It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Omits All Coverage From Minority Speakers at 'Racist' RNC Convention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

One of the greatist republicans and a great speaker.................Martin Luther King.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
People. Both Malcom X and Martin Luther King died over 40 years ago...

The political arena has changed a little bit

Stop bringing them up as if they would hold the exact same views in today's climate.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

In his earlier years he voted Dems. As he became a civil rights leader, he dropped allegiances to any party. Since then, family members have claimed either he was Rep or Dem.

So it's maybe fairer to let his reputation stand as neutral.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I think you have failed to read in the previous posts before yours where it has been stated 3 maybe 4 times that it was all news stations omitted this not just msn but all news stations EXCEPT PBS. Please explain the bias in that.

Your argument does not hold water. This thread is not worth the digital space it takes up.

And I am not a Democrat...

Where did I even mention the other posts? I was only trying to restate what I thought the OP was about, sheesh. As far as my argument goes, what the HELL are you talking about, MY argument, it's NOT MY THREAD. Where did you get the idea I was creating an argument? I wasn't, you are misunderstanding the point of my response to the other person.

Lastly, where did I ever bring up assuming what political party YOU affiliate with? I didn't. So I don't get why you're pointing your pen at me and saying you're not a Democrat? I never mentioned anything about that.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

I was addressing where you were pointing out that it was the news source omitting them and specifically pointing out it was MSNBC but failing to say it was ALL news channels omitting them except PBS seems much skewed. If you had read any further in the thread you would see this has been brought up several times throughout the thread and each time someone has corrected their omission.
It not being your thread is true but this is a open forum.
As far as my party affiliation I felt like giving it. Is there a problem with that?

If I completely misunderstood you my apoligies.
I gathered you were complaining about the news source coverage from this.

NEWS reporting GIMPING you,

and this from your post

It was MSNBC who decided to omit them. Not the RNC

Maybe I just misunderstood the intent.
edit on 30-8-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
“With the exception of black former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, MSNBC and Fox News covered and omitted the same exact speeches.”
FROM
www.theblaze.com...
What a non-issue! Are you now going to complain that fox “news” is leftist and anti-Republican?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Tea Partiers don't count as politicians. They are just drags on our domestic progress as well as our standing in the world. They are to blame for most of the awful things that have happened since the primaries of 2010.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
The fact that we have to make a big deal over having minorities speaking at the RNC speaks volumes. It shouldn't even be news or a discussion. It should be a normal expected thing.

You can argue over the reason why until every tuns blue, but the fact remains that the Republican party lacks diversity.

It wasn't a big deal until the shrills started intentionally painting the GOP in that light. The GOP is reacting to what they perceive as character assassination by a biased communication medium (i.e. MSM).

Should they actual sink so low as to respond? Well, that's up for debate - but the fact it's a discussion piece is only because Chris Mathews and MSNBC have gone on area creating a race controversy where there is none.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Who really cares?

The only reason why so many minorities are speaking is because the GOP wants to make it seem like Black people are against Obama too. They are painfully tokennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

It's like when Fox wants to talk about black people or urban issues, then they bring one of their tokens on to discuss it.

And of course black republicans exist, I'm not saying they don't.

Herman Cain, Artur Hawking, Clarence Thomas, Mia Love....

All have been called all kinds of "fun" names ... by the left. Seems the left ONLY cares about tolerance and respect when it's one of "their" minorities....

See the contradiction?

Who brings up race and/or gender every election? Do the GOP folks ever say "white people, you need to vote for us because otherwise all those scary black people and women folk will get all kinds of new powers!"

Nope

Does the DNC ever say "black people and women, you need to vote for us because the RNC hates you!"

Yep.

Which stance shows a higher sense of equality?

- We are not going to mention race or gender because that doesn't mater
- We are going to hammer you with race and gender issues because we think that matters

One says your race and gender DON'T matter, the other says it's THE issue...

Equality is everyone being treated equally, not some groups being treated special over others.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
95% blacks voted for Obama. That says it all. It would seem their vote is largely race-based. Thats why Republicans are trying to field as many blacks as they can find.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

NO...I was not giving my opinion, I was simply restating what I "thought" was the OP reasons for posting and trying to explain that to the person who seemed to not understand the OP statement. I wasn't intending to leave out the fact that other networks also omitted them. It's a sad affair all 'round. Would be easier if we were all sitting in a room and able to hear the voices and tones.

I wish these conventions didn't have to seem to bring out the WORST in politicians and media. I wish they could see how ridiculous they appear on so many levels.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

Then you have my apologies I had missed your point. Foul on my part.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Considering people are twits and not pay attention to the real issues, ploys like these are used to sway public opinion. when people are motivated by the real issues instead of stupid crap like this these tactics will end. Till then expect to see more of this garbage across the board

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
“One of the greatist republicans and a great speaker.................Martin Luther King.”
Tarzan the apeman.

That is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard. So Republicans are for a minimum wage, a fairer distribution of wealth, unions… It is amazing how little the youth of today know about history.
Probably got his misinformation from that tin foil hat wearing Glen Beck!
edit on 30-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If you modify your behavior in any way, for the betterment or to the detriment, to a targeted individual or group because of their skin color, you are a racist.

If you selectively cut out coverage of the RNC because a speaker happens to be black or latino, you are racists.

If in 2008 you voted for, or if you intend to vote for Obama this year, because of the color of his skin you are a racist.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by FlyersFan

On the first page of this thread, another member pointed out that none of the MSM outlets aired the speeches. The only exception being PBS.

I was watching both MSNBC and FoxNews and neither covered it.

If we apply the same thinking you just mentioned, does this mean the the far Right hates Republicans and FoxNews did not cover the speeches because they want to make the Republicans look racist?

Foxnews is not covering all the speeches on their main network but they covering them all on their Fox News Business Network. So they are at least covering them. MSNBC and CNN are flat out ignoring them.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by afeent1

Do you have a link for those missed speaches then?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by afeent1

Do you have a link for those missed speaches then?

Im sure they are somewhere on Youtube. I watched them live.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join