It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GreenPapers-- Final Delegate Tallies:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here it is in black and green:

Mitt Romney: 2061
Ron Paul: 185
Rick Santorum: 9
Michelle Bachmann: 1
Jon Huntsman: 1
Buddy Roemer: 1
Paul Ryan: 5
Undecided: 1
Uncommitted: 1
Abstentions: 13
Not Announced: 8

Total Votes: 2286

Total Rebel Votes: 23....Were they for Ron Paul? It really doesn't matter, my predictions have remained true about the delegates. Not enough people rebelled to even make a splash. If I recall 8 people abstained last GOP convention. So you gained five more rebels. Not enough to steal the nomination by a long shot!

www.thegreenpapers.com...

edit on 28-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wow, Romney got the nomination? Didn't see that one coming...

/sarcasm.

This should be more of a "what a shame, we failed to nominate a decent candidate," as opposed to a, "ROFL IN UR FACE RON PAUL SOUPORTERZZZZZZZ!!!!"

In the end, we both lose. Those who think Romney is a decent candidate are delusional.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Is anyone really surprised that there are 2061 idiots there? I'm not.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You are definitely in the running for the most annoying ATS poster. Keep up the good work and that trophy might just be awarded to you.
Gloat much???

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
double post
edit on 28-8-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

The one thing that it should tell you is that instead of voting their consense, they fell in line with the RNC. At least RP supporters stood up for what they believe in. Can't really say that with Santorum, Gingrich, or Herman Cain supporters that gave their vote to Romney. Now imagine if those people would have stood by their principles. There really would have been a convention instead of a pep rally to try and get people excited for a candidate that couldn't even beat McCain 4 years ago... but yeah congrats

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You lost the delegate strategy lost! Ron Paul supporters told me it was impossible but it happened. After all the wasted bandwidth talking about the strategy it's ironic that you push it off to the side so quickly. You just call all the Romney supporters idiots because they don't agree with you. How original!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Dear jjf3rd77,

I must confess, I don't understand you. You're right, of course, that Paul was trounced in the final count, but what is your goal here? You can certainly claim victory with the failure of Ron Paul, but a victory over unseen Ron Paul supporters? What is it worth? What good does it do to you or for your ability to communicate with fellow members?

I would be interested in seeing a thread looking at the reasons Paul supporters were so hopeful for so long, or why they thought the strategy would work. That would be an informative thread and discussion. You're quite correct, it's over. What can we learn from it?

I know you've taken a lot of beatings here, but try to set it aside. Revenge doesn't mean much on the internet.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I gave you a star for your reply because frankly its the first one that isn't attacking me for posting the delegate count.

maybe I am boasting, but I'm just posting it to let all people see what the delegate count truly was. There was sooo much disinformation on this site that I learned the whole delegate process and studied everything, I can be a lawyer for these guys in my sleep. All the Paul supporters yelled and screamed at me I was supporting the establishment, I was wrong, I was a paid shill. I kept my cool until this moment. I thank Ron Paul supporters for teaching me a process I knew nothing about. When I took off my blinders and actually studied the election process I knew I would be right and there it is in black and green. I knew that Paul had no chance to do what he and Santorum and Gingrich were all claiming they could do with delegates.... It was a last ditch effort talking point.

All the time I wasted fighting paul supporters who didn't know anything about the delegates process and I turned out to be right. I think I even predicted at one point that he would get only 200 delegates. Then the Paul supporters went off into their "delegates are not bound theories..." Which I proved wrong once again with the help from the green papers.

The post right below this one illustrates my point precisely!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
You think those numbers are accurate ?
You have no idea how wrong they are
but they make you think by saying they are the "official" numbers
and that "officialy" Romney is the big winner with the most delegates

only a couple of people support him . they probably part of the same big secret society familly
and the other half are paid big $ to be there

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

I thank Ron Paul supporters for teaching me a process I knew nothing about.

That thought alone with few other words, perhaps acknowledging their persistence while fighting an uphill struggle, would have left you standing tall among giants. You have the facts before you now so continue forth with your wisdom and find your place in the world.

edit on 29-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yea- Paul lost.

