It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Oh don't forget the "They were probably calling her an animal because she works for CNN" excuse.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rudy2shoes
CNN is the corporation that is letting its employees be assaulted at work,
and not pressing charges.
Why has the woman/victim not pressed charges herself yet?

Honest?...

CNN took it up with the RNC folks and they tossed the two idiots. My guess is that they threw a bone to CNN as an apology, a little extra coverage, a heads up on a news bit..a good position for the camera team etc. Thus the reason CNN has chosen not to share details...just my guess.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So, from the thread, these are the excuses,

Didn't happen.

Democrat plant,

They were calling the Media an animal.

and now the best so far,

"Look at these naughty black men over here."

edit on 29-8-2012 by BritofTexas because: Outkast reminded me of the 'animal media'.

Yeah it is kind of like talking to my nephews. The difference being my nephews are still children.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Pr0bably upset R0n Paul fans. What they did is unacceptable, Paul sent 0ut racist br0uchers.

N0t hard t0 believe these pe0ple loved R0n Paul and wanted t0 get kicked 0ut.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Edited post, Thanks.

The well known slur on the media by calling them "Animals" and, of course, the well known act of throwing food at them to mock feeding time at the zoo.

It happens all the time to Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Megyn Kelly, Gretchen Carlson, Bret Baier, Steve Doocy, Chris Wallace, Neil Cavuto, Greta Van Susteren, Jenna Lee..........

We've all seen plenty of footage of them being called 'Animals" and having food thrown at them.

Happens all the time, doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

This may be a stretch but I do not think all of the Republican party is "against" racism, by contrast. You can be a racist and still get in. I know it is not flattering, but I think it is true. Not to say that Democrats don't have faults but racism isn't one of them. This person would not have lasted 5 min in the DNC even slightly demeaning anyone based on skin color or nationality. This story would not have made it to the news. Contrast this with the GOP. This sort of racist flavor and crazy signage is fairly commonplace, almost (sadly) expected. Am I wrong?
edit on 29-8-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

The GOP at large? Not as "racist" as they appear, but still some racist pockets.

They 'appear" more racist because they rely on the rural south for a good portion of thier base and have since the civil rights movement a half century ago. Thus, even those GOP Pols that are not "true" racist, still pander to racists for political purposes and support.

I am not sure if that is any better though...not being genuinely racist, but willing to encourage it for political purposes.

In the end the GOP is a mix of racists and non-racists who pander to them as well as a segment, a minority IMO, of folks willing to place integrity before political gain.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

Could it be this had nothing to do with race or gender and simply because she is a MSM talking head.

She was a camera operator...she isn't a "talking head"...she isn't part of the "liberal media"...she is a camera operator.

Outcast, while I believe this happened as reported, I believe that it is more likely the insult was meant to infer that the sometimes ill behaved media were "animals" not that the camerawoman was an animal because she was black.

In the modern culture of racial hypersensitivity bigots tend to keep their opinions behind closed doors.

Just look at the public reaction so far, I cant imagine any possible situation where somebody would publicly make such an idiotic comment to an employee of the MSM without a tremendous backlash.

Equating uncivilised behaviour to that of a beast is an insult as old as civilisation itself, it doesn't necessarily have to be about race.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Outcast, while I believe this happened as reported, I believe that it is more likely the insult was meant to infer that the sometimes ill behaved media were "animals" not that the camerawoman was an animal because she was black.

That is a hypothesis that affords shelter but strains reality.

It was commented on by several media outlets, that aside from the strategic inclusion of an African-American speaker and a Latino or two...there were hardly a minority to be found at the event. Many news outlets commented on how few minorities could be found amongst attendees.

African Americans make up just 2% of Republicans...and how many do you think attended the convention?
www.gallup.com...

I can't fathom that Race was not a factor while they threw peanuts at, and taunted as a zoo animal, the only African American as far as the eye could see? But her race never occured to them? Why not any of the 1000 other members of the media or a reporter?

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
In the modern culture of racial hypersensitivity bigots tend to keep their opinions behind closed doors.

No...not behind closed doors, but when surrounded by people that they feel share thier way of thinking and opinions. The comfort of a mob.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A white person does not go up to a black person, throw nuts on the floor next to him/her, and say "This is how we feed animals". That immediately invokes a race issue. Any normal, non-racist person would have been cognizant of how that would appear. Only a real troll would have done that.

I've been to some of these conventions, on both sides, and there is too often a racial tension in the air at the GOP ones.

