'No Easy Day,' Bin Laden Raid Book: Osama Was Unarmed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by penninja

Measurement of the body: Both the corpse and bin Laden were 6 ft 4 in (193 cm); SEALs on the scene did not have a tape measure to measure the corpse, so a SEAL of known height lay down next to the body and the height was approximated by comparison.[68] This later caused Obama to quip, "We donated a $60 million helicopter to this operation. Could we not afford to buy a tape measure?"[100] Facial recognition software: A photograph transmitted by the SEALs to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, for facial recognition analysis yielded a 90 to 95 percent likely match.[101] In-person identification: One or two women from the compound, including one of bin Laden's wives,[102] identified bin Laden's body.[101] A wife of bin Laden called him by name during the raid, inadvertently assisting in his identification by U.S. armed forces on the ground.[103] DNA testing: The Associated Press and The New York Times reported that bin Laden's body could be identified by DNA testing[29][104] using tissue and blood samples taken from his sister who had died of brain cancer.[105] ABC News stated, "Two samples were taken from bin Laden: one of these DNA samples was analyzed, and information was sent electronically back to Washington, D.C., from Bagram. Someone else from Afghanistan is physically bringing back a sample."[101] A military medic took bone marrow and swabs (probably buccal swabs) from the body to use for the DNA testing.[42] According to a senior US Defense Department official: “ DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) analysis conducted separately by Department of Defense and CIA labs has positively identified Osama bin Laden. DNA samples collected from his body were compared to a comprehensive DNA profile derived from bin Laden's large extended family. Based on that analysis, the DNA is unquestionably his. The possibility of a mistaken identity on the basis of this analysis is approximately one in 11.8 quadrillion.[106] ” Inference: Per the same Defense official, from the initial review of the materials removed from the Abbottabad compound the Department "assessed that much of this information, including personal correspondence between Osama bin Laden and others, as well as some of the video footage...would only have been in his possession.

While this might simply be my overactive imagination at work.

Two things stand out from the Wikipedia reference above in regards to the body Identification.

1: 90-95% facial recognition match

2: Dna sample compared to his LARGE EXTENDED FAMILY

The single worst thing that could ever happen to the USA is if this guy managed to pull a rope a dope on us!

He has a large extended family and they had none of his Dna to compare it to, so they would need a relative, in a large extended family could there be a cousin who is 6' 4" and similar in appearance? It's possible, would just a lil plastic surgery in Pakistan do the rest sure.

While I admit it's unlikely it's possible

The other end if there is a dead ringer out there for Bin Laden and he is posed as the real Bin laden at a future date. That's even more possible.

The thought comes to mind because Sadam had a good 20 doubles out there running around when we invaded, that guy had every clown with a gut and a Mexican Mustache dressed as him for the invasion. So not Impossible in theory. Wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to "get caught" and have your wife yell your name and act crazy when shot, he had how many wives after all, could have kept 2 with a dozen doubles and left a kid or two at every location

Now I'm probably giving the guy way more credit than deserved intellectually

But IF it was me, an end goal of mine would be to fake my death make it seem plausible, go underground until the next tile a major terror strike could be successful in the States

and then "Resurrect" ALL HAIL THE MAHDI

That's what i'd do if I wanted to Galvanize 1.5 billion Muslims who would actually believe that crap, i'd Trump Christ in their eyes. lulululululululululu... you'd hear it all the way to Hawaii after that.

Wouldn't pull it past the Iranians to pull out a doppelganger either if they managed to let's say...sink a carrier if we attack

Resurrect a Martyr

Maybe I have a very good imagination or should change careers to cult leader I dunno, but that's what i would do in their shoes.

spoken like somebody who knows not a damn thing about Imam Mahdi......

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Don't believe everything you hear, the Seals team was not killedin a helicopter crash.

Spreading BS like that is one of the reasons sites like this will never be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra
Can you source your claim?
No credible source any where seems to back that up. I know it is a truther meme and I just wonder where it started.

