It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No Easy Day,' Bin Laden Raid Book: Osama Was Unarmed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
By Marcus Baram

NEW YORK -- The much-anticipated firsthand account of the Navy SEALs raid that killed Osama bin Laden reveals the terrorist leader was unarmed and was already dead with a bullet to the brain when the SEALs entered his bedroom in the compound at Abbottabad, Pakistan.

As the SEALS ascended a narrow staircase, the team's point man saw a man poke his head from a doorway, wrote a SEAL using the pseudonym Mark Owen (whose real identity has since been revealed by Fox News) in “No Easy Day,” a copy of which was obtained at a bookstore by The Huffington Post.

No Easy Day

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Now we finally hear from someone who was there,seems that the earliest accounts about the raid were right about OBL being unarmed the rest of the details will always remain a mystery.The members of the team predicted that this would be a major part of Obama's re-election campaign.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Well either they hid him then smoked him. (but if that were true why no body).... or..... he's on some resort prison island for ex political assets. toasting the night away with Gadaffi, Sadam, and friends.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It should be interesting to read his full account of the mission, hopefully it reads well.

Interesting that he skipped the Pentagon vetting process to get his account out so quickly... seems odd for a retired serviceman involved in special ops to skip that step.

The book, "No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden," is set to hit shelves on Sept 11. It is penned under the pseudonym "Mark Owen," according to the publisher, but multiple sources told Fox News his name is in fact Matt Bissonnette, 36, of Wrangell, Alaska. Bissonnette could be exposing himself to legal trouble, as the Pentagon has not vetted the account.

The tell-all book also has apparently upset a large population of former and current SEAL members who worry about releasing information that could compromise future missions. One Navy SEAL told Fox News, "How do we tell our guys to stay quiet when this guy won't?" Other SEALs are expressing anger, with some going so far as to call him a "traitor."

Related article
edit on 29-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
In the real world we won't know if he had a gun or not when he died of kidney failure back in 01-02... ( in that area ) but since a non- fiction book hasn't been written yet...the world may never know if he had a gun tucked away under his hospital mattress.....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Measurement of the body: Both the corpse and bin Laden were 6 ft 4 in (193 cm); SEALs on the scene did not have a tape measure to measure the corpse, so a SEAL of known height lay down next to the body and the height was approximated by comparison.[68] This later caused Obama to quip, "We donated a $60 million helicopter to this operation. Could we not afford to buy a tape measure?"[100] Facial recognition software: A photograph transmitted by the SEALs to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, for facial recognition analysis yielded a 90 to 95 percent likely match.[101] In-person identification: One or two women from the compound, including one of bin Laden's wives,[102] identified bin Laden's body.[101] A wife of bin Laden called him by name during the raid, inadvertently assisting in his identification by U.S. armed forces on the ground.[103] DNA testing: The Associated Press and The New York Times reported that bin Laden's body could be identified by DNA testing[29][104] using tissue and blood samples taken from his sister who had died of brain cancer.[105] ABC News stated, "Two samples were taken from bin Laden: one of these DNA samples was analyzed, and information was sent electronically back to Washington, D.C., from Bagram. Someone else from Afghanistan is physically bringing back a sample."[101] A military medic took bone marrow and swabs (probably buccal swabs) from the body to use for the DNA testing.[42] According to a senior US Defense Department official: “ DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) analysis conducted separately by Department of Defense and CIA labs has positively identified Osama bin Laden. DNA samples collected from his body were compared to a comprehensive DNA profile derived from bin Laden's large extended family. Based on that analysis, the DNA is unquestionably his. The possibility of a mistaken identity on the basis of this analysis is approximately one in 11.8 quadrillion.[106] ” Inference: Per the same Defense official, from the initial review of the materials removed from the Abbottabad compound the Department "assessed that much of this information, including personal correspondence between Osama bin Laden and others, as well as some of the video footage...would only have been in his possession.

While this might simply be my overactive imagination at work.

Two things stand out from the Wikipedia reference above in regards to the body Identification.

1: 90-95% facial recognition match

2: Dna sample compared to his LARGE EXTENDED FAMILY

The single worst thing that could ever happen to the USA is if this guy managed to pull a rope a dope on us!

