It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Ever Reach Any Conclusion At All ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Have you notice that nothing is definetly conclusive ? Not even death we can say for sure that is a conclusive thing as we just don`t know what comes next

There are many theories, conspiracies, opinions, suggestions, etc, about all kind of subjects but we always end up without a conclusion that is accepted by all.

Not sure if I`m being understood as I have great difficulties with writing in english but what I`m trying to say and ask you at the same time is that FOR SURE, what do we know bessides mankind axioms and conventions ?

You can even see or experience something amazing such as what it`s called "near death experience" or watch something odd in the sky but this will be your own experience only and many people will still question if that was real (as if we even knew what`s real) .

A prediction is just a prediction that can either happen OR not, a conspiracy is just a theory that can be true OR not, death can be the end OR not, God does exist OR not, the Universe is infinite OR not, and so on, and so on....maybe the only conclusion we can reach is the one Socrates reached himself many years ago: "I Know that I Know Nothing"

So I wonder if the real goal of life is just to live it in the way of just feel it according with the conventions and axioms it`s made of instead of trying to understand it

edit on 29-8-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

life to me is like driveing over a hill or around a curve & never knowing whats on the other side...
never knowing if im going to fast or to slow.

the man in the mirror is my back seat driver.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The best conclusion I can come up with after many different Philosophies is to Give to others.

Maybe Creator (Light) GIVES life, and always GIVES because Creator knows there is no LACK.

If humans know there is no LACK they wouldn't care to keep giving.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I would argue the most certain or conclusive thing is being uncertain. Simply because you say there is no conclusiveness you create conclusivity (is that even a word?). There is one other thing that is conclusive though. Duality. Simply because a thing exists so exists its exact opposite.

Even within that statement duality exists. If something is exactly opposite it is inherently more closely related. It really is the fundamental law of the universe
edit on 29-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Maybe the miracle is not in getting answers... maybe the miracle is simply to be found in the fact that we are able to ask the questions.

Within the capacity to wonder and to imagine nests the capacity to comprehend. And where the capacity to comprehend exists, all things are possible. Besides, if I've come to one solid conclusion in this life at all, it is this:

What we create in our imagination, in anticipation or hope, is always better than what reality ends up providing us with. The mind is capable of such perfection and innocent beauty... reality can scarcely hold a candle to what we create within.

So... maybe conclusions are pointless - and only our interpretations and expectations really matter.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think you only need to understand life to the extent that allows you to master your movement through it. If that makes sense, then anything can be built or belief off that as long as it doesnt compromise the fundamental rule.
edit on 29-8-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Without an individuals perception of it, however, it doesn't exist. Technically, and lets be honest a little out there in the realm of philosophy even, "you" are the only point of perception in the world. Without "you" there to percieve your environment the environment doesnt exist.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yes in my experience a conclusion is most certainly reached.

But first you must be totally able to accept and overcome what is revealed.

It's an individual journey and the conclusion is not disappointing.

Profound, it is.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I've come to embrace "maybe logic" as a concept. There's nothing we can know for 100% certainty. There are only degrees of knowing. Most things we accept presumptively without the need for contemplation or examination. Sometimes even those things are discovered to be incorrect.

Turns out, there are only 8 planets. Meh. Doesn't affect my day-to-day. And if a 9th is ultimately found? Big deal. Not going to keep me from getting out of bed.

Now if it turns out truly compelling evidence bordering on proof exists that the world really is micromanaged by inter-dimensional reptilian shapeshifters, I might call in sick a couple of days, but I'm not anticipating the need.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wow, 1st of all let me thank you all with a star for such interesting opinions into this discussion

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Well, I don`t know if we can assume (conclude) there`s no conclusions, that`s what I`m trying to find out

Duality/opposit is part of the axioms but what if it comes from a single entity that can either exist OR not ?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Maybe you`r right and the conclusions are pointless. As I also said, maybe the real goal of life is just to live it in the way of just feel it according with the conventions and axioms it`s made of instead of trying to understand it.

