It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My solution to the Israeli - Palestinian conflict.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PGTWEED

Originally posted by DaesDaemar
reply to post by Sublimecraft

So, you're advocating that the international community puts an end to this? By forming a Palestinian state which borders Israel? Jerusalem to become a city-state controlled by the UN? It sounds like a great idea, but who determines the borders, the international community? On what grounds are those borders chosen?

It's a great idea in theory, but realistically, the attacks would continue as I doubt both countries would agree to their borders.
That plan was the 1947 Partition Plan. The Jews at the time accepted it. The Arabs rejected it. The Arabs are still rejecting it to this day! They want to finish what Hitler and the Nazis started. The complete destruction of the Jewish People. Religious and Secular!

I wonder if you still hold the Germans of today responsible for the holocaust. Hate breeds hate, and your post is full of it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
As I am sure you are all aware my intentions here were to discuss a solution that, to me, seems reasonable. Some individuals have provided very good insight as to why it is near impossible to separate the history & religion excuses from the debate as to how to solve the issue.

I want to thank every body thus far for not attacking me personally for my idea.............it is indeed a relief because I took a huge personal risk in even posting this idea in the first place.

I continue to ask myself - why do I think that the wisdom of Solomon - or an interpretation thereof, will work here?

After all - he was willing to destroy the possession to get to the bottom of the dispute.

The analogy of my children, as pointed out, is based upon me being the lord and master of my domain and both obey me regardless.............not so in this scenario.

As long as we continue to discuss solutions - without dragging up past atrocities of which both sides are guilty of, I think we are heading in the right direction.

And religious folk, I being one of them, are right to point out Gods stance in all of this where referencing scripture - which at face value renders my solution a moot point - for if the Almighty has ordained it such that a solution will never be reached so as to see the fulfillment of scripture then so be it.

After all - if this issue stems all of the way back to Abraham then who am I to get involved - I am just a single voice in the wilderness crying out for justice.....and my intent is based on love.

But I will continue to be a single voice................

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I appreciate the intellectual efforts of the OP. He is trying to approach one of the world's thorniest issues with an impartial approach.

I disagree that his solution is at all feasible. It is easy to take away a toy two children are fighting over. It is difficult to take away land two peoples are fighting over. "Taking away" the land would involve moving millions of people, many of whom will not move without resistance.

Taking away land would involve uprooting the millions of Palestinians and Israelis who genuinely want to live in peace and genuinely want to come up with some peaceful compromise with their neighbors. It is my suspicious if we tried to "take away the land" the good peaceful people would be the most likely to leave peacably while the trouble makers on both sides would fight tooth and nail to stay so they can fight it out with the other side.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I appreciate you efforts and decorum in this matter. It is frustrating to see the problem and be so close to a solution, only to be sent back to page one. Humans seem to have good intentions, but some how the pride of men or the erosion of integrity finds a way to corrupt.

We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind. (Isaiah 64:6 NLT)

There will be a solution.

The LORD will mediate between peoples and will settle disputes between strong nations far away. They will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will no longer fight against nation, nor train for war anymore. (Micah 4:3 NLT)

Persever and fight the good fight. Your kindness and helpful spirit will prove to be more valuable than any solution.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

and when wise and intelligent americans, like noam chomsky and ron paul warn them, their egos are incapable of believing that they are not the greatest beings walking the earth, so they are dangerously swept aside until the next cocktail party erases any doubts of their greatness. those are your leaders.

No - they are not my leaders. I was born in New Zealand and reside in Australia.

I have much respect for Ron Paul though.

Thanks for your response either way.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
We are all living on the same planet, can't we just live in peace? Im this, Im that. Does it really matter? This Is one reason I belive Earth is about "restart" civilizations. No more system, no more differences. All one again.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by PGTWEED

So, you're advocating that the international community puts an end to this? By forming a Palestinian state which borders Israel? Jerusalem to become a city-state controlled by the UN? It sounds like a great idea, but who determines the borders, the international community? On what grounds are those borders chosen?

It's a great idea in theory, but realistically, the attacks would continue as I doubt both countries would agree to their borders.
That plan was the 1947 Partition Plan. The Jews at the time accepted it. The Arabs rejected it. The Arabs are still rejecting it to this day! They want to finish what Hitler and the Nazis started. The complete destruction of the Jewish People. Religious and Secular!

I wonder if you still hold the Germans of today responsible for the holocaust. Hate breeds hate, and your post is full of it.
The German People will have to live with the guilt of what was done during Hitler's madness for the next thousand years. A day with the L-RD is as a thousand years. A thousand years is as a day in HIS sight. .