Well...the idea he died in December of 2001 goes back to an obituary published in an Egyptian newspaper called al-Wafd. The translation is purported to be the following:

al-Wafd, Wednesday, December 26, 2001 Vol 15 No 4633
News of Bin Laden's Death and Funeral 10 days ago
Islamabad -
A prominent official in the Afghan Taleban movement announced yesterday the death of Osama bin Laden, the chief of al-Qa'da organization, stating that binLaden suffered serious complications in the lungs and died a natural and quiet death.
The official, who asked to remain anonymous, stated to The Observer of Pakistan that he had himself attended the funeral of bin Laden and saw his face prior to burial in Tora Bora 10 days ago.
He mentioned that 30 of al-Qa'da fighters attended the burial as well as members of his family and some friends from the Taleban. In the farewell ceremony to his final rest guns were fired in the air. The official stated that it is difficult to pinpoint the burial location of bin Laden because according to the Wahhabi tradition no mark is left by the grave. He stressed that it is unlikely that the American forces would ever uncover any traces of bin Laden.

10 days prior to December 26 would be the 16th, which is also the last day that officials reported hearing bin Laden's voice giving orders via short-wave radio from Tora-Bora. They did not hear him after that.

Possibly he died that day and was also buried the same day? Of course, I think there is a date difference between east and west, too, right?

At the time, it was pretty much 'fact' that he had ESRD and was on dialysis...his appearance definitely gave every indication that he was indeed suffering chronic end stage renal disease. Now, of course, the idea that he had ESRD is being re-formed as an 'urban legend,' but I remember distinctly that back then, it was fact.

But no one lives 10 years on dialysis. Maybe 2 at the most but it is a very harrowing 2 years and requires intense medical care. Using bin Laden as the proverbial boogey man/poster child for the enemy in the 'war on terror' would require that his medical history be revised.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
The members of the team predicted that this would be a major part of Obama's re-election campaign.

If this was truly the case, then why don't we hear Obama mentioning it repeatedly in his actual campaigning?
He never mentions it hardly at all.
No one does...this book has gotten the discussion back up but shouldn't we have been a bit more relieved and/or jubilant that our 'enemy' has been eliminated?

I say that in quotes...the enemy is not just one man but this one man was made the scary threat used to sustain our support of war and other violent and aggressive attempts to 'get even.'

When George Bush was about to leave the White House, it was hoped that bin Laden would be found and captured or killed...in order to somewhat rescue Bush's reputation during his stint in the Oval Office.

It was such a huge focus and a central point of justification of the 'war on terror.' Most everyone in the country was crying out for bin Laden's head on a platter.

Now...the specter is dead...whether last year or 11 years ago...the crux of the matter is that there is no more boogey man to go after...the reason for being in Afghanistan is no longer a valid reason.

Yet the war is still going on...and it isn't even up for vote in Congress anymore, it seems:
The Nation article

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I used to post here YEARS ago... I should find the old account. ANYWAY-

What I thought was interesting was not that he was unarmed, the decision to pull the trigger was pretty understandable. (I did read the entire book) they did exchange some gunfire earlier (though not the 40 minute firefight the news claimed), and were making their way to the LAST part of the compound. It was a hostile environment, and they weren't taking chances.

What I DO find interesting, is how long it took to identify him, or rather- that they didn't ID him before they shot. Again, war, hostile environment, tactical/situational awareness - it made sense to do it in the split second that they had. Still interesting.

The author explains also that the "laying down next to Osama to verify height" was really kind of a joke, and took place well after the raid. He said he was ID'ed by 2 people at the compound.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nooneimportant77
He said he was ID'ed by 2 people at the compound.

Ah good then. I was worried there for a second. As long as they find two guys to confirm, its all fine. Specially considering the public didnt get to see the shooting, the body, the burial (which happened to be at sea - muslim tradition (they MUST have laughed when making that one up)).

But yeah. Seems legit.
edit on 8-9-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jstanthrno1
Don't believe everything you hear, the Seals team was not killedin a helicopter crash.

Spreading BS like that is one of the reasons sites like this will never be taken seriously.

This is actually true, at least if you believe the Pentagon to be telling the public the truth for a change:

No member of the Bin Laden raid team was among the dead, said a Pentagon official

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimitiveWorld

Originally posted by nooneimportant77
He said he was ID'ed by 2 people at the compound.

Ah good then. I was worried there for a second. As long as they find two guys to confirm, its all fine. Specially considering the public didnt get to see the shooting, the body, the burial (which happened to be at sea - muslim tradition (they MUST have laughed when making that one up)).

But yeah. Seems legit.

I was kinda just mentioning that to discredit the "we don't know who he is!!! quick get on the ground next to him !!!!" story.

The thing that convinced me they actually DID it was that al qaeda confirmed it...

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join