It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
After reading the OP of this thread, and then the rest of the thread (took a while), I'd just like to note how easily the media can inflame people's opinions, beliefs and feelings, with just words alone, if they are included or arranged correctly.

Let's look at that headline, the OP's thread tittle:

"RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’"

Now through the course the the thread, I saw how racism came out very quickly, and the fighting begins:

"Oh yah? Well Dems said: 'blah blah blah'" and "Well GOP said 'blah blah blah'"

Very interesting.....

Now let us look at that headline again, only this time, let us be a LITTLE more objective about it, by removing a single word:

"RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’"

and let us also assume that is ALL the information one was able to get, that the person allegedly had nuts thrown at and called animal was a "CNN Camerawoman"....no race mentioned at all anywhere.

Now what would this thread have been?

Instead of race, it would have been about gender:

"See? GOP are sexist pigs!"

Quickly followed by something the right leaning people would have retorted with.

The result would have been the same: fighting. Possibly not as much as we are observing with the race card in play.

Now let us make the headline COMPLETELY OBJECTIVE:

"RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At CNN Cameraperson, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’"

Wow. Look at that. No race mentioned, no gender mentioned. Kind of neuters the whole thing, huh? Not quite the sensational news that would sell a lot more, and it doesn't ALLUDE to anything either, other than someone threw nuts at a media crew member and called them animals (and btw - I've head the press called "animals" or some form of animals many, many times......"Feed you to the wolves", "They're like a pack of rabid animals", etc.

Most intelligent people here on ATS should see this for what it is: sensational headline designed to provoke.

We see this all the time: left wing media, right wing media, it doesn't mater. The MEDIA does this all the time. It's how they sell stories and how they influence people.

Think about it: how many of you jumped up and were inflamed by this headline? How many of you quickly judged one way or another?

How many of you started attacking each other?

And when you're done thinking about that, think about this next thing: How many of you were so EAGER to jump in and attack each other over this and other posts made (many of which dealing with race, never would have been made if the headline and been a bit more objective I'd like to point out).

ALL of you were just played by the media like a well stringed violin......

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This is disgusting behavior and no way suitable... but I laughed

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

"RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At Black CNN Camerawoman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’"

Now let us look at that headline again, only this time, let us be a LITTLE more objective about it, by removing a single word:

"RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At CNN Camera woman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’"

and let us also assume that is ALL the information one was able to get, that the person allegedly had nuts thrown at and called animal was a "CNN Camerawoman"....no race mentioned at all anywhere.

I didn't need the word "Black" included to know the camera-womans race.

The whole dehumanizing..."you belong in a zoo" line of attack toward some woman quitely doing her job could be nothing less than racist.

It ISNT New or ORIGNAL...It is well known inbred racist humor.

Wow...the desperation..derailment...excuses,,,,

The RNC knew what it was and immediately ushered those idiots out and issued a statement...

ATS Conservatives??? Nope...the RNC are just Liberal Lefties compared to them!

Deny...Deny...Deny...make really desperate excuses...
edit on 29-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you really think about this and leave the emotion and hate out of it the only real conclusion is this person had an agenda and compleated it. The idea of someone doing something like this out of pure racial hatred is obscene, at a convention for all to see is beyond belief.
No matter who did it or why, it is done and mission is compleated. The deep seated hatred to do something like this and then others to imbibe on it for some kind of political gain is beyond comprehension and scares the hell out of me if this is really what this election has come to.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well the discussion in this thread has devolved into three things:

Its racism for you to thinks it racist to call black people animals.

Or

The incident never took place and if it did, it had nothing to do with racism.

Or

This event was orchestrated by Obama.

Real quality stuff here, guys.
edit on 29-8-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This is all the GOP needs..."this is how we feed the animals"

The campaign in disarray , the convention attendees are just going thru the motions, and now all the moderate Republicans are beginning to question the leadership. I can't wait for the debates.

I have green money that says Mitt will chicken out.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by eriktheawful

"RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At CNN Camera woman, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’"

I didn't need the word "Black" included to know the camera-womans race.

The whole dehumanizing..."you belong in a zoo" line of attack toward some woman quitely doing her job could be nothing less than racist.

It ISNT New or ORIGNAL...It is well known inbred racist humor.

Wow...the desperation..derailment...excuses,,,,

The RNC knew what it was and immediately ushered those idiots out and issued a statement...

ATS Conservatives??? Nope...the RNC are just Liberal Lefties compared to them!

Deny...Deny...Deny...make really desperate excuses...
edit on 29-8-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

So you're what? A psychic?

If the headline had not had those 2 words in it, you KNOW that the person had to be a woman, and an African-American?

Based on just what the person who allegedly did and said?

If the word "Animal" had been some other words I can think of, then I would agree with you.

