It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Omits All Coverage From Minority Speakers at 'Racist' RNC Convention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I see this more of a fault with media. In all honesty though Democrat/Republican they are both liars and thieves, why would you want to listen to them at all?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

And what can we say about Fox News and their biased right-wing religious fundamentalist Republican propaganda?

All MSM is biased, but I thought we all knew this already?

I guess that even though we all know it, it's fun to point it out and make it useful when we want to portray our political enemies as peddlers of propaganda.

Left leaning people state it about Fox, and now right leaning people state it about MSNBC. Some of us are not stupid enough to let it be seen as anything more than BS MSM whatever side of the political spectrum it's on. We can see through threads like this and see them for what they are - political trolling.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
After some thought it really seems indicative of a larger social problem if MSM wants to create the illusion of race issues. What is wrong with our society that we tolerate this in our media? Everyone should be insulted as this is what they believe we their consumers want to watch. It is truly a sick situation we have put ourselves in.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thankfully only the very few on the far left watch MSNBC. They are the only ones that can stomach the garbage pumped out by MSNBC. The far left wants to sit there thinking that all republicans hate black people so MSNBC feeds their ignorance by providing them a RNC without black people in it. More selective editing by MSNBC. No surprise ....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

On the first page of this thread, another member pointed out that none of the MSM outlets aired the speeches. The only exception being PBS.

I was watching both MSNBC and FoxNews and neither covered it.

If we apply the same thinking you just mentioned, does this mean the the far Right hates Republicans and FoxNews did not cover the speeches because they want to make the Republicans look racist?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The only reason why so many minorities are speaking is because the GOP wants to make it seem like Black people are against Obama too. They are painfully tokennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
You mean to say that the black people can't think for themselves and are brainless? By this logic, the democratic party is all about minorities and that any minority speaker (including caucasion) are used as tokens?

And of course black republicans exist, I'm not saying they don't.
This contradicts your above statement.

edit on 29-8-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

You mean to say that the black people can't think for themselves and are brainless?

No, I'm saying the reason the GOP has them speaking is because they are minority, to combat Obama

By this logic, the democratic party is all about minorities and that any minority speaker (including caucasion) are used as tokens?

No, theres a huge amount of white people that are democrats.......your logic makes no sense. In order for something to be token it has to be a minority within the group...then exploited for the groups gain.

This contradicts your above statement.

No, it really doesn't. You can be black and Republican and not be used as a token.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Tokens = black people who are chosen to speak just because they are black..nothing else.

Oh yeah? Where is your evidence? Or is it just your inherit distrust of the white devil?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Vile network, who managed to the impossible- or at least I thought so.... Overtakes FOX's vileness.

edit on 29-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
This reminds me of when MSNBC edited footage of a black man with a gun, in order to claim he was a racist white guy. Its pretty clear the Democrat party media wants to portray the GOP as nothing but racist white men who are out to get everyone else. Those of you who buy in to it are being suckered.

MSNBC Omits All Coverage From Minority Speakers at 'Racist' RNC Convention

A funny thing happened on race-obsessed MSNBC tonight. The liberal network failed to give viewers coverage of the speakers who happen to be member of racial minorities. As Francesca Chambers, Editor of Red Alert Politics, reported on August 28th:

When popular Tea Party candidate Ted Cruz, the GOP nominee for Senate, took the stage, MSNBC cut away from the Republican National Convention and the Hispanic Republican from Texas’ speech.

MSNBC stayed on commercial through former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis’ speech, as well. Davis, who recently became a Republican, is black. Then, when Puerto Rican Governor Luis Fortuno’s wife Luce’ Vela Fortuño took the stage minutes later, MSNBC hosts Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews opted to talk over the First Lady’s speech. And Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval? Noticeably missing from MSNBC, too. Mia Love, a black candidate for Congress in Utah, was also ignored by MSNBC.

Why is MSNBC trying to exclude conservative Republicans of color in their coverage? Could it be that they are aghast that they're not on the side of the infallible Barack Obama? Could it be because it cuts against their persistent whine that the GOP is the party of "dog whistle" politics aimed at working-class white voters?

