It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles Explained - Hidden Messages From Aliens & ET's ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Have a look at this video & i find this video representation about crop circle's, somewhat logical & convincing.

Could these 5000 or more such Crop Circle's so far, be hidden messages from the Aliens or extra terrestrial beings to the mankind ?

edit on 29-8-2012 by johnisonline because: Edited The Heading As Requested By Readers

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Can you explain the thread title? I don't quite get it..

Great video though. It does a great job documenting the aspects of crop circles that can't be explained away so easily.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Interesting clip

I find the one that they said seemed to be a direct response to the digital transmission of 74 to be really intriguing.
And I definitely would say that authentic crop circles are messages, I don't think extraterrestrials are using earth as some sort of coloring book for entertainment lol. (of course I've been wrong once or twice in my lifetime)

Edited to add that the thread title also confused me slightly, stating that it was NASA that did the explaining but maybe that wasn't the way you actually intended it?
Still a really good clip - thanks!
edit on 29-8-2012 by Miri08 because: left out the bit about the title

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
You may need to change your heading.

@3.00 NASA continues to deny extraterrestrial contact of any kind.

but i will give you a
I love the Thrive movement.

Love and harmony
whateva

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by johnisonline

Crop Circles Explained By NASA

I see no explanation of Crop Circles by NASA in the video .
The content of the video is also misleading , claiming Crop Circles made by Humans are crude and obvious and showing some obvious fakes whilst ignoring the real evidence .
This is neither crude nor Extraterrestrial , but it does show how it's done ...

Could these 5000 or more such Crop Circle's so far, be hidden messages from the Aliens or extra terrestrial beings to the mankind ?

Or are they an art form created by people , given the available evidence I see no proof they are created by Aliens but much video and documentary evidence they are Human creations .

The Thrive movement looks to me to be another money making organization , interesting that they support CSETI'S CE-5 Initiative , another money making organization .

circlemakers.org

edit on 29-8-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
S&f for video link, fantastic.
Not to sure about your title of thread?
Still though thanks for sharing

Eta: better choice of new heading & still great link

Not sure how they are done, but surly not all are made by some blokes in the dark of night.
edit on 29-8-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2012 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
LOL ... Thanks for your appreciation Guys ...

Yes .. I have edited the heading.I guess this title would be more suitable ?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnisonline
Have a look at this video & i find this video representation about crop circle's, somewhat logical & convincing.

The title of this thread is misleading.
The video has nothing to do with NASA.

The video starts out speaking from a stance of incredulity while showing some rather poor crop art, claiming that we mere humans are incapable of such complexity as displayed in some crop circle art.
That's ridiculous, as well as insulting to the intelligence and ingenuity of humanity.

Why would an alien species travel over vast distances to introduce themselves through crop circle art?
The "reply" crop art doesn't make sense either because the transmission device shown at the bottom is suppose to depict a microwave transmitter? and we've received no microwave transmitter signals? Plus that's how our satellites send and receive messages; through microwave transmission?

Further, the very first crop circles were just that; circles. Big whoop. Gradually, over time, as the game progressed, and methodologies for making crop circles grew more sophisticated with pre-planning more and more complex designs, we got more complex designs.

And why primarily England?
The Ukraine has tons of wheat fields. It was the bread basket of Russia.
The US has vast fields of land dedicated to grain, but, still, crop circles are mostly in the UK.
Sure, other circles have popped up in other places, but, it's primarily a British past-time.

Crop circles are man-made.
They're certainly beautiful, some of them, but, they don't lie outside the ability of people to create.
Scattering a few pounds of scrap iron filings that have been pre-magnetized and ground up for the occasion just adds to the fun and mystery of it.

Just because crop circles may lie outside of your own ability to create, it doesn't mean it's outside the ability of others to create.
Take a break, and look at the works of master artists from any time period. Is the ability to carve and chisel out a life-like figures from living marble, including the individual delicate leaves of a tree beyond your ability and skill? Probably so. Is it beyond human skill? No.

Crop circles are man-made.

Fly tens, to hundreds, or thousands of light years to make crop art?
May as well introduce themselves in person if aliens are involved, though, such is totally doubtful.

Crop Circles are Man-made.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Apparently there have been cases where non-native plants in the field/circle have been left untouched. Seems highly unlikely that people out in the field with boards are capable of leaving the non-native plants in circle untouched.

New Swirled Order

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Magnetic Anomalies, Bent Crops (Not snapped and killed), Microspheres Of Iron, Genetic Mutations.

Men or Women and a Plank - Really? mmmm

If crop circles are all man made how come we never see arrests for the criminal damage to the crops?

Surely the farmers report them to the police as criminal damage ?

