It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: Taliban Insurgents Behead 17 Afghans As Punishment For Attending Party, Dancing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
* Killings bring back memories of Taliban rule

* Authorities call for investigation

* Taliban deny role in killings

By Ahmad Nadeem

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai accused the Taliban on Monday of beheading 17 villagers, including two women, in volatile Helmand province, in a gruesome attack recalling the dark days of the hardline group's rule before their 2001 overthrow.

The killings, in a district where U.S. Marines have long battled with a resilient Taliban, could be a sign the Islamist group is reasserting itself before the planned pull-out of most NATO combat troops in 2014.

Karzai ordered a full investigation into the "mass killing", which a local official said was punishment meted out to revellers attending a party with music and mixed-sex dancing.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, looks like the Taliban are getting their panties in a bunch over dancing and partying. Guess that mixed sex gatherings don't go too well for them.

I wonder how their supporters are going to spin this, since everyone knows only US Forces kill civilians.

Just goes to show that the Taliban are still marching into the 4th Century.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

The killings, in a district where U.S. Marines have long battled with a resilient Taliban, could be a sign the Islamist group is reasserting itself before the planned pull-out of most NATO combat troops in 2014.
So basically, then 10 year , trillion dollar war, was for nothing.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Your news link says that the Taliban denied they had a role in the killings.
Why would they execute 17 people and then deny it? Makes no sense.
I mean, aren't the Taliban these audacious killers, who execute anyone they have a problem with? So then why are they denying it?

Secondly, it seems to be the Afghan President Hamid Karzai who is accusing the Taliban of killing them. The killings could have been the result of a tribal feud or something else.

But, I guess the official story will be that "17 beheaded. Taliban to blame".

edit on 29-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

So basically, then 10 year , trillion dollar war, was for nothing.

That seems to be the case.
The taliban can apparently move around freely and execute people. They don't seem to be too bothered by the presence of US forces.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The Taliban are a brainwashed group of extremists who find easily led believers who are still tribal and will follow them to commit atrocities in the name of an extreme interpretation of their religion.

At some point coalition forces have to pull out, after ensuring the local forces are capable of defending their own cities and lands. Sans the odd lunatic that about faces and shoots coalition forces and runs around throwing grenades here and there.. most of them I think want that autonomy.

The ideology that attracts people to submit to the Taliban cant be fought with weapons.. They have to win that one on their own.

my opinion anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Is it not strange how the USA and Australian Armys cannot vouch correctly for these terrorists yet the western nations are compelled byen fold to allow such people into th ecommunities of the west.

Oh are they suddenly more security switched on?
Or just told to stay silent?
I once believed in the men that gave their lives by the million for Britain.
But now I know they ere just acting, how else do you explain the betrayal?

No one can explain the sell out.

NO ONE BRITISH.

top topics

join