It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America as seen in a different way. Enjoy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I came across this post while actually checking some posts for sourcing on another site. I'm awfully glad I did.

The political climate in the nation today is ugly. It's as ugly as I believe I've ever seen in my lifetime and it's coming to consume the nation I do love with all my being. The United States has a political leadership that is just...over the top. Which party doesn't matter. Which one holds Congress or the White House and in what combination, doesn't matter. We've tried both and we've seen it all now at various points. They all fail and the only change is by what degree that fail comes. R/D are Heads and Tails of the same coin.

HOWEVER....
America is NOT our Politicians. America is NOT Washington and it's sure as heck not the ugliness we're seeing from that direction. America is SO much more and it's a diverse land of breathtaking beauty that I was honored to see for a decade and a half as a long haul truck driver.

What follows, is America. Take a moment, zoom this to full screen and enjoy America the Beautiful as I know it to be.

This is the America I live in. This is the America I am very proud to call my home and my nation.

For those who live here with me...May we never forget this side of our nation. It's what matters. It's all that matters.

For those who have never seen this at all, in person. I hope everyone gets that opportunity when things settle in the world and better times come for such travel and opportunity. It's truly worth experiencing.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Is this your way of quashing legitimate concerns about the US when you can't respond factually to the issues raised?

Admiring the landscape is all well and good but the US is a ship that is slowly sinking and every moment we spend looking at mountains adds to the chance that we may not be around much longer as a nation to enjoy them.

The US total debt stands at something around 56 Trillion dollars, I shouldn't need to tell you that there is not a chance in hell of paying that back.

Foreign policy continues to put the US at risk but we neglect to ask what happens when we can't afford a military anymore?

We are destroying the environment.

We are letting millions of our people live in poverty.

Do I need to go on?

I get what you are trying to say but frankly it is irrelevant and you shouldn't try and detract from important issues.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Sodium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I have had the opportunity in my earlier years to travel constantly, all over the US. You are right, it is beautiful.

I think my favorite place is a toss up between the Grand Canyon and Garden of the Gods.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sodium

I'm sure Wrabbit is well aware of all the problems we have, but the video was a wonderful diversion. Sometimes we need a breath of air, to pause and to ponder about other things so that we do not get ovewhelmed by the chaos and gloom.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
reply to post by Sodium

I'm sure Wrabbit is well aware of all the problems we have, but the video was a wonderful diversion. Sometimes we need a breath of air, to pause and to ponder about other things so that we do not get ovewhelmed by the chaos and gloom.

A breath of fresh air from what? Seems to me that no one is doing anything about the problems are they.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sodium

I get what you are trying to say but frankly it is irrelevant and you shouldn't try and detract from important issues.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Sodium because: (no reason given)

Frankly, far to often I think Americans forget what we are as a country and what we are supposed to stand for.

Our values made us great, Capitalism allowed for those sprawling cities in the video.

The seemingly endless stretches of land allowed for us to grow as a nation and be a super power.

America the beautiful and all that, this land is vast and its abundance is there if only we chose to use it properly.

So often we get caught up in the divide, the you vs me attitude.

Despite all the problems that divide us, some times its good to remember what we have in common.

That we all are Americans, and that we all live in this vast and beautiful country together.

America is not the politicians in Washington, its not its army, its not the FED or the banking system, America is WE THE PEOPLE.

And we all need to remember that from time to time.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I loved that video and no matter what race, creed, political affiliation, etc; we all need to realize we are all Americans and work in unison in this great country of ours we take for granted. God Bless the USA !

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sodium

Originally posted by Night Star
reply to post by Sodium

A breath of fresh air from what? Seems to me that no one is doing anything about the problems are they.

I understand your frustrations however, to give up all hope is to give up completely. There are some people who are fighting to take our country back.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thank you all for the supportive comments and I'm happy others could share and enjoy the video. It's just a shame they didn't have an HD version of it. As it is though, it comes out pretty good on a big screen after using AVS to convert it to DVD.

posted on Mar, 6 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Oh goodness... How very embarrassing. What a video to have a broken link to. Of all things....

There we go...all is right with the world again.

(Hops off with a grumble about housekeeping)

new topics

join