would have to somehow throw it high enough into the atmosphere for it to reach down range farther than a few blocks. Like incinerate it and blow it out a smoke stack. Or use demolition charges in contaminated ground say. Simply loading a dump truck with dirt wouldn't spread contaminated dust very far.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for the heads up, what to do? Is this the Going Hot chatter?

Do you mean the DHS thread?

I don't have any reason to suspect that it has anything to do with radiation monitoring. They are doing that nation wide and it does fall under the auspices of Homeland Security. Who knows?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I honestly don’t know what to make of this.
I’m going to have to do some deep digging.....better get my waders on.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thanks all for the input. My take on this monitoring is that they are doing it to measure substances that are in the air. I am not familiar with the specific technology they are using. There are no pictures available of the front of these "pods" slung on either side of the craft. They could be "actively" monitoring the space they are flying through. That is, the sensors in the pod are measuring any clouds of radioactivity as they are flying through them. Or they could be collecting air samples through vents in the front of the pods. Any radioactively contaminated particles could be gathered in filters for removal and analysis after the flight.

My guess is it is the latter and that if there is any reason for concern, we will not be told about that either.

Just observing...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It seems that they are doing this on the West Coast. Shortly after the Fukishima event, here in Seattle we had this same helicopter flying around for a few weeks in grid patterns. I suspected that they were establishing a new "base level" for local radiation monitors.

Danno

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoparDanno

It seems that they are doing this on the West Coast. Shortly after the Fukishima event, here in Seattle we had this same helicopter flying around for a few weeks in grid patterns. I suspected that they were establishing a new "base level" for local radiation monitors.

Danno

Thanks for the reply. Here is an article about similar testing in Baltimore, May of this year:

www.mde.state.md.us...

Seems like the same sort of testing?

The problem with establishing new baselines is that they would now be affected by transient elements from Fukushima which, depending on a variety of factors, would change that "natural background" on an ongoing basis. Every time the jet stream moved, or it rained or the wind direction changes. This is almost like they are checking for something specific that is in the air right now. Maybe following up on some new data from some of the monitoring stations. You know, the ones they "turned off" last year?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join