It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do You Allow This To Continue?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

More to add later....

Question is... why? Why let this continue?

edit on 29-8-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

Mod Note:

15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I've been lurking and participating in this site for years.

How long are we going to let this go on?

Are we just waiting for 2012 to play out first?

We are screwed, NOW!. Is that still up for debate?

Watch the video..... are you still numb to it all?

If you are, please allow your comment to be heard and read below, I'd love to retort.

Ron Paul.... OUR Presidential choice over all, denied, in our faces.
what are we going to do about it.. now?

Please, help me understand what is going on.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

My own favorite.

Doesn't Matter what the press says.

Doesn't mater what the politicians or the mobs say.

Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else:

The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

When the mob and the press and the whole WORLD tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole WORLD...

NO, you move.

--- Captain America.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I think a lot of people are frustrated/angry but they do not know how or where to direct their ire...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elton
I think a lot of people are frustrated/angry but they do not know how or where to direct their ire...

Id start with the 70% that are eligible and yet refuse to exercise their right to vote.

Than Id move on to those who only vote based on party lines...

That'd be a good start, than maybe the divisive two party system would lose its power.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Elton

I think you are 100% correct.

What do we do about it now, collectively?

We have been spat on, lied to, treated like nobodies.... how long do we take it?

I'm ready for whatever..... I'm ready to go back to Little House on The Prairie or the old west.

"Your heart is free.... have the courage to follow it."
~Braveheart

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

All that needs to happen is we all need to remember one important fact.

The Government is supposed to serve WE THE PEOPLE.

Not itself.

Theres no grand conspiracy on how to control this nation, its all rather simple.

Make the people feel they do not matter, that their voice does not count.

Which results in escapism into tv and media.

The problem with that method for them is you see their fear of our collective voices.

You see it with every restrictive law that gets passed that tries to limit our voice.

SOPA, ACTA, and any other acronym they try to pass.

They know what we dont, that our voices matters.
edit on 29-8-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Jibby, no discrespect intended but if you are/were ever serious about making things better in the world, you wouldn't be here on ATS banging out this stuff.

4550 posts at (say) 2 minutes per post = approx 151 hours of time here (non lurking) when you could have been protesting or campaigning for whatever cause you think worthy.

That being said, I believe that we have little control over the big picture and the global agenda. All you have control over really is love for self and your perception of reality. Go inward, explore your consciousness and life will change for the better, regardless of what is going on out there in the 'real' world.

Flame On if you so desire.

Peace Out

* Ned

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
what would happen if your whole country didnt vote,non complience is the first dominoe to the demise of the machine!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

Jibby, no discrespect intended but if you are/were ever serious about making things better in the world, you wouldn't be here on ATS banging out this stuff.

4550 posts at (say) 2 minutes per post = approx 151 hours of time here (non lurking) when you could have been protesting or campaigning for whatever cause you think worthy.

I disagree.

I've heard this chastisement bandied around several times. It's used under the assumption that ATS, and its members have no effect, and can't make a difference. This is an untruth!

There are members on this site who have helped me see different perspectives, and introduced me to ideas I hadn't considered before. Some of those perspectives and ideas have become a part of my life. That's making a difference. There are over 200,000 members here. If only 200 of them are able to grasp a concept that heretofore they didn't even know about, that's making a difference. And if they put that concept to work in their own lives, and it spreads to others, that's making a difference.

Saying that participating on this forum means you aren't serious about changing the world is a very narrow perspective of the powerful effect a site like this can have. Especially on those who came here looking for alternative ideas to the mainstream and alternative mainstream media.

Maybe we should quit our jobs, spend less time with our kids, not sleep as much, and go pounding on peoples doors to change the world? Write letters to our congressman and senators? Been there, done that.

I don't disagree that we have to carry what we learn out into the world. But to reduce this site to a mere social networking site is, in my opinion, a very limited, and again, narrow view of what can be seeded and begun right here.
edit on 8/29/2012 by Klassified because: reformat

edit on 8/29/2012 by Klassified because: tweak

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Make the people feel they do not matter, that their voice does not count.
reply to post by benrl

I do not think this a feeling, I think it is a fact. I have voted what I believe for the last 20 years only to have it not matter a whit and not change a thing. If you speak up and are heard, tptb throw all of their might into shutting you up, running a discrediting campaign against you, and destroying your life. I do not believe we have fair and honest elections in this country, I believe they are rigged to come out with a predetermined result. Just my opinion.

top topics

join