He has a large extended family and they had none of his Dna to compare it to, so they would need a relative, in a large extended family could there be a cousin who is 6' 4" and similar in appearance? It's possible, would just a lil plastic surgery in Pakistan do the rest sure.

While I admit it's unlikely it's possible

The other end if there is a dead ringer out there for Bin Laden and he is posed as the real Bin laden at a future date. That's even more possible.

The thought comes to mind because Sadam had a good 20 doubles out there running around when we invaded, that guy had every clown with a gut and a Mexican Mustache dressed as him for the invasion. So not Impossible in theory. Wouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to "get caught" and have your wife yell your name and act crazy when shot, he had how many wives after all, could have kept 2 with a dozen doubles and left a kid or two at every location

Now I'm probably giving the guy way more credit than deserved intellectually

But IF it was me, an end goal of mine would be to fake my death make it seem plausible, go underground until the next tile a major terror strike could be successful in the States

and then "Resurrect" ALL HAIL THE MAHDI

That's what i'd do if I wanted to Galvanize 1.5 billion Muslims who would actually believe that crap, i'd Trump Christ in their eyes. lulululululululululu... you'd hear it all the way to Hawaii after that.

Wouldn't pull it past the Iranians to pull out a doppelganger either if they managed to let's say...sink a carrier if we attack

Resurrect a Martyr

Maybe I have a very good imagination or should change careers to cult leader I dunno, but that's what i would do in their shoes.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

I could just see this.... Like some dude in a back office somewhere at RAND....

Okay I got an idea to make millions and try and get the president re-elected. It goes like this. "We found been-laid-en, shot him in self defense but then dumped the body in the ocean". And the pres will announce it and take the credit for it, as it was done successfully on his watch.

Now if you use my idea, you have to pay me 50% of the book sales about the raid okay .... Deal or no deal? DC is like Deal!

Theres' some smart cookies in that place.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
By Marcus Baram

NEW YORK -- The much-anticipated firsthand account of the Navy SEALs raid that killed Osama bin Laden reveals the terrorist leader was unarmed and was already dead with a bullet to the brain when the SEALs entered his bedroom

Are we just going to ignore this part where the author says OBL was already dead?

Who cares if he was unarmed if that was the case.

My question from that, however, was it not reported he was also shot in the chest? Did the Seals put another bullet in him just to make sure? Or am I remembering incorrectly about multiple gunshot wounds? Does this contradict the original story of the Seals taking him down? Or is that just fuzzy too....
edit on 29-8-2012 by CalibratedZeus because: Text format was messed up....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
To be completely honest I would not be surprised if this is what happened, Bin Laden had always said he would never be taken alive. There always talk of him having a body guard who had a pistol with a single bullet for Bin Laden in the event that his capture looked inevitable, I always thought it was a myth, part of the legend of the man. Now I am not so sure, I think it is entirely possible that he shot himself.

It would also make sense for the Americans to claim he was killed by a double tap from a SEAL, when the announcement was made details were still sketchy and it would have been reasonable to have assumed that he was killed by the SEAL’s. Then when they found it that he was actually already dead then it would make them look very stupid to then change their story yet again by admitting Bin Laden killed himself.

That said however, I don’t believe he was the one to fire the shots, Bin Laden was a devout Muslim who believe that by committing suicide they will be condemned to an eternity of hell. I know that reports say that one of Bin Laden’s wife’s was present in the room and as such I think it would be more likely that she took the shot.

Like I say, I would not be surprised if he was not dead when the Seal’s entered the room, however I am going to hold off on saying for definite that “I believe he had a bullet in his head when the seals entered the room” until I read this guy’s book. I would also use caution when reading first-hand accounts they have a tendency to be bias and only accurate from the perspective of the author and lack a over view of the big picture.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

In the real world we won't know if he had a gun or not when he died of kidney failure back in 01-02... ( in that area ) but since a non- fiction book hasn't been written yet...the world may never know if he had a gun tucked away under his hospital mattress.....