However, there is no way anyone could claim they "knew" without those 2 words inserted.

Instead, you would be assuming, and without even knowing the facts.

I'm not defending the person's actions, nor am I here to defend Republicans. I can't stand either party and consider myself a Moderate. I firmly wish we'd get rid of the 2 party system.

However, you quickly assumed I was trying to defend them (you sure do like to assume a lot), where if you had actually read what I posted, I pointed out that BOTH sides are bad in making allegations of all sorts, and the media is very good an playing on people's feelings and using it in their news reporting.

I can assure you, that if something happens at the Dems convention, the Right Wing media will quickly do the same thing.

And it will be posted on here.

And again, many on here will jump up and be at each others throats. Because many on here that CLAIM that they don't trust the MSM and don't listen to them, are still being played by them, and it shows quite well here on ATS.

Did Romney throw the nuts and call someone an "Animal"? No.
Did Obama tweet that he wishes everyone at the RNC would drown in a hurricane? No.

Instead of looking at real issues of policy or how this country is run by the current president or a presidential canidate, the media has you all yelling at each other about some attendee, who may have been some drunk party goer for all we know, throw nuts at someone.
The media has you all arguing and yelling at each other because of what some dried up actress re-tweeted on Twitter.

The media still controls you all very, very well, even though you are here. Stay tuned to that idiot box, it will give you something else to argue about soon, and will do their best to make sure that it's something that will really inflame enough so they they come out and tell others and make sure you all are way, way too busy arguing over it, so you don't pay attention to the real issues out there.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

How about giving up on this useless concept as Democrat talking points.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

If the word "Animal" had been some other words I can think of, then I would agree with you.

You have a point there. Haven't the Darwinists been insisting all this time we are mere animals? Don't they bash Christians who say we were created by a Divine Being?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

"RNC Attendee Allegedly Threw Nuts At CNN Cameraperson, Said ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’"

I would assume she was black. It is commonplace to call black people monkeys/animals as an insult.

Are people playing oblivious, or are they really are? Political identity over humanity?
edit on 29-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

You have a point there. Haven't the Darwinists been insisting all this time we are mere animals? Don't they bash Christians who say we were created by a Divine Being?

She was clearly referring to our place in the evolutionary process. She was just informing them.

When have black people ever been referred to as animals as a form of insult? The answer: Never.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What that man said is so wrong.

Nobody should throw food at their animals.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I would assume she was black. It is commonplace to call black people monkeys/animals as an insult.

Are people playing oblivious, or are they really are? Political identity over humanity?
edit on 29-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Seriously, google "media are animals" and see how many hits you get. The insistence that the comment was racially motivated is only supported by the rhetoric of people that seem insistent on perpetuating reverse racism themselves.

The comment was rude but pretending that the term "animals" only applies to blacks in a racist connotation is frankly ridiculous.

Said a cop about the couple: "Two animals are off the streets." I think this is an insult to animals.
Couple Allegedly Rape 4-Year-Old & Leave Horrifying Evidence in Walmart

You hear this all the time "You are worst than an animal". Please, do not insult the animals by comparing us to them. Let's get the facts straight.
Don't Insult The Animals

A court in France once had the task of deciding whether or not it was insulting to call someone a gnu. Ilich Ramirez Sanchez (aka Carlos), an international terrorist held in a Paris prison, complained to the court that he had been punished for using the term in addressing a warder. The gnu (the South African wildebeest) is a splendidly powerful member of the antelope family with no offensive habits. The court ruled nevertheless that Sanchez's expression was a term of abuse.

The gnu, which appears to be the real victim of injustice in the story, is only one of many animals slandered in this way by humans. Spiteful, back-biting women are 'catty' or 'bitchy'. A person vacuous or easily led is a 'sheep'. Someone who is a bit of an idiot is an 'ass'. People involved in mischievous or illegal activities are 'up to monkey business'.
Animal Insults: An Offence to Our Four-legged Friends

I WAS infuriated after reading your story last week about UDA men blooding fighting dogs by killing little cats.

Is there nothing these paramilitary thugs won't stop at just to get their way?

To call them animals is an insult to our furry friends.
Letters: CALLING THUGS 'ANIMALS' IS AN INSULT TO THE CREATURES; Back off, Best.

etc, etc, etc....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Wow. Look at that. No race mentioned, no gender mentioned. Kind of neuters the whole thing, huh?

Omitting facts would make it more neutral - but it would be omitting facts

Why do those facts bother you? It seems that they bother you - because they were included?

So, how do we explain what they meant by ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’ without those facts (which are accurate and not made up)?

Most intelligent people here on ATS should see this for what it is: sensational headline designed to provoke.

