It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribute to A gentleman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I ask sincerely that all who read this observe the fact that , this man who drove Taxis for a living on the Gold Coast Australia , was described by all who ever knew him as either" Gentle"..a" Gentleman" or a giving human being..my brother in law knew him and confirmed his" smiling and turn the other cheek nature".

He was a quiet man from all reports but a "giving man".

His death wasn't discovered until by this account ten hours after his death.
http://www.goldcoast.com.au...
He is presumed dead in the early hours of Monday morning....the people he worked for didn't notice , didn't care?

They say he logged off his computer system? or is that convenient, what role does the insurance payout have in this?

This death requires the highest royal commission not only into this mans death but the communication system reliant on a 3G Telstra network that according to my sources regularly fails.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Dr Expired because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2012 by Dr Expired because: spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Never Forget ...silence allows silence.
This man died and wasn't even discovered by his employers..... but a passing bystander.
Despite Taxi driving being one of the most dangerous occupations in Australia.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Please do not star or flag this thread , just reply and give your opinion.....Please?

About the disgrace.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Dr Expired because: clarification

edit on 29-8-2012 by Dr Expired because: further edit

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Employers have a duty of care to all of their staff. There should be a health and safety procedure in place which alerts the radio operators back at base if an on duty driver does not respond to several jobs for no reason. This could very easily be set up in software. I would expect the cab company does not have such a policy, so they are at fault. Having said that, he had a heart attack. If after 2 or 3 missed fares they had done their job properly and noticed his cab was not moving and alerted the authorities as they should have done, it still seems very unlikely that he would have survived. Of course, this is something we will never know.

I think it is a sad indictment on modern society that a dead body should sit in a cab for 10 hours while passers by..... well.... just passed by. Very sad indeed. My heart goes out to his poor family.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
Employers have a duty of care to all of their staff. There should be a health and safety procedure in place which alerts the radio operators back at base if an on duty driver does not respond to several jobs for no reason. This could very easily be set up in software. I would expect the cab company does not have such a policy, so they are at fault. Having said that, he had a heart attack. If after 2 or 3 missed fares they had done their job properly and noticed his cab was not moving and alerted the authorities as they should have done, it still seems very unlikely that he would have survived. Of course, this is something we will never know.

I think it is a sad indictment on modern society that a dead body should sit in a cab for 10 hours while passers by..... well.... just passed by. Very sad indeed. My heart goes out to his poor family.

Lets hope the government in Queensland do not sweep this into the void.
But in this nation, Taxi drivers are paid half the minimum wage, are not paid holiday pay nor sick pay nor super(pension pay) so as a betting man I would say this mans death will be allowed to sink.

But those who knew him will remember him, whilst those who exploitedd him will make up all sorts of stories.

top topics

join