It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon discovered in Venezuela

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicker

The other one is in introduction, so i don't think any self destruction will happen

I like it's called a Poodle moth, that was the first thing it reminded me of

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicker
reply to post by DerekJR321

Not contributing but more along the lines of trying to make sure the OP knew this was already posted on ATS, and maybe with a little bit of sarcasm.

I also did not realize the other post was in Introduction, otherwise i wouldn't have thought it was more deserving of attention than the one with Pokemon in the title.

Plus no one in here knew it was actually called a Poodle Moth, so screw you pal, I am contributing.

edit on 8/28/12 by Vicker because: (no reason given)

"Poodle moth" is a scientific term? Source please.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

Are you serious? We can all just call it a pokemon then guys, sorry i came in here.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicker

Are you serious? We can all just call it a pokemon then guys, sorry i came in here.

We all know it is a Pokemon. To say otherwise would mean you are a dis info agent.
edit on 28-8-2012 by ExNihilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I knew Charazard was to good to be true. Thats still a pretty cool little creature though, thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Maybe not scientific, it was just discovered after all, but Google shows 67,000 hits with that name. It will probably be the one that sticks.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
That's a baby mothman if I've ever seen one

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Venezuelan Poodle Moth

The image that has been buzzing around the Internet in the past week--and has been greeted with a measure of skepticism--is very much authentic and comes to you via a zoologist from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.

www.grindtv.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I still want to throw a pokeball it it.
Just saying.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What an incredible looking creature! I find the location of its discovery quite suprising also. Of course Venezuela has some of the most diverse fauna and flora in the known world, but the discovery of such a hairy critter, in such a typically warm and humid climate is fascinating. One must assume that the hairs on this moth do not result in any overheating, but I must say that I am curious as to what purpose they serve.

The flight of moths and butterflies, like any other airborne species, is reliant on the ability of the wings and the body to which they are attatched, to keep the creature aloft. This is usually achieved by ensuring that the creature is not overladen, and has a relatively stable shape in flight. The hairs on this moth however, would seem to add needless weight, and would disturb the smooth flow of air over and around the body, causing drag. If they do not cause increased air resistance, and are not also responsible for the creature being heavier than it needs to be, then I would be very interested to hear how that is achieved, because cute as this little chap is, he does look rather impractical!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
According to the story of Pokemon, wasn't Mew discovered in Venezuela? Or was it Argentina?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Oh boy, that's a rare sight. Now I got to go find a pokeball so I can try to catch this thing!

Nice find OP, this is rather interesting. When somebody mentioned this must be from japan, I believe he said that because of the after effects from the radiations from Fukushima.

See this thread for more information;

Fukushima's Genetic Legacy: Japan's butterflies abnormal or dying

Nice find OP, what a wonderful thing to wake up to . Thanks!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExNihilo

Like it says in the article, it does look like some sort of Pokemon.

That thing is awesome. I like the other commenter "poodle with wings". haha

I took a picture of a yellow moth in my friends hand while we were camping last summer. I think it looks like Pikachu too.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicker

passive aggressive much?

o.p. weird little critter,thanks for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I love Moths, hence the avatar.

This is a truly awesome specimen, thanks for posting it.

~Rev

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks it's creepy? I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it.. insects are creepy enough, adding hair only takes it to the next level.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

With all the bizarre centipedes, spiders, ticks and offensive looking beetles I've seen I think I could cuddle right up to this moth.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Thats what i thought toooo!!! Mothera is my favorite and then King Gederon!! LOVE me some Godzilla!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
Call Godzilla... tell him Mothra is back...

Good find OP.

~Namaste

Crap!! Beat me to it.
On topic, that's a beautiful creature. I'd love to spend a year in the jungle just finding new bugs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join