It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Follow up article at HuffPo
CNN Camerawoman: Peanut-Throwing Incident At Republican Convention A 'Wake-Up Call'

The CNN camerawoman who was pelted with peanuts by attendees at the Republican National Convention said that the incident was disheartening, and that it should serve as a wake-up call to black people.

"I hate that it happened, but I'm not surprised at all," Patricia Carroll said to Journal-isms. "This is Florida, and I'm from the Deep South. You come to places like this, you can count the black people on your hand. They see us doing things they don't think I should do."

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

ok then... maybe it was meant for the specific black lady behind the camera.....

My last post on page 13 is now redundant!!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by morsomnibustyrannus

What rick santorum said is true. The vast majority of people are frightened to death to criticize any other race but its true. and nothing he said was racist. he should never have backtracked.

Uhh, he only mentioned black people, not all people. If he cared about people being on welfare, he wouldn't have mentioned a race.....this makes it racist. There are more white people on welfare than any other race so......

Was he right here too?

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

And now we get to hear people on ATS say she is playing the race card.

I'm not sure why it's hard for Republicans to admit that their party attracts some racist to them...they are the "white" party...it's not a secret...simply statistics proves this.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I'm not sure why it's hard for Republicans to admit that their party attracts some racist to them...they are the "white" party...it's not a secret...simply statistics proves this.

Out of all the times I posted all the racist Republican videos on here, not one of them said that kind of behavior from their party was awful, bad, or anything else negative. What does that say about them?

edit on 30-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

During the 1970s, I certainly was embarrassed by the racism of many family members and friends who were Democrats.

racism....
1. The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races

2. Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief

Then, by 1980, these Democrats became Republicans and voted for Reagan, no longer voting for Democratic candidates.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I am not liking the way this thread is going. This is not a discussion about which party is "more racist". That is discussion that needs to be addressed so the issue can be fixed, sure, but the thread has nothing to do with that.

Both parties need to denounce the racism of their respective members when they see it. The RNC did so, that is good.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The condensed liberal handbook of racial code words.....
www.humanevents.com...

This whole event which was instigated by a couple of rogue wingnuts (plants) has been blown out into the race baiting stratosphere which is dominated by the left (notably the talent on MSNBC). At every turn and with every statement someone aims to attach racial code speak....

This has been going on for 4 years non stop.... How dare anyone criticize this administration which is lead by a bi racial man. A man who chose to ignore an entire side of his lineage throughout his adult life. If you criticize you are a racist....if you criticize his FAILURES you are a racist... They will even break down your statements to invent new racial code words.... There is a reason Obama is NOT campaigning on his failed record!!!! He would rather campaign on further dividing our nation with the help of his surrogates in the MSM...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Obama sucks wheeew! Jello shots and hookers for everyone!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Another racist incident by the RNC delegates in Tampa;

RNC delegate offended by ‘Mexican’ working at Epcot’s ‘America Pavilion’

In a post called “Offended at Epcot” at the couple’s blog “Rock Star GOP,” Irene Harris wrote, “During our time at Epcot we visited the different countries. It was neat seeing each country and the employees were from that individual country. Then we visited America . . . one would think you would find American employees. We were offended to find a person from Mexico working in America.”

The Disney employee working in the pavilion was a Latino-American, i.e. an American of Mexican heritage.

GOP bosses even responded to the embarrassing example of latent racism from these two GOP deleages;

GOP chiefs berate Snyder County Republicans over "Mexican" comments

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Clearly, there are dim bulbs in every batch. Glad they quickly got the berating that they deserved. Would this couple be offended if a Hungarian American (like me) showed up to help them? Stupid is as stupid does....

Can't wait to see what happens next week in Charlotte!!! If the press covers it.... Keep your guard up!!

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I dunno.... you think if it were a white woman behind he camera that he would still have thrown nuts??

edit on 30-8-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

It's possible, the only fact we do know is, that we don't really know the persons true intentions, and we are not inside the persons mind to know. Assumptions can be a dangerous thing, and the mainstream media I know and seen with my own eyes, that they do enjoy pulling the racist card every once in awhile.

And the biggest recent one was the Trevon Martin case.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

What is the racist card? Is that when someone is being racist and other people notice?

Or is it a term people just like to throw around to devalue the seriousness of racism and its role in modern day life?

edit on 31-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What is with our people? Either they're plain flat out ignorant and racist or they are wishy, washy no backbone apologists.

Look at the wedge that has been driven between us? The sane somewhat normal people in the middle ground bare the brunt of two radical sides full of hate. I'm really finished with it, I love my country but so many give us a bad name.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't know if this was meant to be a racist comment, but I can guarantee it will turn into one. One time, after a woman said I was berating her, I told her to go call the ASPCA. That was similar, but it wasn't meant to be racist. I thought it was funny, and I actually meant it as a joke. This, on the other hand, doesn't seem like it could be construed as a joke. But the issue should not be he shouldn't have said it because she was black, but rather he just shouldn't have said it. Saying it the former way just continues to place divisions on color. Every time someone yells racism, it just perpetuates the problem. There are some cases that are racist, and those should be handled accordingly, but unless it is blatantly obvious that it could not have been anything but racist, it should not be said to be racist.

That word should be reserved for extreme cases, because as I said, yelling racism at every corner just divides us more. And he may have meant because she worked for the MSM. I would handily call the majority of people who report for the MSM "animals." And I wouldn't feed them at all, that's how poorly I view them. That is for them all, not just the black or white ones.

This could have been what he meant, although most people wouldn't have said that since it could be construed as racist, but everyone is different. Once it has been determined what was meant, we can offer correct interpretations. But right now, with the little I know of what happened, I would not say it is racist yet. After I look into the story more, perhaps it will be more obvious if this was a racist remark. It just doesn't make sense to me that someone would wait to be so racist until he sees a black CNN reporter. Especially a woman reporter. It just seems odd is all I'm saying on that point.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
On the anniversary of the Martin Luther King Jr. "I have a dream" speech no less. Guess things really haven't changed much in the U.S.

Yes, they have changed. I don't know how old you are, but my guess is that you don't have personal memories of what it was like in the 1960's - or maybe you forgot. Possibly you forgot who's President.

Back in the 1960's, behavior such as this would not have been notable, certainly not newsworthy. I doubt that a White person would have been ejected for being nasty to a Black person. The victim would likely have been afraid to complain about the abuse.

Do you remember Rosa Parks? She was arrested for the crime of riding in the front of the bus. It was a crime because she was Black. Back then, they called Black people "Negroes" if they were being nice. Most of the time they used a different word. But whatever they were called, Black people had to ride in the back of the bus.

Back then they had separate washroom facilities and drinking fountains for Blacks and Whites. Many public places were simply closed to Blacks. They were sent to inferior schools, kept out of decent jobs, restricted as to where they could live, ridiculed in the media (Amos & Andy, Shirley Temple), and generally treated with ridicule, contempt and suspicion.

Nowadays, things are different. They're not perfect. They still suck badly. It will probably take many more years before things get good. But they're way different than they were when Dr. King was active.

And we've got a President who is identified as Black. That alone should count as some indication that things are different.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
On the anniversary of the Martin Luther King Jr. "I have a dream" speech no less. Guess things really haven't changed much in the U.S.

On a side note I must say, what an imbecile.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

That's nonsense, and a cop out for people who like to complain. As long as there is history, there will always be some idiot racist. You would be naive to think otherwise.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join