It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEAL book raises questions about bin Laden's death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dazbog
I must obviously be mistaken. My understanding was three months after this alleged incident ,Seal Team Six ( 22 of 30 ) were shot down while in a helicopter. Even this story in the LA Times is confusing on the number killed, when and where. NOW someone wrights a Book. In my opinion the entire story from day one is fantasy BS.

articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/06/world/la-fg-afghanistan-chopper-20110807

Pretty sure this link will not work, but you can cut and paste.

The reason why this book came out was to dis the Opsec group that recently came out to tell the Obama administration to stop the leaks and shut the hell up about classified operations. This Seal coming out kind of makes Opsec seem dumb when one of their own does the same thing.

No SEAL would write a book like this, not unless he has been retired for a very long time and it would take an act of Congress to not be classified if true.

This is just more Obama BS!!! Opsec made Obama look like an amateur.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't know if they ever admitted it, as I didn't follow the sham very much as it made me sick, but it was obvious that they did not intend to capture him alive. Most of the powerful people who have been caught in similar circumstances never try to fight, but rather want to live, and hope to do so by surrendering. Qaddafi, Hussein, Escobar, etc...Of course they will say that the person posed a threat, so they don't have to admit to the public that they murdered an unarmed person in cold blood.

It does not matter if the person is the most wanted in the world. That doesn't mean you kill them. We are/were a great nation because we practiced law and order. Even the guilty should get their day in court, because that is what our system states should happen. So even those morons who were screaming for his head, and were glad they killed him even if he was unarmed, are the real problem. Yes, you know who you are. Just because it is convenient for you, or in line with your limited moral values, doesn't mean that you can just disregard the law. And as I said, that is what starts many problems in this world today. People not being able to control their emotions and obey the rule of law. But then they will swear that they are moral and civilized, and it is ridiculous. That is so hypocritical.

Anyway, of course they murdered him in cold blood. I thought that was what was initially said, as I don't remember anyone saying he had a weapon when they busted into his room, but I could be wrong. Even if they did shoot him while he looked over the railing, the outcome is still cold-blooded murder of an unarmed person. And despite the fact that he may have done much of what he was accused of doing, that is no reason to murder him while unarmed, because that is not obeying the law, plain and simple. If the law stated something else, then I would back it, but it doesn't. Well, actually, I am pretty sure that now the law is whatever the US government says it is, so I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Anyone who didn't have questions about Bin Laden and his supposed death long before this supposed 1st hand account/book was announced, isn't using their brain in the first place.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Anyone that cannot see that this US Navy SEAL is just trying to stir the pot and garner attention must be in a totally different reality. If there was really a cover-up and the government was involved then why would they let this soldier write a book and allow it to be published? I would bet a lot of money that by now the government would have done something to keep him quiet. Reading the snippets posted in various media outlets I still don't understand what is shocking about this?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Sou you think it's ok to kill a man without any trial, without proving his guilt, or without giving him a chance to defend himself from the accusations. He has repeatedly denied his involvement in 9/11.

I thought it was "innocent until proven guilty"...but I guess I'm just naive.

Anyhow...after the whole incident, a sane person would at least question the way it was done. You just drop in some foreign land with a team of Seals and kill a guy because you "think" he is a terrorist.

As far as this Seal's book...good for him. I like it when they stir feathers.

Honesty and truth need no cover from whistleblowers.

edit: Oh yeah...and let him earn some money on it. It is a sad affair when one must pay to hear the truth, but these days...we must take what we can get, and be happy about it.
edit on 30-8-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Or perhaps they went in to kill him but OBL then bought those guys with some gold or money and they pretended to have killed him etc :O It's all possible.

Either way, i hope he's either cowering in a corner right now or off this planet

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I really do not get the American attitude thats coming across these days,

Osama Bin Laden planned an attack on your great nation and murdered thousands off your citizens, Dented your national pride and lowered your status as a world super power,

Do you think he would have done it to the Russians ?.

You guys did the right thing and sought revenge, Same as Pearl Harbour,

Because the raid on Obl was not some jazzed up scenerio you doubt your countrys integrity for some reason !!!