Can you source your claim?
No credible source any where seems to back that up. I know it is a truther meme and I just wonder where it started.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It was a real easy kill being he had been dead for almost 12 years,another example of trying to bolster the name of the military,and more lies trust no one

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

The author writes that the man ducked back into his bedroom and the SEALs followed, only to find the man crumpled on the floor in a pool of blood with a hole visible on the right side of his head and two women wailing over his body. Once they wiped the blood off, they were certain it was bin Laden.

Bissonnette says the point man pulled the two women out of the way. He and the other SEALs trained their guns' laser sights on bin Laden's still-twitching body, shooting him several times until he lay motionless. The SEALs later found two weapons stored by the doorway, untouched, the author said.

Source from SMH

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If true (and there is no reason to think that considering the source) it would prove Obama to be a liar and system is for sure corrupt. As well as self serving. Being caught in a lie makes certain people desperate or even revengeful. When the US's enemys do the same they are Droned or kidnapped. All in the name of freedom. Time to wake up the flock.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

But IF it was me, an end goal of mine would be to fake my death make it seem plausible, go underground until the next tile a major terror strike could be successful in the States

and then "Resurrect" ALL HAIL THE MAHDI

That's what i'd do if I wanted to Galvanize 1.5 billion Muslims who would actually believe that crap, i'd Trump Christ in their eyes. lulululululululululu... you'd hear it all the way to Hawaii after that.

Actually, your understanding of Islamic eschatology is a little off.

1.5 billion muslims understand Jesus as the messiah... but NOT as a rival to the Mahdi. In fact, they believe the mahdi fights alongside Jesus. Also, they dont believe that the mahdi is to be resurrected.

The idea that the mahdi fights against Jesus is a lie propagated by christian fundamentalists.

edit on 30-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Amusing to watch the "mommy's basement commandos" work themselves up over Bin Laden being shot dead

In the account states that as SEALS came up the stairs Bin Laden poked head out door to see what was
happening

At this point SEAL shot him Bin Laden was hit and fell back in room

Have to remember context they were in

Middle of night

Dark

Inside hostile terrority and clock running

Did not know if armed and if others were there with him

Inside room was assualt rifle and Makorov pistol - have to assume Bin Laden' wives may have been armed
or were attempting to grab weapons

All this happens in matter of seconds - self preservation is #1 objective

Assume everyone is armed and will resist until determine otherwise

Shoot first - ask questions later.......

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thedman

At this point SEAL shot him Bin Laden was hit and fell back in room

Yup.

I heard of that news when I was in a jacuzzi with a bunch of hot hollywood actresses.
But..... I cant prove it to you by showing pictures, because its too....ummmm.... explicit to be released to the public.

Anyway, trust me.... I'm speaking the truth.... just like the US government did that day.... when OBLs death was announced.

So.....getting back to topic, Im glad that OBL guy was eliminated.

edit on 30-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I thought the whole team died in a helicopter crash last year???

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To be honest the account of the SEAL shooting Osama in the side of his head as he was coming up the stairs and Osama falling back into the room he was peeping out of makes a lot of sense. It has a ring of truth to it. Thats how the SEALs are trained to do things when entering a hostile house. Bet they had no intention of taking him alive, running the risk of a let em loose bruce judge seeing over his trial. Also the reflex shooting on that SEAL point man was pretty good. Glad to know that their training is everything they say it's cracked up to be.

I also see nothing wrong with the way the SEALs did the hit. Except for when SOAR crashed the copter but thats a different story.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

To be honest the account of the SEAL shooting Osama in the side of his head as he was coming up the stairs and Osama falling back into the room he was peeping out of makes a lot of sense. It has a ring of truth to it. Thats how the SEALs are trained to do things when entering a hostile house. Bet they had no intention of taking him alive, running the risk of a let em loose bruce judge seeing over his trial. Also the reflex shooting on that SEAL point man was pretty good. Glad to know that their training is everything they say it's cracked up to be.

One photo of OBLs corpse. Please.
ONE.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

Well either they hid him then smoked him. (but if that were true why no body).... or..... he's on some resort prison island for ex political assets. toasting the night away with Gadaffi, Sadam, and friends.

im so glad im not the only one out there thanking like that.
theres pictures of him with Bush, when he was working for our great government.before they pissed him off,lol
hes on Baby Bushes ranch.
the only other seals that know got blown away in the chopper, wiped clean slate, just like oswall..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join