learn more

Gaza May Be Unlivable By 2020: UN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I agree they need to, but is this going to happen? It seems to me that Hamas is radical and PA won't accept such radical behavior. And if Hamas stops being radical, will it still be Hamas?

If Hamas is only able to exist with radical movements and actions, then I hope it stops being Hamas. Someone who makes a living out of being violent learns nothing more than violence, and if you have a hammer all problems look like nails. If so, then they are part of the problem and not part of the solution, and should be disregarded as such.

Make room for people who actually care about building a better world for them, and those around them.

So as unfortunate as the situation is, it may go from bad to worse, and I'm not sure what anyone can do to stop it, unless Hamas decides to change who they are and become less radical, which seems somewhat unlikely.

What should be done, but nobody has ever tried it, is simply putting the weapons down and get around a table with no prejudice, from all sides. Not only those involved, but also from those who support the involved states.

Palestine needs to block these violent actions, and make all the possible efforts from within to stop them. It hurts their credibility and takes away their chance to speak out.

On the other side, Israel needs to be more tolerant and permissive. That's not saying that they should take risks and put their safety at check, but a common ground can be achieved, a level were innocents aren't attacked for the actions of a few. And who knows? Maybe Israel can actually help Palestine end their own violent movements, and they could become stronger together than separated.

It just needs to be accomplished in a way that even Palestinians them-selfs see the actions necessary for the good of all.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The new Arafat's of the region want to pocket some more free UN cash.
Not one penny would go towards the living conditions of normal people.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I myself can not accept that those in Palestine do suicide bombing against the occupiers, because this is what Israel wants to pretend being oppressed !!! however we should perceive that Palestinians did not have any other tools to defend themselves unless their lifes. nowadays they have some simple missles to respond the Israeli attacks !
US and UK as the over indulgent father and mother of Israel are just sacrificing everything for that. that is no far that their spoiled child harms them as well. or maybe it has harmed already !
the peace negotiations between what US calls them conservative arab govrnments and Israel just leaded to nothing. it means Israel even can not come along with such loose governments ! and it spreads just like a cancer tumor ! while it has still some lands of Syria and Egypt under their occupation. and people of Egypt are full of anger and sorry against Israel. because Mubarak helped Israel to complete the siege of Gaza during 22 day war. moreover approximately nothing has remained from Palestine then peace for what ! Israel does not pay attention to international communities at all. they are just after a greater Israel and it is totally a madness.
I can not imagine any peace process with these situations. so some countries called resistance group think that peace can be reached unless when there is no Israel because it is just a occupier. this is why media say that Iran wants to destruct Israel 24 hour a day. this is what they have proposed to do this:

"""The solution of the Islamic Republic to the issue of Palestine and this old wound is a clear and logical proposal that is based on political wisdom accepted by global public opinion and it has been presented in detail previously. We neither propose a classical war with the armies of Islamic countries, nor do we propose throwing Jewish immigrants into the sea or intervention of the United Nations and other international organizations. We propose a referendum among the Palestinian people. Just like any other nation, the Palestinian nation has the right to determine its own destiny and to elect its own government. All the original people of Palestine - including Muslims, Christians and Jews and not foreign immigrants - should take part in a general and orderly referendum and determine the future government of Palestine whether they live inside Palestine or in camps or in any other place. The government that is established after the referendum will determine the destiny of non-Palestinian immigrants who migrated to Palestine in the past. This is a fair and logical proposal which global public opinion understands and it can receive support from independent nations and governments.""""
english.khamenei.ir...

this issue is even far complicated than Crusades. because religions are not involved directly. and many religous people throughout the world are against it. including Jews. even ordinary people that live in Israel can not tolerate wars. most of them were after better life in that Land not 60 years fighting with this or that.
maybe this is why the Messiah of monotheistic religions should return someday
edit on 29-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)
edit on 29-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

How about they stop launching attacks on Israel, and get serious about actual peace.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Let's talk about these attacks on Israel.

The Palestinians are firing, sometimes mortars, but mainly Qassam rockets from Gaza into the illegal settlements.
These Qassams have a range of 18km, the earlier ones less than half that.
They are home-made from scrap metal and weed killer.
It is impossible to target them with any accuracy.
They are hardly a serious threat given that the Israelis always retaliate with air strikes.
The Israeli government could easily stop these rockets by not issuing building permits within a 20km buffer zone around Gaza.

That compared to the might of the I.O.F. makes it seem like a school yard bully daring a small kid to hit him.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Last I checked the bully is the one who starts the fight. Let's run with your anology. What happens when you start a fight with the bully over and over, you get your ass put in the hospital probably. Israel sure shows a lot of restraint for a "bully". Palestinians are the bullies, they just lack the punch to make good on their ambition. We both know it's true, you just admittied it even. So Palestinians attack and only lack firepower to do serious harm. Israel has the firepower but shows restraint in retaliations. Maybe it's time you rethink your position.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The Israelis are showing restraint? Good grief ! That's like saying the Nazi's showed restraint by only killing 6 million.
I was attempting to show that the range of the rockets was minimal compared with the range of the I.O.F. air force.
If you feel that this pathetic attempt by the occupied people of Palestine to inflict hardly any damage onto Israel is bullying then you should buy a new thesaurus.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
The Israeli government could easily stop these rockets

Or a much simpler way to stop them - the terrorists simply stop attacking Israel!

