It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity Rover Beams New Will.I.Am Song From Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The NASA rover Curiosity beamed to Earth his new song "Reach for the Stars" on Tuesday in the first music broadcast from another planet, to the delight of students who gathered at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to listen.
www.foxnews.com...
I get such a kick out of reading the words..."the first music broadcast from another planet". We live in interesting times.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
They are doing some really weird things with this Rover. I like it though. Do as many things are you can before they actually send men to Mars. This must be so exciting for the people who worked to make this rover happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
From Neil Armstrong to Will I AM?
The apocalypse is certainly near.

What's next...
Playing Lady GaGa on the first probe that lands on Uranus?

I got a feelin.
edit on 28-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Is there any scientific value to this publicity stunt

Curiosity Rover Beams New Will.I.Am Song From Mars

NO

Curiosity is not on Mars to promote a brand but i guess if you throw enough cash their way
NASA will prostitute themselves for it
Quite Sad Really

Cran

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Not costing them anymore money to do this as I'm sure they were broadcasting other information...just a way to get the kids involved or interested in Curiousity...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Exactly, at the very least....

Beam us some real music

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I request they play this next, and that they turn it to 11

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarIce

The powers that be know who listens to Iron Butterfly....and the popup ad on your link was for AARP Medigap coverage.
Maybe the Moodies singing "I know you're out there somewhere" would be better.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
maby the music was a smoke screen for some thing ells hidden maby? distract the masses with the music and the kids while its sending a hidden signal?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I wonder how much his record label paid for that, must of been a big table. If there were aliens on Mars we just ruined out chance of sounding intelligent or worth visiting lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

the video had an ad? Damn sorry, its just that I browse in the year 2012, ads are non-existent for me..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Should play Foo Fighters.....lol

Seems fitting if you know what the foo fighters stand for.......Or mean for that matter.....lol

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Foo fighters would be fitting

I personally dont think there are any foo fighters on mars, I think their all locked away in bunkers..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Perhaps they should have played "The Knights Of Cydonia" by MUSE!

Seems a little more appropriate

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
From Neil Armstrong to Will I AM?
The apocalypse is certainly near.

What's next...
Playing Lady GaGa on the first probe that lands on Uranus?

I got a feelin.
edit on 28-8-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

Probe....Uranus?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I hope Nasa owns the rights to the song, and it sells at least 2 billion copies..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

I hope Nasa owns the rights to the song, and it sells at least 2 billion copies..

Then they can take the proceeds and finally send another manned fight back to the moon..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Then they can take the proceeds and finally send another manned fight back to the moon..

yea i was kind of joking because then the rover and mission would have almost paid for itself..,.,. but its not nasas money so what do they care..

I dont see the point of going back to the moon.,,.,. i think it would be cooler to attempt to send a voyager like probe with the latest detectors, instruments and cameras, as ( speed wise through space) fast as possible, to the nearest star system,, or system with supposed earth like planet,.,.,.

or go back to mars but bring a bunch of biochemicals, water, viruses, germs, and other building blocks of life to spray all over the surface of mars,,,, and then see if anything cool happens in a few years.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.
What?
Why?

Could the corporatism be toned down just a tad? At least whilst on a different planet? How many other songs could have been appropriate. "Life on Mars"/David Bowie? Blondie? The Purple People Eater just for intergalactic lolz? How about a medley of all Mars related songs humans have ever concocted?

Will I Am... pshhhhh.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.
What?
Why?

Could the corporatism be toned down just a tad? At least whilst on a different planet? How many other songs could have been appropriate. "Life on Mars"/David Bowie? Blondie? The Purple People Eater just for intergalactic lolz? How about a medley of all Mars related songs humans have ever concocted?

Will I Am... pshhhhh.

I truly do enjoy the Black Eye Peas... but of all the music that could have represented humanity in this, Mankind's first broadcast of music from a planet other than Earth....this is our legacy, the legacy we choose to leave for future civilizations?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join