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Your solution to take away the land being fought over by Israel and the Palestinians was tried twice in the regions history. After the destruction of the 1st Temple. After the destruction of the 2nd Temple. A friend of mine who passed away in Dec. 2010 said this in 1992 on a archaeological dig near Qumran, Israel "The Jews were driven from their lands and this time Israel is back. Israel is back to stay". G-D has decided who will inherit and it isn't the Palestinians.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The solution to the Israeli-Pakistani conflict is to realize that Jews and Freemasons control this planet.

www.redpillfactory.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

With all due respect....your 'solution' sucks. Events in Israel and Palestine are NOT history....they are current affairs. Your 'solution' appears to give no consideration to the origins of the actual problems. Are you serious, or is your tongue stuck firmly ion your cheek?

Solomon's wisdom was NOT about taking something off both those who claimed it....it was the threat of destroying a dearly loved child that had its real mother volunteer the child to the child snatcher rather than see her child be killed. Its a poor analogy....and a poor guide for life.

By your reasoning, in actual fact, we should be threatening to nuke Israel and turn it into a mirror if they don't stop the fighting and, again by your reasoning, the people who truly loved the land would offer to leave it to those who did not in order to save it.
edit on 30-8-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Events in Israel and Palestine are NOT history. Your 'solution' appears to give no consideration to the origins of the actual problems.

Please do not start a response with such blatant disrespect.

Now, please explain your lateral thinking and deduction skills here where its not history in one breath and is about history in the next...........

Solomon's wisdom was NOT about taking something off both those who claimed it

Yes it was, with all due respect.

He threatened to kill the child which in essence IS taking something off both those who claimed it.- over analyse it all you want - you clearly do not understand the meaning of Solomons Wisdom.

By your reasoning, in actual fact, we should be threatening to nuke Israel and turn it into a mirror if they don't stop the fighting and, again by your reasoning, the people who truly loved the land would offer to leave it to those who did not in order to save it.

No - that is by your reasoning and apparent war-like logic - not mine. Please post where I mentioned such actions.

I would have those whom are a hindrance to pure ever lasting peace, on both sides, removed from the equation - how that is achieved would be polar-opposite to your war-like thinking.

In any case, I have stated my stance on the subject in the many replies throughout this thread - of which you have either not read or have read and interpreted based upon your war-like logic.

Responses such as yours are part of the problem - I'm interested in solutions - peaceful solutions. Study up on what the wisdom of Solomon means and read the entire thread again to gauge my and others' opinions in this matter - then bring a gun back to this gun fight - the stick you are waving around will be your downfall.

One last thing - you are the only person who has seen fit to go on the personal attack - but that's OK because my disclaimer in my OP has just shown your Karma for all to see - or did you miss that forest through those trees as well?

Your response is classic mis-interpretation 101.

edit on 30-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Me? Warlike? I think not. Your misguided notion of a solution is precisely what caused the current problems in Palestine in the first place....the arrogance of outsiders....in that instance Britain determined that they would assist the Zionist Jews to achieve their stated aim of creating a homeland for Jewish peoples. The Brits initially offered the Zionists a corner of Kenya but they declined that offer (what did the Brits plan to do with the displaced Kenyans?).

Then, the Zionist got their eye on Libya where there was a 70,000 jewish population out of a total of 1,000,000 citizens in Libya. The Libyan's agreed, but on the condition that only jews from the former Ottoman empire would be permitted to live there (they were concerned that a large influx would swamp the indigenous population). The Zionists declined...and set their sights on Palestine.

The Brits initially attempted to restrict migration to protect the indigenous peoples but zionist terrorist organisations (Irgun and the Stern Gang) propagandised and terrorised including the bombing of the King David Hotel in 1946 and the 1948 Deir Yassin massacre (killing over 260 (mostly) women and children) on 9 April 1948.....Israel was founded just over a month later on 14 May 1948.

So now you.....yet another outsider....wishes to compound the mayhem. Your fantasy may play out well in your head....but really....give 2 seconds of consideration to what Australians would do if outsiders determined who could, or could not, live there. There's a nasty little thing called reality that seriously compromises your 'solution'.

The Promise - (UK) Channel 4

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
LOL, you my friend are a puppet. placed in power to do thier bidding, bieng manipulated from behind the scenes while those under you fear you they will never know who truly was in power.
kind of how the elites run the government and the president is placed in power just on a far smaller scale, so are you really qualified to comment....

I am the lord and master of my house and I run a tight and well oiled family, with the blessing of my wife

with the blessing of my wife

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Me? Warlike? I think not.

I think so - the proof is is your "interpretation" of my message based on love - here let me show you.......

By your reasoning, in actual fact, we should be threatening to nuke Israel and turn it into a mirror if they don't stop the fighting

I wish you folk would just purge that thought process horse excrement from your misguided heads.....wishful thinking - I know.

weapons weapons weapons kill kill kill hate hate hate - Geez - get a grip!