Maybe... maybe.... maybe... maybe this is the word we should always use

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

There is one other thing that is conclusive though. Duality. Simply because a thing exists so exists its exact opposite.

Even within that statement duality exists. If something is exactly opposite it is inherently more closely related. It really is the fundamental law of the universe

Not quite. Duality is a man-made concept. There are some things that appear opposite, but nothing more. Hot and cold for instance aren't opposites, but varying degrees of the same thing. The same goes with black and white, up and down, positive and negative, young and old, male and female etc. They're the same thing but with varying degrees of gradation and appearance.

edit on 29-8-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I agree. People sometimes confuse polarity with duality, when they're really not the same thing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AQ6666

Its kind of a different line of thought. Duality provides a conclusive because everything does indeed have its opposite. Example; opposite of matter is empty space. You cant really percieve empty space but you know it exists due to its relation with matter. Thus being conclusive exists just as the inconclusiveness you percieve around you.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You're implying that im talking about perceived opposite when in fact im actually trying to describe the only true opposite of existence and non existence. Duality is just the term I use to describe tangible opposite in single entity within the bounds of a set perspective. Using perceived opposite I am trying to describe true opposite. I do apologize as my phrasing does seem odd when trying to convey a concept that really is tough to put to words

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Now imagine that inter-dimensional beings/reptilians/alien, you name it, do come Earth and tell us they are our creators, as many in ATS already pointed out as the ultimate theory on our origins.

I`m sure there would be many who would believe them while many would claim they were just trying to brainwash us to dominate the world.

But even if this was true, would it be considered the ultimate conclusion ? ...I think not cause we`d be questioning their origins,......etc.

I believe there is only existence coz I can`t imagine anything coming out of non-existence, but again this is not a conclusion, just a personal belief.
edit on 29-8-2012 by AQ6666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus

You're implying that im talking about perceived opposite when in fact im actually trying to describe the only true opposite of existence and non existence. Duality is just the term I use to describe tangible opposite in single entity within the bounds of a set perspective. Using perceived opposite I am trying to describe true opposite. I do apologize as my phrasing does seem odd when trying to convey a concept that really is tough to put to words

Very true. No need to apologize. Although, I would go even further and say there is also no such thing as non-existence either. Something non-existing is a logical contradiction; for how can something be anything if it doesn't exist? The predicate "non-exist" negates any subject or object, rendering any use of it in a proposition a paradox.

I apologize for the pedantry. I'm not purposefully being difficult. I only fail to see how duality remains as a true principle.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Not at all! Discussion and ideas are what makes life great. I would however argue that without non existence existing is not possible. There has to be a discerning point. I'm not sure what book i read it in but it postulated that gravity stems from the parallel universe of non existence. Obviously it was worded much better... And unfortunately I really don't understand it enough to explain the hypothesis.

I have to say that the only thing I can really explain is that the existence of a thing is proof of its opposite. Matter and space, silence and noise... Both only reflecting existence and non existence

I will however express doubt on my own hypothesis as true opposites compliment eachother in a fashion that cannot be possible in existence and non existence. Where matter can exist in space and space in matter... Where as non existence cant be in existence nor vice versa. Or maybe its just a problem with my perception? Or maybe that is the connection... Or maybe perception is its own opposite? Wouldn't that be interesting? Existence and non existence only manifest within an individuals ability to perceive? Well i think Ive found myself back at duality :p. complex mumbo jumbo.
edit on 31-8-2012 by conspiracyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQ6666
Not sure if I`m being understood as I have great difficulties with writing in english but what I`m trying to say and ask you at the same time is that FOR SURE, what do we know bessides mankind axioms and conventions ?

What you experience first hand.

So I wonder if the real goal of life is just to live it in the way of just feel it according with the conventions and axioms it`s made of instead of trying to understand it

As I stated above the only way to know for sure is to live it. Conventions and axioms only get you so far.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join