It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beauty and Brutality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

From violent underwater bird battles - to blood-sucking insects and peanut butter-loving mice - this year's Veolia EnvironnementWildlife Photographer of the Year Competition attracted 48,000 entries from 98 countries.

Some awesome images that capture the imagination, nature never ceases to amaze me. The struggle of life and death just makes you thankful to be alive. I hope everybody on ATS enjoys this as much as I did, sorry if it's in the wrong catagory, this is my first time posting.www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 29-8-2012 by Griff187 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-29-2012 by worldwatcher because: external quotes added

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff187

just incredible, thank you for sharing! i have been looking for a good time to take my boy to the natural history museum, really gonna have to make it happen now

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Hope you both have a great time, my kids love nature too, I've taught them well, we hold all life sacred. My daughter has me save spiders from the bath plug hole, even though she's afraid of them

edit on 29-8-2012 by Griff187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Great post, Thank you.
All of the photos were amazing. Two stood out the most for me.
The first being the infrared turned black and white photo of the cheetahs. This was probably my favorite of the entire bunch it was as if they were observing their earth. They looked downright noble.
The second one, just as powerful but with a completely darker feeling was the baboon that had been caught by the villagers. It struck me how human that baboons expression was, his fear was palpable. It's so sad that with their environments degrading things like this are happening more and more with a variety of species.
Again absolutely fantastic find

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Yes,the baboon photo made me want to turn away, the look in its eyes made me feel awful. The cheetahs did look like they were watching the world go by beautiful, glad you enjoyed them.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What a beautiful world we live in! stepped outside this morning around 5am & viewed a beautiful full "blue moon". Listened to roosters crowing & caressed by a gentle warm breeze. Made my day! With all the disasters going on, fires, earthquakes, floods & hurricanes, I feel so blessed that I was granted the privledge of enjoying these. I hope I never forget how beautiful our world really is & happy I could take a few minutes to appreciate it.

top topics

join