It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann: Obama's Wealth 'Really The Issue' In 2012 Election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Michele Bachmann said President Barack Obama can't relate to "the common man" because of his extreme wealth, failing to note that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney is worth hundreds of millions more.

"President Obama is extremely wealthy," Bachmann said when USA Today asked how someone with "vast wealth" could connect to the American public. "He and his wife have been wealthy for a number of years, and so I think that's really the issue. President Obama is wealthy -- what does he understand about the common man right now?"

I...just...don't know what to say.

Exactly how stupid does she think Americans are??? It's very hard to counter things like this with a logical argument because it is just so illogical all you can really say is "HUH?"

This isn't even a left/right issue...this is a stupid/intelligent issue. If Obama was going to be running against a middle class hero who hasn't been rich their ENTIRE LIFE and isn't worth 20 times more than Obama...I could understand her statement....but seriously....WTF???

Does she really think she can just take the attacks against Romney, flip the name, and present that as her stance???

I'm seriously at a loss...I can't even think straight in the face of this fantastic stupidity.
edit on 28-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well how wealthy is Obama?

btw, got a link to the story....just in case.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The funny thing is that the media latches on to her to get some instant fodder....she has no influence over the republican party anymore than Palin...they are simply a blip on a timeline like Pelosi and her band of looney misfits...
edit on 28-8-2012 by chrismarco because: why does my post look so strange?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
All I have to say, 'Welcome to American Politics'.......I rarely listen to either side and say, 'wow, that is a really logical and well thought out point.'......These guys have boiled down to just shear flame tactics, saying anything they think will grab the emotional strings and get the lesser intelligent voters to follow without question.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Well how wealthy is Obama?

btw, got a link to the story....just in case.

Thought I put it in there...my fault...it's there now.

Anyway...like I said...Obama is wealthy, not as wealthy as Romney though. So this is a stupid comment to make since Romney is way more wealthy than Obama is and he has been rich his entire life.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Here's what you say:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Michele at least gives the GOP a little character. Otherwise they're pretty boring. Truth be told I really miss Sarah.
I'm tempted to pull out that youtube of her speaking while the guy was plucking turkeys in the background. Classic stuff.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Can't wait for people demanding Obama to release his documents.

Oh wait.

Sorry hard to resist

Seems to me its nothing more than getting the heat off Romney and shifting it to Obama.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
From the article:

the Obamas hold assets worth between nearly $2.6 million and nearly $8.3 million. Romney's net worth is up to $255 million, according to financial disclosure reports.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Bachmann brings Duh to a whole new level.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

Seems to me its nothing more than getting the heat off Romney and shifting it to Obama.

It reminds me of something I heard on the radio the other day.

I can't remember exact names - - but they were talking about the advice of some Republican from a few years ago.

His advice - if you don't have an answer: "Tell and outright lie - - like you believe it".

Of course the diehards are gonna believe it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Seems she thinks Americans are about as stupid as the people behind the Obama = working class hero think Americans are stupid.

What sort of nonsense is arguing over which multi millionaire is millionairer?

Both candidates are oblivious and completely out of touch as are 99% of all suits in politics.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Michele Bachmann said President Barack Obama can't relate to "the common man" because of his extreme wealth, failing to note that GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney is worth hundreds of millions more.

"President Obama is extremely wealthy," Bachmann said when USA Today asked how someone with "vast wealth" could connect to the American public. "He and his wife have been wealthy for a number of years, and so I think that's really the issue. President Obama is wealthy -- what does he understand about the common man right now?"

I...just...don't know what to say.

Exactly how stupid does she think Americans are??? It's very hard to counter things like this with a logical argument because it is just so illogical all you can really say is "HUH?"

This isn't even a left/right issue...this is a stupid/intelligent issue. If Obama was going to be running against a middle class hero who hasn't been rich their ENTIRE LIFE and isn't worth 20 times more than Obama...I could understand her statement....but seriously....WTF???

Does she really think she can just take the attacks against Romney, flip the name, and present that as her stance???

