It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians Not Welcome in Jordan.(as they flee the Syrian war.....)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
www.english.rfi.fr...

It must be a very tenuous feeeling to be born to parents who fled a war...only to re enact the flight back the other way......and find yourself in prison of sorts....and under threat of being sent back.....
The negative results of a century and more of wars and opression,Colonization, and political meddling.in the middle east,are multiplying explosively right now....Aint blowback a Biatch?
Not just US blowback....but primarily ALL the last centuries bullies,racists, and hate mongers.......

There is no way of disentangling the threads of violence and coercion,racism and intolerant ignorance that have crossed and recrossed throughout the entire area.Underlying all of this is the resource which means life to modern mankind. Oil. A finite supply.......On top of which people happen to live.....
The outcome seems an inevitable outbreak of new and widespread warfare........

Which brings us back to the refugees that flee(very sensibly) from the violence, be it directed at them or collateral....(Collateral violence?)
We will be talking a half million, Thats 500,000 souls who reside in Syria, but origonate from Palestine 1948 war....and they are being squeezed between FSA and Loyalist forces.....(being handy scapegoats),...
Jordan, (who is part of the FSA supporting countries) is hypocrtically discriminating between the refugees, offering scant welcome to the Palestinian refugees, but allowing Syrians right of passage and reasonable freedoms.

Surely it has be becomming obvious to everyone, that there will be NO PEACE ANYWHERE.....as long as the status quo remains fixed and the forces which seek to rule by fiat go unchecked.
Lebanon, Syria, Jordan,Egypt, and others have populations of refugees from 1948, and later conflicts.
Wider warfare means MILLIONS uprooted.......
How then can all this be resolved?.......Honest appraisal says it cant......

If anyone can UNTIE this Gourdian Knot, let him speak....................

edit on 29-8-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

There will peace as soon as some dictators who support war in other countries change their minds.

Or maybe those dictators should reconsider being slave puppets.

Anyway , all the in-stabilizing game will end soon.

And people will see who is running the show.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yeah well I can't say as I blame the Jordanians for not wanting the Palestinians to return to their country. Do you not remember what happened the last time?

Black September

Something similar happened when the PLO went to Lebanon I believe, only it started a civil war that destroyed Beirut; the Paris of the Middle-east.

I'm not so sure I'd want tens of thousands of Palestinians in my hometown either after seeing how they treat their hosts.

EDIT: I DO feel for them though, especially the innocent men, women and children that have nothing to do with the politics of their leaders. It's too bad said leaders try to take over everywhere they are welcomed as guests.

edit on 8/29/2012 by TTAA2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In actuality the the article states these people feel far more Syrian than any loyalty to palestinian liberty etc....They merely wish to stay alive till the shootings over in Syria, as they are being targetted by both sides.....
The majority wish to remain living where they have lived since 48.......Many were born Syrian by now and grew up there....
However, there is a larger picture here that does include Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and others who took them in.....What if this proxy war heats up a lot more?
The refugee situation will become a flood from a trickle, and there will be a lot of sectarian violence,as different people come into forced contact with each other.....
Suppose Assad is losing badly?
The Alawaite sect would then be also on the recieving end no??
the results of more chaos being even MORE CHAOS.....How many different possible ways can there be red on blue, or blue on green or yellow on red violence?
Seems to me the right mix is there for a real old fashioned blood bath should this get out of hand....(Loss of law and order....).
Who can puzzle me the riddle of what to DO when this situation begins to snowball......?

top topics

join