It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
I wonder if CNN planted the person who threw peanuts at their camera woman to obviously make the RNC attendees look racist? Just a thought as anything is possible in politics and since this is a conspiracy website

If the Peanut thrower was a plant then surely the nuts would be thrown at the person in front of the camera not behind the camera.

If CNN was going to stage the event, then wouldn't they want it on film?

The problem is the GOP is split at least three ways.

The rabid right Teabaggers. (This kind of behavior is becoming acceptable to them.)

The Ron Paul supporters. (Call themselves Libertarians, yet still are members of the GOP.)

The Republican establishment. (Trying to bring their candidates appeal back to the centre after an uber right primary.)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

^ same party

^same party

^same party

^same party

Why is it so hard to believe that someone at the GOP convention was an out in the open racist? THEY DO IT ON FILM/RADIO/TV already.

edit on 29-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Why are you trying so hard to deny this

this thought only occurs in people on the right who are trying to deny this happened.

.. the left ....

This is a CONSPIRACY site. We question EVERYTHING. We take nothing at face value. Asking questions does NOT mean someone is denying it happened. Denying something happened would be something like this ... 'IT DID NOT HAPPEN'. (are you capable of seeing the difference??) We ask if it really happened ... we ask why ... we don't assume that it really did just because someone says it 'ALLEGEDLY' happened and we don't assume the reason why. We look at all angles.

I find it funny that some people on the left automatically believe the story because it can make the political right look bad ... but you automatically disbelieve any negative facts against Obama.

Questioning a story that says 'allegedly happened' doesn't make someone deny racism exists. Questioning a story that CNN itself refuses to disclose the facts about doesn't make someone deny the incident. It just makes someone QUESTION IT and to look at all possibilities. Something a CONSPIRACY site is supposed to do.

OY OY OY

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm sure there were many CNN reporters and staff there...why single out a camera operator for their outburst instead of a reporter???

Why do I also have a hard time believing he would pass Rachael Maddow and Ed Shulz just to pass up Anderson Cooper to target a camera woman from the far less left of those two networks and attack her in a rather meaningful way.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The RNC says it happened. They are trying to make themselves look bad?
How is it working?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Just to challenge myself, I googled CNN workers are animals.

Didn't find much in the way of CNN workers being called that because they are liberal or media. If that was the intent of this insult, then this is the first time i can find record of it happening.

The only relevant thing i found is of the first results.

Republican Attendees Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Called Her An 'Animal'

It seems as if this is not "alleged" anymore.

Two attendees at the Republican National Convention were thrown out of the convention center in Tampa on Tuesday after throwing nuts at a black CNN camerawoman and saying, "this is how we feed the animals."

CNN reported that multiple witnesses saw it happen, and police immediately removed the two people from the premises. Former MSNBC and Current host David Shuster, who is attending the convention, tweeted about the incident earlier on Tuesday:

edit on 29-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Endorra

The RNC says it happened. They are trying to make themselves look bad?
How is it working?

From what I've read they said

'“CNN can confirm there was an incident directed at an employee inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum earlier this afternoon. CNN worked with convention officials to address this matter and will have no further comment.”

They haven't said it happened at all. Unless you have some other quote?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

And it's so easy to find other examples of flat out racism coming out of the mouths of Republicans...but somehow they aren't racist.

The audio of the Tea Party lady...wow...that is disgusting. But it demonstrates what Republicans mean when they say the government "steals" money from "working people" (read whites) to give it to "lazy people" (read minorities).

It's such disgusting rhetoric...but people eat it up because they honestly believe it. Even in this thread...we have someone saying that minorities only vote for Democrats because they give them free stuff. Just disgusting ways of thinking.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I questioned it before I posted it...I checked multiple sources...I checked the original tweets it came from...I saw that CNN confirmed an incident happened.

And yet...at that point last night..it was all still "Alleged"...until the RNC confirmed it themself.

Go ahead and look at any of the articles that came out this morning about it...no more "alleged"...it is now being reported as it did in fact happen.

But continue to deny it...or deny it is about race...or do whatever you need to do to stay inside your bubble.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Why this is even being thrown around is beyond me. It's ridiculous. "Did you hear??" "Allegedly there was a bigot at the RNC convention that MAY or may NOT have thrown a racial slur at a CNN camera man." Give me a break. Prove that it happened. Find the names of the people that "allegedly" made the comments and then there is argument. Wait, you can't? What a surprise. Without proof it's NOTHING. After all, neither party ever sinks to lying and making character attacks to further their cause. This is a joke. The fact that people are buying into it is appalling.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

The RNC themselves are admitting that two of their attendees were thrown out for displaying deplorable behavior.

Is that enough for you to admit it happened???

Don't you think that the RNC would be releasing a statement denying this if it didn't happen???

I know it's hard to escape the bubble...but you should try.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The audio of the Tea Party lady...wow...that is disgusting. But it demonstrates what Republicans mean when they say the government "steals" money from "working people" (read whites) to give it to "lazy people" (read minorities).

And the worst part about it is that people actually laugh at it. In a room full of normal people it would have went dead silent...or gasp, boo
edit on 29-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

link   

And yet...at that point last night..it was all still "Alleged"...until the RNC confirmed it themself.