You have done the right thing you have won the war on terror do not start backtraking now, You The USA beat them. Take pride in yourselfs and keep self believing

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
IOsama Bin Laden planned an attack on your great nation and murdered thousands off your citizens, Dented your national pride and lowered your status as a world super power.

Bin Laden denied involvement in 9/11 and was never charged for it on the FBI's own website due to lack of evidence. The whole "war" that came from 9/11 was only to get into Iraq and take their oil. We invaded the wrong country and made up stories about WMD's being there, still haven't found those, so killing Hussein was a people pleaser to say "hey, we did something!"

Do you think he would have done it to the Russians?

Why would he do it to the Russians? The Russians don't invade other countries and bomb and kill their people without any regard to their own laws. Russia is not a nationalist nation, they aren't trying to conquer the world and force people to live the way THEY think everyone should live like the US does.

You guys did the right thing and sought revenge, Same as Pearl Harbour,

Pearl Harbor was 100% provoked by us. Japan did not want war with the US, but we cut off their supplies of oil and supplies that their people needed to survive using embargos that were an act of war themselves against Japan. We wanted Hitler, but he would not attack the US unless someone else attacked us first. We used and provoked Japan to get Hitler. That's not revenge, that's war games and involving otherwise innocent countries in a war by forcing their hand into getting involved. You don't think we watched their planes approach Pearl Harbor on radar? We told those guys nothing, they were sacrificed for the benefit of war with Hitler.

Because the raid on Obl was not some jazzed up scenerio you doubt your countrys integrity for some reason !!!

You have done the right thing you have won the war on terror do not start backtraking now, You The USA beat them. Take pride in yourselfs and keep self believing

OBL was America's boogyman. He was most likely dead a long time before anyone actually reported he was dead, he was our excuse for being over there at all, at least to the public. OBL had nothing to do with 9/11, not enough evidence to prove it as he was never charged or wanted for those crimes. People doubt their countries' integrity because they don't know how to tell the truth about anything. We "beat" our own people into submission more than we beat anyone else's. If war was a solution to anything, we wouldn't need to be constantly at war. We don't even declare war anymore, we do whatever we want to do and don't even follow our own rules.

Just my opinion, of course.. except the Pearl Harbor stuff, that's fact. Plenty of evidence these days to back up what we did to Japan to force and provoke them into a war they had no interest in being in in the first place. They went to great lengths to meet our demands, but in the end, their only option was to go to war. Wars are always based on some form of deception and lies and the public just never seem to see through it. Fighting for our freedom, yet out of the 40+ free countries in the world, we're the only one that has to fight for ours. BS, I say. It's all a bunch of crap and the people eat it up like candy.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You can only believe this book if you think OBL was still alive before the raid. If you do believe that, then you have to ask why the compound was not simply bombed, with no chance of survivors, the results would have been the same, not much in the way of a body, nothing for a shrine. If you think that is too gruesome to contemplate, it had already happened before, and after with air strikes in Pakistan killing scores, including many children. So why the special treatment fot the OBL compound? This book seems mighty like it's meant to consolidate the reality of the raid officially, rather than just memoirs of an individual involved. That it differs so far only in detail from the official version with events that will not bother the politicians too much.
edit on 30-8-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I was under the impression that OBL died of something like kidney failure in Dec 2001, was kept on 'ice' by the US administration/CIA for use in the future if/when they needed him. Several foreign officials talked about him as being dead years ago.

Could this book be the masking of the unbelievable official story so that it seems like they were hiding something, can then make apologies and ride the storm all the while it is just another plausable lie in order to take the heat off the fact that he was dead for years and all the vids / reports since 2001 were faked? Court martialling the SEAL member would just add more credibility to the whole scam.

Absolutely right, this book is screaming DISINFO. It's called pleading to a misdemeanor to avoid being charged with a felony. Admitting to a little lie, to avoid being caught in a big lie. Complete bull# with a bit of inconsequential truth mixed in to make it appear believable. "Wasn't cleared by the Pentagon." Hardy-har-har.