Me.................

And of course prove to me one side deserves it more than the other WITHOUT using history & religion - those two excuses flew out the door long long ago and neither has the right to now use them.

I'll repeat " I care not for (insert which ever side suits you) excuses as to why each deserves the possession in question - they learn their lesson(s) very very quickly when neither gets it"

You...........

in that instance Britain determined that they would assist the Zionist Jews to achieve their stated aim of creating a homeland for Jewish peoples. The Brits initially offered the Zionists a corner of Kenya but they declined that offer (what did the Brits plan to do with the displaced Kenyans?). Then, the Zionist got their eye on Libya where there was a 70,000 jewish population out of a total of 1,000,000 citizens in Libya. The Libyan's agreed, but on the condition that only jews from the former Ottoman empire would be permitted to live there (they were concerned that a large influx would swamp the indigenous population). The Zionists declined...and set their sights on Palestine. The Brits initially attempted to restrict migration to protect the indigenous peoples but zionist terrorist organisations (Irgun and the Stern Gang) propagandised and terrorised including the bombing of the King David Hotel in 1946 and the 1948 Deir Yassin massacre (killing over 260 (mostly) women and children) on 9 April 1948.....Israel was founded just over a month later on 14 May 1948.

Thank you for proving my point that control needs to be given to "outsiders".

You (again)...................

So now you.....yet another outsider....wishes to compound the mayhem. Your fantasy may play out well in your head....but really....give 2 seconds of consideration to what Australians would do if outsiders determined who could, or could not, live there. There's a nasty little thing called reality that seriously compromises your 'solution'.

Thank you for re-familiarizing yourself with my posts, at least that's a start I suppose............you are aware of where I reside.

Now.............Me...............

Now, please explain your lateral thinking and deduction skills here where its not history in one breath and is about history in the next

You.............?????

Me..............

Yes it was, with all due respect. He threatened to kill the child which in essence IS taking something off both those who claimed it.- over analyse it all you want - you clearly do not understand the meaning of Solomons Wisdom.

You................?????

Me..............

No - that is by your reasoning and apparent war-like logic - not mine. Please post where I mentioned such actions.

You...............??????

So again I say Thank you for proving my point that control needs to be given to "outsiders".

You are too contaminated with hate to see the forest through the trees. To point out the obvious - no solution put on the table thus far has worked.

Oh and yes.........lets go with your solution - all "outsiders" (outsider: every entity that does not currently claim sole heritage / God given birthright in this land) leave and keep their nose out of it because then everybody will kiss and make up and live happily ever after.................NOT.

There is, however, one thing I genuinely agree with you though.........that strange evil entity the "Zionists" must be purged FROM EARTH - not just their nest.

Irrespective of any further response from you my stance is simple...........

I am just a single voice in the wilderness crying out for justice.....and my intent is based on love. But I will continue to be a single voice................

edit on 30-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: removed comment so as not to cause upset - to myself

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

LOL, you my friend are a puppet. placed in power to do thier bidding, bieng manipulated from behind the scenes while those under you fear you they will never know who truly was in power. kind of how the elites run the government and the president is placed in power just on a far smaller scale, so are you really qualified to comment....

LOL all right..............let me re-word it for you then buddy.

I am the Lord and Master of my domain and my wife agrees with all of my decisions in matters of disciplining my children - she knows better than to get involved in such things because she appreciates my understanding and wisdom in such matters.

No one, and I mean no one pulls any strings from behind the scenes in my domain my friend.

I'm as qualified as any one else to comment - in any case "qualifications to comment" are a moot point otherwise you and I would not be having this conversation.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
There will not be any "peace" until certain events lock into place and it will be a false peace (i.e. Muhammad and Quraysh Mecca "peace").

Jews want peace, if the muslim world wants peace then a bargain needs to be struck, one conceding the Temple Mount to Israel in which the temple can be rebuilt. There's alot of jews who'd give everything they own, even land just to see it standing again. Right now all their hope is riding on that structure, it's the one thing they care about more than that land.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Good grief.....get real and know your facts about this dispute before you come in with your 'genius' but ill considered 'solution'. Let's say we do go with your 'solution' and remove all inhabitants from Palestine/Israel.....who would you have live there in their stead? Where would those you displaced go? You don't think they maybe just a tad resentful at the loss of their homes/careers/future? You reckon they'll simply acquiesce to your solution without retaliation?

Your 'solution' is arrogant, unrealistic and unworkable.

Btw - I have not misunderstood Solomon's wisdom....but you certainly seem unable to 'get' my analogy. Perhaps you're simply being obtuse. Solomon threatened to destroy the child in dispute (not remove it)...ergo....destroying the land equates to the same solution.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join