I have been searching and can't find any info on this. I'm sure some are made made but some are just way to intricate and huge and indeed compelling.
edit on 29-8-2012 by bsalert because: added txt

edit on 29-8-2012 by bsalert because: (no reason given)

History
The earliest recorded image resembling a crop circle is depicted in a 17th Century English woodcut called the Mowing-Devil. The image depicts the Devil with a scythe mowing (cutting) a circular design in a field of oats. The pamphlet containing the image states that the farmer, disgusted at the wage his mower was demanding for his work, insisted that he would rather have "the devil himself" perform the task. see image below

edit on 29-8-2012 by bsalert because: added txt

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bsalert

Magnetic Anomalies, Bent Crops (Not snapped and killed), Microspheres Of Iron, Genetic Mutations.

I've seen those claims too but am unaware of any scientific verification of them .

Surely the farmers report them to the police as criminal damage ?

Maybe , or maybe they just accept it as good for the local economy , a canny farmer could also see it as a money making opportunity .

Whatever you choose to believe about the crop circle phenomenon, there is no doubt that the circles are responsible for attracting huge amounts of media attention, which consequently results in thousands of visitors coming to Wiltshire every year in order to catch a glimpse of some of the more spectacular ones
www.visitwiltshire.co.uk...

History The earliest recorded image resembling a crop circle is depicted in a 17th Century English woodcut called the Mowing-Devil.

No need , I have the Mowing Devil in my picture album , its from a time when Crop Circles were just circles in the crop not the computer designed spectaculars we see today .
Up until a few years ago I was a believer in Extraterrestrial / inter-dimensional crop circle origin but after looking at the available evidence came to see that modern day Crop Circles are not all that different to street art .

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Crop Circles Explained By NASA

I see no explanation of Crop Circles by NASA in the video .
The content of the video is also misleading , claiming Crop Circles made by Humans are crude and obvious and showing some obvious fakes whilst ignoring the real evidence .
This is neither crude nor Extraterrestrial , but it does show how it's done ...

Or are they an art form created by people , given the available evidence I see no proof they are created by Aliens but much video and documentary evidence they are Human creations .

The Thrive movement looks to me to be another money making organization , interesting that they support CSETI'S CE-5 Initiative , another money making organization .

circlemakers.org

edit on 29-8-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

Ummm yeah, the problem with your video is that it doesn't show how horrible it looks in daylight.
I'm sure this was simply an oversight.

Can crop circles be made by humans??
SURE!!
Can complex crop circles by humans??
Absolutely!!

Would you care to explain to the class how these people who create crop circles get the stalks to just lay over without breaking or killing the plant?

Ohh, and while you're at it could you also please explain their method for getting the radiation levels to spike ONLY in the area of the circles?

OOOO, one more thing.
How do they manage to train all of the dogs that people bring along whilst poking around these newly formed crop circles? You know, train them to avoid the circles, Refusing to go near them, that sort of thing.
Do they break in these people's home in the dead of night before or AFTER making the circles?
How do they train them so quickly?

I obviously don't expect an answer.
My point is to show other people the usual M.O. of people with your mentality regarding this particular phenom.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS point to people doing it.
SHOW VIDEO of people doing it.........at night, and then DON'T show the crap job they did during daylight hours.

But,

NEVER NEVER NEVER acknowledge the radiation spikes or the bent over,unbroken stalks nor thepets that won't go near them.

This is picking and choosing and those of us who are smart enough can see that.
FOCUS on what stregthens your position, IGNORE what weakens your position.
Don't worry, you didn't invent the technique. There are many who've come before you.

Now, you'll undoubtedly fetch me a video of a lady walking with her dog in a crop circle and a man holding a geiger counter which reads normal. To which I will say "fine, THAT ONE is man made". You still didn't answer my question nor did you address my point.

I would like to know HOW they get the radiation levels to spike. How do they get the stalks to lay over without breaking? How do they train the pets to avoid them.

After you answer ALL of those questions then you'll have to answer how they did all of that........OVERNIGHT!!

Then, and ONLY then, will you be taken seriously and afforded any credability whatsoever.

Am I married to the idea of crop circles being ALIEN made???
NO!
But I am also not married to the idea of them being human made as you CLEARLY are.
I have nothing to lose here, you do.

All ask for is that you support your claim with more than a youtube video.
Yeah, turns out it works both ways.
When UFO nuts even dare to use a video from youtube they get hammered and ridiculed.
Yet, it seems to be perfectly fine to use youtube videos as long as you are trying to debunk.

Ohhh, snap,!!

So bring something more to the table than just a youtube video if you are going to attempt to shed some light on this phenomenon.

