It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann: Obama's Wealth 'Really The Issue' In 2012 Election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

"He said, go home and call 211." OMG ... she had no house!! Incredible
... he doesn't comprehend the phrase "I lost everything" ... ok, I thought the crack about the 7-11 cookies was bad, but I have to put this at the top of my Mitt's List of Incredibly Out of Touch Quotes. ...Mitt will NEVER comprehend the phrase, "I lost everything",

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Obama made his millions writing 2 non-fiction biographies.

Only problem is that he didn't actually write them, and they were far from being true.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

It wasn't that long ago that he refered to himself as part of the middle class.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Obama made his millions writing 2 non-fiction biographies.

Only problem is that he didn't actually write them, and they were far from being true.

Dreams From My Father - - is about the dreams he had if had actually been with his father. Of course they're not factual - - that's why its entitled DREAMS.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
Yes, because their voting base equals black people. And as every red-blooded white American knows, all blacks are on food stamps.

Obama wants to offer free stuff and those who have not succeed an inch foward in life after highschool are all for that....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
OOPS!

My fault eronious post.

edit on 3/9/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Obviously he won't be making the comparison now. I personally think the point she was trying to make is - you become a millionaire and reach a certain millionaire level - including Romney of course - and you are now out of touch - and I would have to agree.

I have a very close friend who is conservatively worth 10 million in cash, stocks and annuities. Lives in Ibis in West Palm Florida. Now let me tell you that as much as he would like to think things are just the same between him and I have told him things are not the same. He doesn't realize how he and his wife have change - no more coming over to our home for the holidays - to far of a drive for them - nor are we invited to their home for any holiday - wives no longer get to together - I have to call him for personal and business issues to discuss, he will not call me for any reason - and many more issues have come up that are unspoken.

Another thing I have learned about people who are wealthy - they want to be left alone in their gated community and hanging around them just makes you feel even more poor. It is sad but that is the truth, this my experience with him.

I have told him to his face after golf at the bar the following "you are a middle class millionaire" BUT "If you loose half your wealth your life style will not change and you will continue on as if nothing has happened - If I loose half my wealth I go on the Obama food stamp program" - I'm not kidding. So our friendship has run very thin and we both know it - my point is - the money affected our relationship but he refuses to admit it any way, so he sends the message another way.

So you don't have to have 10's of millions to not be able to relate to the middle class - but I am here to tell there is a cut off point when they are not aware of the real world affecting the rest of us - and most of them don't even care they are not aware - nor will they try get in tune with us - it is all a game just like my friend in the end.

And here the best part of all - he and his wife both collect Social Security and Medicare LOL - how do you like that?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Exactly.

And we know that he wasn't even comprehending it in that moment...because he told her to "go home and call 211."

Mitt! She just said she LOST her home! How can she go there to call anyone if it is now underwater?!?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
reply to post by desert

Exactly.

And we know that he wasn't even comprehending it in that moment...because he told her to "go home and call 211."

Mitt! She just said she LOST her home! How can she go there to call anyone if it is now underwater?!?

Clearly he meant her summer home, or perhaps or autumn home where she keeps her dancing horses. She could drive one of her several Cadillacs there.

Wait, every American has those things, right?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Celebrity Net Worth.

Michele Bachmann Net Worth

How much does Michele Bachmann make?

$3 Million

That means Bachmann is out of touch too. I think we knew that.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by nightstalker46

I apose anything that supports slavery and anyone that trys to justify it. BTW in comparison have the rates changed for white familys as well? It would be interesting to see those figures to put things in context.
edit on 1-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

Who is supporting slavery and who is trying to justify it????????
Can you read? The article stated that illegitimacy rates for whites was 23% but 70% + for blacks, " three times more than when the war on poverty began" which is a damning indictment of the liberal social policies of the left which have created a dependency society.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by desert
reply to post by queenannie38

"He said, go home and call 211." OMG ... she had no house!! Incredible
... he doesn't comprehend the phrase "I lost everything" ... ok, I thought the crack about the 7-11 cookies was bad, but I have to put this at the top of my Mitt's List of Incredibly Out of Touch Quotes. ...Mitt will NEVER comprehend the phrase, "I lost everything",

So you have to be megarich to not comprehend that? I think the majority of US citizens can't comprehend that. I could try, but I know I can't. Very few people experience that, only those who do will understand. There ARE rich people who have lost everything and worked their way back up. They would understand better than your average middle class person. Your post is meaningless.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

My comment was not elegantly stated. I did not mean "comprehend" as in having gone through the experience of losing everything, but in understanding that, especially after a storm, there's no house to return to. You can't go home and call.

Or young family members who lost their jobs/businesses after the start of the Great Recession, who, in the economic storm, did lose all their income, their housing, car, insurance, and had to move in with parents. Thankfully, because the economy did not get worse, they've been able to build back up and move out.

One should not have to go through "losing everything" to understand what it means.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join