I'm seriously at a loss...I can't even think straight in the face of this fantastic stupidity.
edit on 28-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

It's a matter of degree. There's no debating that the Obama's meet their own definition of rich and 1%ers.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

She's a babe, if you ask me

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by buster2010

She's a babe, if you ask me

Yeah, she's a real looker if you're into the whole shrill leather-faced hag without an ounce of brains thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

She plainly states just how stupid she thinks you are as well as the rest of us.

The saddest part is she and the rest of the political elite are so friggin insulated that they have no idea what is coming and shall be truly surprised when they are dismissed as irrellavent, replaceable and just as disposable as the Chinese made trinkets that have kept so many in the hypnagogic trance.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

First of all I think we have had this discussion before – trying to defend someone’s actions or status by pointing out that there are people who are more rich, more evil, or worse in some way stops working as a defense when kids are around six. They realize actions are stand alone things and the actions of another even if they are worse do not absolve them of thier own actons.

Perhaps, your parents let you get away with the “you think me stealing 4 cookies was bad Mom Tommy stole 10” as a defense for your actions and this lesson is something you never learned? However, here it is for you to absorb.

I know for a fact I have pointed it out to you before so maybe you are incapable of learning it… I don’t know.

Anyway, Barrack Obama is not an everyman – according to this analysis : he has claimed an “income” no more than 358K in any one year since 2004.

Astonishingly his personal net worth has increased from $200,004 to $400,000 in 2004 LINK to somewhere between 2.8 million and 11.8 million dollars in 4 years LINK.

So even if he didn’t spend a dime he’d have made taken -200-400k in assets and roughly 1 million in income and transformed it into a nest egg of nearly 3-12 million dollars. I am no financial wizard but that is a fantastic rate of return on his investments.

Increasing ones net worth by a factor of between 14 and 29 times in 4 years – now that is some shrewd investing there folks. I wonder did he have some insider information or something.

I wish he’d take that approach with our national assets don’t you? I wonder if he could apply this investment savvy to say the Social Security fund or Medicare trusts or hell the investment US assets in general.

I am quite certain we’d all appreciate an increase in our nation’s net worth by a factor of 14-29 times.

Bottom line is that he is not an average guy – he is a 1 Percenter.

However, let me say this – it doesn’t bother me at all. I think its fine... Personally I don’t want a guy who doesn’t manage a sizable income or assets to be POTUS. Likely he’ll have no idea how to manage large budgets.

I don't begrudge him his personal success. I do question the validity of his investments - hardly anyone has returns in that range. However, just to save you the trouble of posting "but so-in-so republicans" have made more and faster - again it doesn't make his actions any less questionable. IMO all the politicians are corrupt - heck it’s not even illegal for them to act on insider trading. Neat to be able to give oneself an exemption from the law...

Michelle wears 600.00 shoes and 10k dresses – I don’t care they have the money for it. Ann Romney has a # load more so she can buy more expensive clothing - who cares.

I used to shop and Wal-Mart for clothes now that I make about 200k wear 50.00 dress shirts instead of no-brand 10.00 ones. I have 800.00+ tailored suits not 300.00 ones from the rack. I can walk in a buy a 1500.00 firearm this month and other than dealing with spousal backlash it's not even a dent in my savings account.

Don’t try and convince me that this man is an average Joe. Neither is Romney – again, I don’t want my POTUS to be a man who struggles with money. I expect him to be a good money manager.

edit on 28/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/8/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Obama wasn't born wealthy. He got through school on student loans and scholarships. He only paid off his student loans 4 years before being elected to the WH. That said, the focus isn't about "who has the most money", it's about who has the policies that help out the middle class and working poor, versus rewarding the wealthiest elites.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You make some good points. My question is where did Obama make his money, considering his questionable work history.

www.americanthinker.com...

My sense is he was groomed and payed-fore by the global elite who he has rewarded with bailouts with the taxpayers.money.

So much for the average hard working persona his handlers would like to make the country believe.

He's a fraud. Always has been. But a good con-man can make some people believe anything.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker46

My sense is he was groomed and payed-fore by the global elite who he has rewarded with bailouts with the taxpayers.money.

Of course Obama was groomed to run for the presidency.

Just like every other up and coming candidate is.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join