It's irnoic since Daily Beast contributor Michael Tomasky friviously labeled this year's RNC convention as racist.

Shall we take bets on when Condi Rice's speech is interrupted by a Michelin tire commercial?

NBC is trying to teach people how to think.

If the Republicans are racist then it would be impossible for them to have black speakers

at the RNC Convention. Oh NO !!! There they are !

Quick! RUN don't walk.....RUN to the editing room! Cut that out!

--- NBC EditGate 3.0 ---

---------
Wow! That was close. Wait! Do you think anyone noticed???

Are we going to get caught.............again ?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

It's like when Fox wants to talk about black people or urban issues, then they bring one of their tokens on to discuss it.

Too bad the Media doesn't actually try to talk to real black people, about Urban issues. Like the failure to promote Job growth, in the inner cities, The Higher unemployment rate, for blacks, in general, even higher for the youth, and how they really feel about Obama. Most I talked to are not going to vote, and would not vote for Obama.Then again, none are going to vote for Romney either. That is the real lesson, America isnt hearing.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Tokens = black people who are chosen to speak just because they are black..nothing else.

Oh yeah? Where is your evidence? Or is it just your inherit distrust of the white devil?

I found great clips for those curious what happened last night.

BTW, Chris Matthews is becoming - unhinged -.

Watch his interview with Newt. Chris Matthews looks like a fool.

- Newt -

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Anyone who is a target of the media's white menace fear mongering. You don't give a crap, but I think it's pretty dangerous to have a mass media that's essentially just the attack dogs for the Democrat party.

Do you not think it's dangerous for the MSM outlet FoxNews to be the attack dogs of the Right? It goes both ways and that's why I do not give them any credit for being good journalists.

Or how about non-whites who do hold views in line with the GOP, but who get attacked as race traitors and ignored when they try to speak out?

Whom was ignored or treated like a traitor? MSNBC did not cover their speech. Neither did FoxNews. So unfortunately the argument falls flat on it's face.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It wasn't edited, they simply went to commentary...just as everyone else did including FoxNews.

I think you guys are trying real hard to make something out of nothing and you have to realize that many of us seen the coverage. You can't try to pull the wool over our eyes.
edit on 29-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It wasn't edited, they simply went to commentary...just as everyone else did including FoxNews.

I think you guys are trying real hard to make something out of nothing and you have to realize that many od us sen the coverage. You can't try to pull the wool over our eyes.

I watched last night.

Fox News showed all of the speakers.

There was no - convenient - switch to commentary at Fox News.

-----------
You see NBC has a template they have to follow. They can't let real time events get

in the way. - Executive Producer - Quick switch to camera 3 ! Give me more talking

heads or quick ! Go to commercial ! There's a black woman on the stage !!!!

NBC got caught.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

From what I saw they didn't cut away from the minority speakers. I saw Mia Love and Artur Davis and Ted Cruz speak on Fox. They were also on PBS and CSPAN.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by glasshouse

Unless I missed something, I never seen either speaker on FoxNews. I had to watch their speeches on youtube.

I could be wrong. But I still don't see how this is some sort of racial indictment of MSNBC.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Let's see the Fox "News" coverage of these same speakers speeches, OP. No? They didn't cover them either?

Then I guess Fox "News" is as racist as MSNBC.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by glasshouse
reply to post by sheepslayer247

From what I saw they didn't cut away from the minority speakers. I saw Mia Love and Artur Davis and Ted Cruz speak on Fox. They were also on PBS and CSPAN.

Yes, but MSNBC got busted with a corrupt executive producer who conveniently

went to commercial or jumped to talking heads like Chris Matthews.

- Follow the template -

It's easy to do. You should watch a good movie called - Broadcast News -

It stars William Hurt and Holly Hunter.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Let's see the Fox "News" coverage of these same speakers speeches, OP. No? They didn't cover them either?

Then I guess Fox "News" is as racist as MSNBC.

Actually they did. I watched it last night. It was funny. Bill O'Reilly silenced

Alan Colmes whenever a speaker stepped onto the stage.

Bill announced the speaker and then we heard the whole speech.

Well done Fox News.

Truth be told, i don't think you - ever - watch Fox News.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join