It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Painting of Nude Bush Removed From Museum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Fri Oct 8, 7:46 PM ET

By CARL HARTMAN, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - A cartoonish painting of President Bush (news - web sites) in the nude has been taken down from the wall at the City Museum of Washington. The picture, called "Man of Leisure, King George," adopts the pose of a famous Impressionist painting, Edouard Manet's "Olympia," that scandalized Paris in 1863, and now hangs in the Gare d'Orsay Museum in Paris.
King George??

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I was wondering how long it would take before this item would reach ATS, and I am sorry that it did. Truly it is a sad day when a really awful artist is given 15 minutes of fame for creating a monstrosity that feeds off controversy. I have had two solo one-person exhibitions, but it is seldom that I have seen less talent or originality.

If you are going to make a point with art, make sure it reflects some semblance of intellectuality and creativity and finally a modicum of talent.

Shame on the nation that it gives this "work" fame. A total non-talented, unknown artist has managed to gain fame with hundreds of hits on google because of a repugnant copy of the work of another artist.

The Democrats are running low on creativity and high on plagiarism... honestly read the following and tell me one that this is (1) an original thought and (2) in good taste? I guess 'the retarded" don't vote, so why have empathy for them?

"State Rep. Craig Fitzhugh (D-TN): "Democrats in a race for a state House seat in District 82, are circulating a flyer that shows a retarded child with President Bush's face running in a track race. The headline says: 'Voting for Bush Is Like Running In The Special Olympics: Even If You Win, You're Still Retarded.' The flyer is being distributed by Democrat Craig Fitzhugh." (Tradition Values Coalition Website, "Tennessee Democrats Compare Republicans To Special Olympics Children," www.traditionalvalues.org, 10/12/04, Accessed 10/13/04)"

www.noticias.info...

[edit on 13-10-2004 by Mynaeris]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
All I can say is how freaking demented is that guy to even imagine Bush nude?

join