At least the culprit got caught and booted from the convention.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Could have been anyone. It could have been some OWS protester just trying to make the RNC look bad.

I said that already last night and posted examples of Code Pink infiltrating the RNC. They did it two conventions in a row, once in 04 and once in 08. A delegate actually gave them tickets because they were disgruntled over Palin. So Medea protested during Palin's talk. Stuff like that really does happen and the Left really does infiltrate for the purpose of disrupting things. For those here who diss the Tea Party as well, remember the Left infiltrated the Tea Parties too.
However, I'm sure more than one Republican is mad at CNN for their leftist tactics. I well remember this incident

Here's a site that talked about the leftist infiltration of Tea Parties from 2010

newsbusters.org.../lachlan-markay/2010/04/11/lefty-group-tries-infiltrate-tea-parties-offensive-signs-will-msm-ta

So yah it does happen. The Obama people seem to do just about any thing to futher their agenda and get in the face of their opponents.

edit on 29-8-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxykerfluffle

At least the culprit got caught and booted from the convention.

Exactly correct, regardless of intent incidents like this only serve to distract from the real issues at hand.

Political affiliations aside, good job to the RNC for quickly adressing the matter.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

There was no reason to halt proceedings for this storm. It went way west of Tampa and only brought them a little rain. They did shorten the first day because of the weather.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I won't give the RNC kudos. They only did it because people were watching and they didn't want to lose votes.

And even at that, this is nothing more than an allegation of something happening. I want to see the video, or it never happened.

And it's just more intolerant liberals making bs claims.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Mia Love speaks ar RNC...

abcnews.go.com...

Enough of the Left calling Republicans racist.

Rachel Maddow suggests Romney has only appeal for white voters

gulagbound.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well guess we should vote for Ron Paul then.

As the first libertarian president Ron Paul would denounce this kind of racism.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Mia Love speaks ar RNC...

abcnews.go.com...

Enough of the Left calling Republicans racist.

Rachel Maddow suggests Romney has only appeal for white voters

gulagbound.com...

How about enough of Republicans using individual blacks as their tokens???

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Do we know that was *because* the woman is black? Or could it be *because* she is media and/or simply works for CNN (which is NOT Fox)?

I don't know either way, but when i first read it the "dirty racist republican" mode kicked in; then i looked at it from a different perspective, so i am NOT trying to defend the behavior (which is highly inappropriate) or the person.

It could VERY well be that it was said because she is black (and it would NOT surprise me), but to automatically assume it was, well...that's neither fair nor intelligent.

ETA:

I mean, and i am not one to pull the "media creates racism" card, but if this was simply reported as "RNC attendee throws nuts at camerawoman and says 'this is now we feed animals,' " if would be entirely different. One might even insert CNN before camerawoman...

Just saying...

edit on 29-8-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

I agree. It would be equally insulting if you did this to ANYONE.

Just because she's black, it becomes a HUGE BIG DEAL.

I think it's kind of funny.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye
Did any of you stop to consider that maybe it wasn't about 'racism,' but rather (the fact!) that these news people act like animals?

Regardless, it was improper behaviour...but still. Skin color doesn't have the be the cause of every behaviour.

At the very least it shows complete disrespect to another person, and it shows that they are too brain dead to understand how it COULD be viewed.

You can give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that it might not have been racism, but I find that hard to believe. Even if it were not a racist attack, it is still an attack, they were still behaving disgustingly, and they should have recognized how offensive their misbehavior could have been viewed.

Personally, I hope they are named and shamed.

As for the political division, this is pretty inevitable. The things I've heard coming out of the RNC are pretty extreme, and they do expose their religious fundamentalism, their homophobia, their sexism and their general hypocrisy in all matters. I just can't for the life of me understand how any sane person can support such maniac ideals, no matter how liberal they view themselves.

Why anyone would want to associate themselves to such a party is beyond my comprehension.

I can appreciate that they acted quickly to respond to it, and in the correct way too. That still doesn't mean I see the party as any less draconian, dictatorial or dangerous than I did before.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Isn't it a doctrine of the LDS church that people with brown skin are cursed by God and this is their mark. Would an ex-mormon who got their meat as well as their milk care to chime in and clear this up for me? I don't have time to do my own research so if the could reference it to their " Doctrine and Covenants" that would be great. I believe they are the Malahkites?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Why can't it say.......

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

Everything has to be about race.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join