Most intelligent people here at ATS would see this as a legitimate news story and react to what they said and did regardless of how it was intended. There is no call for that kind of behavior - whether it was aimed at a woman, a person of color, a news person or just somebody wearing a T-shirt they didn't care for

None of what we like or don't like about this is going to change the facts

Sometimes facts are inconvenient

So - you're in favor of editing the news to make it more neutral?

:-)
edit on 8/29/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

You have noticed that there is fad on ATS in regards to the mentioning of race.

There were serial killers in my town who were killing black people because they were black. When threads about it popped up, guess what people chastised the topic for?

That's right, even when race is relevant, it is wrong to acknowledge it. Instead we should go "lalalala" and pretend that stuff like this is totally irrelevant to race.

"Only racist perceive racism" worst argument one could make.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Would both sides quit bickering, please??

Here is a quote from Condi Rice's speed at the RNC tonight:

"...And on a personal note– a little girl grows up in Jim Crow Birmingham – the most segregated big city in America - her parents can’t take her to a movie theater or a restaurant – but they make her believe that even though she can’t have a hamburger at the Woolworth’s lunch counter – she can be President of the United States and she becomes the Secretary of State. Yes, America has a way of making the impossible seem inevitable in retrospect. But of course it has never been inevitable – it has taken leadership, courage and an unwavering faith in our values."

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

That's right, even when race is relevant, it is wrong to acknowledge it. Instead we should go "lalalala" and pretend that stuff like this is totally irrelevant to race.

True. How about especially when it's relevant?

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

If we don't police our own parties - we deserve whatever notoriety follows

edit on 8/29/2012 by Spiramirabilis because: changed my mind - let the chips fall where they may

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This person is a bully! To attempt public humiliation and degradation, and by using/throwing objects, and expecting to get away with it, this person has proven pitifully deficient of compassion.

This person truly allowed a little bit of evil to enter this world, if evil is defined, as by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, "a profoundly inhumane action or neglect toward innocent beings who are vulnerable."

This bully outed himself. How many other bullies remain?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

Wow. Look at that. No race mentioned, no gender mentioned. Kind of neuters the whole thing, huh?

Omitting facts would make it more neutral - but it would be omitting facts

Why do those facts bother you? It seems that they bother you - because they were included?

So, how do we explain what they meant by ‘This Is How We Feed Animals’ without those facts (which are accurate and not made up)?

Most intelligent people here at ATS would see this as a legitimate news story and react to what they said and did regardless of how it was intended. There is no call for that kind of behavior - whether it was aimed at a woman, a person of color, a news person or just somebody wearing a T-shirt they didn't care for

None of what we like or don't like about this is going to change the facts

Sometimes facts are inconvenient

So - you're in favor of editing the news to make it more neutral?

They don't bother me (the facts that is).

However, they bother a LOT of you guys.

And that's the point I'm making: A headline designed to spin people up.

Think about it for a moment: some idiot at the RNC, was was just an attendee, did something very wrong and insulting to a woman, who is African-American and a cameraperson for CNN.

That is indeed news.

What kind of news is it? Is it news that will be used by people to cloud/clutter/obscure other discussions? Is it news that is used to try and paint a false picture of a political group or a presidential hopeful? (meaning, since this person was at the RNC and did this, then all Republicans must be that way, this is proof! Which is about as logical as saying that since tomatoes are red, then everything red must be a tomato.)

And you see it being used here at ATS to do EXACTLY that: spin everyone else up even further.

I hope they punish the idiot, ban him from all future RNCs. I really hope the camerawoman wasn't hurt both physically and mentally.

But WHAT does any of that have to do with the presidential election? Answer: Nothing.

Right wing is JUST AS GUILTY: Neil Armstrong dies, Obama gives him a nod, and right wingers come out of the closet to scream that the president is trying to steal Neil's moment.

Again, some liberal actress retweeted a very hateful remark about the RNC and wanting everyone to die, so the right wing jumps on it and says it shows how "hateful" liberals are.

So again my point is not that the news should be "edited". It was edited quite well thank you very much. That's what editors get paid for: to come up with really good headlines that sell news

The news spins it (as with everything), and people here on ATS bring it here, and spin it even further.

And again, that's my point: that even here at ATS, the main stream media says "Frog!" and you all still jump in the air (even though you claim not to).

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

And again, that's my point: that even here at ATS, the main stream media says "Frog!" and you all still jump in the air (even though you claim not to).

You all? Got you goin' too :-)

Just sayin' - no one is above the fray - not even you

I don't disagree with much of what you said. However, news is news - how we choose to react to it is up to us - it doesn't change the facts - assuming there are facts and they're being reported accurately

Leaving out facts isn't really reporting - is it? That's just another kind of spin

The facts of this story are what they are - they were verified by the RNC in their condemnation. It's a real story

When I speak of editing out facts - that's not the same thing as spinning a headline

You do see the difference - right?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join