Its kind of hard to win though when your opponent knocks your game piece off the board.

Part of me is glad this all happened. I know how dellusional I was thinking that the republicans were any better than the democrats when it came to integrity.

Boy was I mistaken, and that knowledge alone gives me great power for future decisions. I now know how low they are willing to go to get what they want. Real republicans of the past would never act the way the republicans of today have. They showed their ass in broad daylight.

If they think for a second this isnt going to hurt them in the future, they are sadly mistaken. Their actions this entire election season cursed them for the future, they are doomed. Just as doomed as the democratic party.

Make way for an independant form of government, for they are the only ones who havent turned this nation upside down twice over.

People are generally not that stupid - and dont forget when you hit them in the head with a hammer.

Romney won the nomination- but did he really win anything politically valuable? I say not. Hes doomed; cursed.

Paul lost- and I really dont feel too upset over it, because I already seen the corruption comming. As a Paul supporter- I still have my dignity intact. I still support him and will continue to do so because I believe he is one of the very few politicians who still has their dignity intact as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I've been saying this all along, but I'll say it again. People are "team oriented", they could care less what happens to their country as long as their "team" wins. This is how the duopoly works and how it gets its power.

It didn't take a genius to see what was happening, that they chose Mitt Romney and the voice of a few would reign over the voice of the country in a flurry of media bias, bureaucracy and cashed checks. There was only one thing that could get a Ron Paul victory, that thing was the unanimous support of America; there's hardly any great "prediction" here. Ron Paul didn't get that support because unfortunately... a lot of people didn't know, a lot didn't care, some were confused, some were naive, some were greedy and some were just plain stupid.

I stand proud because I know I wasn't any of those people. I supported Ron Paul and at the end of the day after you've had all your laughs... you still supported tyranny, sending Americans to war and banking cartels. Personally, things like that don't make me proud, but to each his own I guess.
edit on 29-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ron Paul did not lose! We still don't have confirmation from the real delegate count:
thereal2012delegatecount.com...

You know? That website that Mr Ben Swann and other Paul supporters were insisting was the most honest and impartial website on the delegate count?

Maybe they are just alittle slower at updating? hmm.. Thus far it's still 0 bound delegates.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

For a moment I thought you were actually supporting the cause, then I read the rest of your post

Yea it was all fake propaganda by the Ron Paul losers. Now, Losers here could be a negative insult, but its not an insult when its true. You lost! That website was a fake from the beginning and no it won't be updated again, because they still believe that no delegates are bound even though the process is already complete and Mitt Romney IS the official nominee. No amount of word twisting is going to make that any different either.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I've been saying this all along, but I'll say it again. People are "team oriented", they could care less what happens to their country as long as their "team" wins. This is how the duopoly works and how it gets its power.

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Paul on the same Republican team? Paul is part of the duopoly system. So Republicans would still "win" if Paul won. Not sure you thought this out. Don't get me wrong, you're very right, it just doesn't work in this case.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Paul on the same Republican team? Paul is part of the duopoly system. So Republicans would still "win" if Paul won. Not sure you thought this out. Don't get me wrong, you're very right, it just doesn't work in this case.
That's an interesting point you bring up, thanks. But I'm curious, what does being on the same Republican team mean to you? I suppose it could be argued that if he was really on the team, he would endorse Romney who, fairly or not, has the nomination. Perhaps Paul could bring his supporters with him, pretty much assuring a Republican win (assuming there are enough supporters).

Does caucusing with the Republicans mean you're on the Republican team? Or is he on his own team? I'm not accusing him of anything, I'm just wondering about what you meant by your post.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

He did not choose to run 3rd party, he chose to run Republican. Had he won the nomination ... a Republican would have won. Based on the post I replied two there are only two teams, Republican and Democrat.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

To answer your question, most Republicans and Conservatives do not consider Ron Paul or his followers "real Republicans." Especially after their crazy tactics to try and take over the party. No wonder they were "humiliated" but I say that lightly because I don't think the dems would allow them to get much farther. They only humiliated themselves and they only have themselves to blame!

top topics

join