If the American public can be made to believe the official 911 story, they'll believe anything.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeTarzan

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I was under the impression that OBL died of something like kidney failure in Dec 2001, was kept on 'ice' by the US administration/CIA for use in the future if/when they needed him. Several foreign officials talked about him as being dead years ago.

Could this book be the masking of the unbelievable official story so that it seems like they were hiding something, can then make apologies and ride the storm all the while it is just another plausable lie in order to take the heat off the fact that he was dead for years and all the vids / reports since 2001 were faked? Court martialling the SEAL member would just add more credibility to the whole scam.

Absolutely right, this book is screaming DISINFO. It's called pleading to a misdemeanor to avoid being charged with a felony. Admitting to a little lie, to avoid being caught in a big lie. Complete bull# with a bit of inconsequential truth mixed in to make it appear believable. "Wasn't cleared by the Pentagon." Hardy-har-har.

If the American public can be made to believe the official 911 story, they'll believe anything.

Yes, disinfo, but a court martial, or rather a conviction on this navy seal is unlikely, and also/same thing? the story is co-authored by Kevin Maurer, AKA someone else. The whole thing is clever in some ways, if there would be a court martial, it would have to have a ring of truth in it somewhere, that means witnesses. His fellow seals/already anonymous for instance, and survivors of the raid, and other witnesses, from where? to the raid to establish that the raid/a raid did happen. A court martial in that instance would need the same circumstance as any other court, and they would need to prove that the raid took place, from start to finish, unambiguously and with all the technology available. 'Copters, Baghdad does that ring a bell?

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
You can only believe this book if you think OBL was still alive before the raid. If you do believe that, then you have to ask why the compound was not simply bombed, with no chance of survivors, the results would have been the same, not much in the way of a body, nothing for a shrine. If you think that is too gruesome to contemplate...
I don't think it's too gruesome to contemplate, in fact I would suspect that would be an option that was considered among some other options.

My guess is some guys were sitting in a room evaluating some options on how to best proceed, and they chose one of them. I don't know how you can presume to have a better thought process about how that decision was made if you weren't there and weren't looking at the same intel they were looking at to make the decision.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MeTarzan

It's called pleading to a misdemeanor to avoid being charged with a felony.

What a great analogy! That is EXACTLY how I see this. Also helps to explain away their strange 'dumping of the body' actions to the public by making out they had a little something to hide and that is why they tossed the body. Hoping that the matter then gets forgotten rather than people constantly being suspicious and digging for an explanation and it coming out that it was a) not really OBL and just some poor guy they used/killed for the charade or b) the body really was OBL, taken out of 'storage' having been dead for years.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by smurfy
You can only believe this book if you think OBL was still alive before the raid. If you do believe that, then you have to ask why the compound was not simply bombed, with no chance of survivors, the results would have been the same, not much in the way of a body, nothing for a shrine. If you think that is too gruesome to contemplate...
I don't think it's too gruesome to contemplate, in fact I would suspect that would be an option that was considered among some other options.

My guess is some guys were sitting in a room evaluating some options on how to best proceed, and they chose one of them. I don't know how you can presume to have a better thought process about how that decision was made if you weren't there and weren't looking at the same intel they were looking at to make the decision.

What are you on about? We already know that several formats were considered, that's public, and including predator, (used before and after elsewhere) you left that bit of the drone use out of my post out BTW, and now you want to make a guess at what we already 'know'
So what about this navy seal? what are the options on how best to proceed? his story is different to the official one given to NG is it not? A chest and head shot in OBL's bedroom, as portrayed on NG, while he says otherwise. So, will they go for giving away operational secrets, or telling porkys, or maybe both? Once again they have a legal dilemma, without much option of incarceration until they figure something out. I don't think that they will do the Brandon Raub type scam on this guy!
edit on 2-9-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
well, I know i am not a very swift thinker, but, Husseins hanging was televised, someone else was put to death(can't remember who) was also televised, NOT 1 pic of his body....I call bs....I say obama is osama, only he had some plastic surgery...Yeah, already hashed out here, I know. We will never know the truth.....Damn

top topics

<< 1   >>

join