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

The Israeli government could easily stop these rockets

Or a much simpler way to stop them - the terrorists simply stop attacking Israel!

This is the bit you edited out:

by not issuing building permits within a 20km buffer zone around Gaza.

This is a more practical solution than the P.A. telling all the "terrorists" to stop.

You do not understand, the people who fire these rockets do so knowing they do not do much damage, they do it because they have no other way to fight back, it's either this or strapping on a c4 vest.
For years they have tried begging, pleading and posting videos on youtube but no one takes any notice, this is all they can do.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The funniest thing about planet earth is that thousands of us search the Internet and b# and moan about the problems on this blue rock, but realistically none of us do anything. Until all of us actually "wake" up and do something. Nothing will change. Talk is cheap.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

The Israelis are showing restraint? Good grief ! That's like saying the Nazi's showed restraint by only killing 6 million.
I was attempting to show that the range of the rockets was minimal compared with the range of the I.O.F. air force.
If you feel that this pathetic attempt by the occupied people of Palestine to inflict hardly any damage onto Israel is bullying then you should buy a new thesaurus.

No, I don't. By your own admission Palestiniants are starting this conflict. You admitted it. You want Israel to take it like a good little boy and not make a fuss. Hmmm, sounds a lot like a bully to me.

If Palestinians had far more powerful weapons would they use them? Yes
Does Israel have more powerful weapons? Yes. Do they use them? No

Sorry, facts are not on your side.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

No, I don't. By your own admission Palestiniants are starting this conflict. You admitted it. You want Israel to take it like a good little boy and not make a fuss. Hmmm, sounds a lot like a bully to me.

If Palestinians had far more powerful weapons would they use them? Yes
Does Israel have more powerful weapons? Yes. Do they use them? No

Sorry, facts are not on your side.

Could you please highlight where I stated that the Palestinians threw the first stone, if I made an admission like that I will apologise for the typo.

And you are telling me that the I.O.F. are not using powerful weapons, i.e. armed drones, heavy artillery and air strikes against the native population as part of their collective punishment?
I cannot accept your excuses, genocide is genocide.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Conditions in Gaza are awful and Israel clearly has its share of blame for what it is like living in Gaza.
But here are few tragically funny parts:
Hamas should be more interested then Israel in improving conditions for the very people it represents, and yet its main goal is declared to be fighting Israel.
People who claim that Israel is commiting genocide in the very thread that states how much Gaza population will GROW in a near decade are blind. Or do not know what genocide is.
Rockets are fired on cities that are in the area of Israel even in 1948 UN partition plan (like Netivot,Ofakim and ctr).

The way i see it, if Israel would lift blockade - Hamas will not concentrate on building normal life but on arming itself better for the future conflict. Actually as it does now,to lesser extent.

And peace process with Palestinian autonomy tanked because the issues of Palestinian refugees from one side and recognistion of Israel as national Jewish home from other side could not be agreed upon.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

The Gazan population is indeed growing as is almost every other nation in the world but it is being slowed down while the Israeli population is growing faster.

The Israelis see it as a war of attrition, genocide doesn't have to be quick or immediate, given enough time, world apathy and lazy journalists, the inhabitants of Gaza, then the West Bank will slowly decline into a rough assemblage of ghettoes. Then without proper medical care and aid they will die off.
If it was Panda Bears people might give a sh1t.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Epic fail for the terrorists apologists.

As if it matters whether the Qasam rockets only have a range of 18 Km, less or more.
Would you like to be on the receiving end?

Anyway, I made it easier for you, since your skills in geography need some refinement.

Open Google earth
measure the distance from Gaza strip to Beer Sheba.
Write it down.

Open Google and write:
"BM-21 Grad rocket Gaza"
What did you get?
Write it down.

Get back to us once you completed your homework.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

You are commenting in a thread that uses the article with following data:

Over the next eight years, the population in the narrow band of land is projected to increase by half a million people to 2.1 million. More than half of Gazans (51 percent) are below the age of 18 currently, making it one of the youngest populations on earth.

What slow genocide? Rapid growth - more like it. As for your graph - it is too small, i have no idea what it says but population growth in West Bank and especially Gaza (top 10 in the wrold) is higher then population growth in Israel.
This is ediconeg.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Hi Grav
I won't do the homework if you don't mind, I accept your word.
There isn't many though are there? Mostly it's short range pops and yes I agree that they can be extremely dangerous and frightening and are sent with the intent to kill.
But why doesn't the Israeli govt. prevent this crap by not allowing settlements that close to Gaza?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

sorry about the graph, it was bigger on Google images. It's all just statistics anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

Are you suggesting that Israel relocate these populated areas because they are under attack, and once Hamas acquires longer range rockets, they should relocate them again?

I'm trying to follow your logic here.

Do you consider 40 km (Gaza to Beer Sheba) to be “near Gaza” ?
Do you know how narrow Israel is?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
there is not going to be any peace, too much hate. revenge attacks will keep going on and on...but one morbid benefit...it keeps arms dealers from all over the world in business and making healthy profits.
why should the west even try and talk to these people, they love their jihad, it takes the populations minds off of what a miserable life they lead
while the rest of the world moves forward, and works to build a better , safer, and more liveable world, the muslim leaders keep their people stuck in the fuedal times of bygone years

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join