Thank you in advance.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Ahh Screwed , as confrontational as ever

I obviously don't expect an answer. My point is to show other people the usual M.O. of people with your mentality regarding this particular phenom.

Maybe you speed read my previous post or just ignored it .... or maybe you just don't believe it but here it is again for the hard of understanding .

Post by ME
Up until a few years ago I was a believer in Extraterrestrial / inter-dimensional crop circle origin but after looking at the available evidence came to see that modern day Crop Circles are not all that different to street art .

I don't say they're man made because I want them to be , I say they're man made because they are .
I have seen much evidence to show they are a form of art installation (much like street art) and absolutely non that shows Aliens have anything to do with them .

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have a way to settle the crop circle phenomenon once and for all!

You heard me correctly.

I thought about creating a thread based on this but why not add it here...
Here is how.

Several fields have designs each year or every other year.

Set up a perimeter around one of these famous and often used fields with night vision cameras and laser trip lines overlapping so that no one could enter or leave without being spotted.
Monitor for a few weeks, or a season.
If a circle shows up in the night without tripping any detectors we have at least eliminated physical human involvement.

Now you say who has this money or time...well how about Nation Geographic, Discovery or Sci-fi they are always doing shows about paranormal/ufo stuff these days!

Of course this could blow the careers of crop hunters so it makes you wonder if they would really want this to happen... But if a formation was created without physical involvment it could be a major breakthrough.

Now just because we have eliminated humans creating them physically does not mean they could have been done with some sort of device.

In the past few years I have come to really appreciate the artistic side of the circle makers. The complexity and enormity of them is becoming astounding to the point if it is human made would take a team of artist to do it. These designs take planning and precision (getting the crop to lay in different directions to appear as shading is amazing to me!). This does not mean however they could not have been created by humans.
Anyone who believes humans could not create a crop circle and these are alien or some other phenomenon in origin is as foolish, shortsighted and is as narrow minded as the skeptics.

edit on 29-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Or are they an art form created by people

If that's the case, then they would be comparable to a modern-day Michelangelo or Di Vinci.. why don't they come forward to stake their claim as one of history's most profound artists?

Not to mention the organization skills! This artist is quite prolific! How they manage to complete several brilliant works of art in places great distances apart in the same night without ever being caught in the act!

Give me a break
edit on 29-8-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

nice and fancy designs made in crop fields supposedly made by aliens . to what end ?

if they are messages to the people of earth how come we don't know what they mean .

if they are made by an intellectually advanced alien race how come they can't deliver in a way that we can easily understand .

when we talk to a child we explain to them in a way that they will understand , in other words we keep it simple .

i don't have any answers to these crop designs or if they are made by man or aliens , but i do believe that if there was an important message to be conveyed to the people of earth , then it would be done in such a way that we could easily understand .

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thought this may be of interest in this thread

"It was dated 1678, and titled The Mowing-Devil: Or, Strange News out of Hartford-Shire. Written in the distinct (and very odd, as you’ll see!) style and spelling of the 1700s, it stated:"

Extract, link -mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

why don't they come forward to stake their claim as one of history's most profound artists?

Perhaps because they would risk prosecution for trespass and damage caused .
Why is it Banksy doesn't come forward and claim his glory , certainly a profound artist yet he stays in the shadows , maybe its just the thrill of doing it .

Not to mention the organization skills! This artist is quite prolific! How they manage to complete several brilliant works of art in places great distances apart in the same night without ever being caught in the act!

No of course your right ... its Aliens .

edit on 29-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill

nice and fancy designs made in crop fields supposedly made by aliens . to what end ?

if they are messages to the people of earth how come we don't know what they mean .

if they are made by an intellectually advanced alien race how come they can't deliver in a way that we can easily understand .

when we talk to a child we explain to them in a way that they will understand , in other words we keep it simple .

i don't have any answers to these crop designs or if they are made by man or aliens , but i do believe that if there was an important message to be conveyed to the people of earth , then it would be done in such a way that we could easily understand .

We have no idea how an Alien would try to communicate to us...hence the word Alien...They could communicate with smells somebody farts at first contact and creates an intergallactic war!!!!
edit on 29-8-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The "Mowing Devil" thing was like 350 years ago. Your space aliens have had all that time to develop an effective messaging system and these crop circles are the best they can do?
In 350 years we've developed radio, microwave transmission, laser communication, television, and even the old standby the mega-phone. Human tech trumps alien tech?

As for people claiming radiation spikes, crazy dogs, iron spheres, and other such nonsense; my only question is who is supplying this information? Oh that's right...the nut jobs. You're "evidence" is very very suspect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join