Go ahead and look at any of the articles that came out this morning about it...no more "alleged"...it is now being reported as it did in fact happen.

I can't find confirmation that it did happen. Only that people behaved deplorably and were ejected.

Do you have a link to confirmation it did?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Bubble? I count nothing as proof unless it's 100% provable. No he - said, she - said crap. I don't care what either side says. Until they prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt to me, it makes no difference - it's just a story.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

An attendee at the Republican National Convention in Tampa on Tuesday allegedly threw nuts at a black camerawoman working for CNN and said “This is how we feed animals” before being removed from the convention, a network official confirmed to TPM.

The CNN official declined to confirm specific details of the incident to TPM but generally confirmed an account posted on Twitter by former MSNBC and Current anchor David Shuster: “GOP attendee ejected for throwing nuts at African American CNN camera woman + saying ‘This is how we feed animals.’”

It is not clear whether the alleged culprit was a delegate or attending the convention in some other capacity.

In a written statement, CNN addressed the matter but divulged few details: “CNN can confirm there was an incident directed at an employee inside the Tampa Bay Times Forum earlier this afternoon. CNN worked with convention officials to address this matter and will have no further comment.”

TPM’s calls to RNC and convention officials were not immediately returned.

Not much to add really, I'm sure everyone will agree this is not appropriate behavior for someone attending a national convention.

I hope the RNC addresses the issue and doesn't just ignore it.

ETA: Kudos to the RNC for responding to it quickly:

www.politico.com...

GOP convention spokesman Kyle Downey tells POLITICO, "Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior. Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

edit on 28-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

You mean they didn't beat a poor black man in a wheelchair like at a democratic town hall meeting, or spit in the face of an elderly white republican woman, or yell death threats and other obscene language at them like at other democrat events. You mean all that happened was that he threw a few nuts at the woman and said "this is how we feed the animals ?" That's not news. How about the democrat congress woman who said she wished that Hurricane Isaac would kill of the republicans at the republican convention. Now, that's news.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Why is her color brought into the picture as the reason behind what they said? It could have just as easily been because it was the "media" or maybe she was a pushy camera operator competing for space and a good "shot"...animal is used to describe a lot of human traits...but here in this instance because the "human" just had to happened to be "black" well then that MUST be what they were calling her that for right?

Just to note for all the people ready to jump the gun and miss the point completely....I AM NOT condoning what they said and did....I am questioning the reason the MEDIA says they did it...as we all know they LOVE to play that race card/angle for a potential racially heated story...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

How about the democrat congress woman who said she wished that Hurricane Isaac would kill of the republicans at the republican convention. Now, that's news.

Who was that then?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
Bubble? I count nothing as proof unless it's 100% provable. No he - said, she - said crap. I don't care what either side says. Until they prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt to me, it makes no difference - it's just a story.

And yet...you think Obama wasn't born in America....where is the proof of that???

Shouldn't try to play the "I require proof" game when you have just outed yourself as a Birther in this very thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by newcovenant

This is deplorable behavior and inexcusable and though I am a liberal democrat I am not going to milk it and say "hey look at this example that proves the whole party is racist" nor say this crazy person represents today's Republican party. It is made up of individuals, many are good people. But pondering this, I think we can agree Democrats as a group are against racism. Inclusiveness and "liberal" 'mix it up' views are part of the platform. This may be a stretch but I do not think all of the Republican party is "against" racism, by contrast. You can be a racist and still get in. I know it is not flattering, but I think it is true. Not to say that Democrats don't have faults but racism isn't one of them. This person would not have lasted 5 min in the DNC even slightly demeaning anyone based on skin color or nationality. This story would not have made it to the news. Contrast this with the GOP. This sort of racist flavor and crazy signage is fairly commonplace, almost (sadly) expected. Am I wrong?
edit on 29-8-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

I'm glad that RNC tossed the jerks out. There are racist Democrats as well, though. Defining people by race will still be with us for a while. Democrats have their share of racists and crazy signs as well.

Yes "defining people by race" will be with us for a while and pretty much isolated to this group of patriots. Once you truly accept diversity and love your fellow man regardless of his color or economic condition you graduate to the Democrats. It takes some convincing though. Everybody can't do it. Dems have crazy signs targeting the GOP not minorities. If you can find me one targeting blacks or minorities, I'd like to see it and try and debunk it. Show me the sign from the racist liberal-Dem.
edit on 29-8-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

That's not true.

Jessie Jackson: "Hymietown."
Bill Maher – Rick Perry ‘So Dumb’ Republicans Are ‘Even Considering Voting for a Black Guy’
Liberal protestors call for lynching of justice Thomas
Al Sharpton calls Colin Powell and Condelisa Rice "house negroes."
NCLR's Murguia: blacks, Latinos should "attack those common enemies"

C'mon, for the DNC and the left, EVERYTHING is race.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by Fromabove

How about the democrat congress woman who said she wished that Hurricane Isaac would kill of the republicans at the republican convention. Now, that's news.

Who was that then?

Ellen Barkin it seems, and she is not a congresswoman, but an actress. A washed up one no less.
edit on 29-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join