It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my sister possessed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Hi everyone, so here's my story about my little sister . I would like everyone's opinion if they have one .

Last year around April 2011 , my sister was at a party, I talked to her and she said Hey. Everything seems totally fine. Later that night, she was at her friend's house, she was getting a lamp from a shelf and it fell onto her head.
She blacked out for a bit and finally woke up. Apparently it hurts a lot. Her friend told me how she went downstairs around 5 am and started reading loudly from a bible, Quoting this and that . We are a Buddhist by the way, not too religious. She was yelling quotes out so loud that the mother woke up and came down to see what was up.
She said she had to go and called a cab to get to a church in downtown Toronto.

The next day, I woke up to a police phone call, they said my sister is downtown and is lost. I knew something was wrong right away, got into my car and race there. I got to the building, parked my car and headed towards the entrance of the building. My sister came out of the entrance with both her hands in mid air and got down on her knees and bow down multiple times. The looks in her eyes was totally crazy. The police officer was right behind her totally confused. I came to my sister and try to see whats up, she got up and ran away from me as quick as she can as if I was hostile. I chased her and try to calm her down. I said whats wrong. She was totally delusional, was telling me she saw the devil in "M" ( her friend ) 's eyes. she said she saw the devil. Told me not to tell anyone about this.

I told the police to get a ambulance RIGHT NOW, something is wrong with my sister. I told them she is not normal at all. They thought she was just a regular crazy , since Toronto Downtown is full of them. They finally agree to call one for my sister. I was asking my sister what did she do last night, did she take any drugs, drinks from anyone. All she did was smoke pot, and she was a regular pot user for a few years. Never done any other drugs. She was totally lost, frighten, confused, don't know what is happening to her.

They took her the Hospital in North York. She stayed there for 2 weeks in the mental department. When we finally get to have a final meet with the doctor and her before her release. We discussed what could have trigger what was happening to her. It seems like she was going through psychosis. They did a cat scan and didn't see any brain damage/ irregular brain patter from the heavy lamp falling on her head. The doctor was saying to her, he notice she would laugh to herself as if she was listening to someone else when the doctor was trying to talk to her on separate occasions. She denial all this.

She was release, had to take medicine for a few months that will reduce the making of dopamine which can cause psychosis. They never figured what it was, possibly smoking pot that could cause the making of too much dopamine.

Ever since, my sister been distance from the family. She doesn't social as much anymore. Stays in her room a lot. We talk here and there but not too much. She can get very irritated easily especially when loud noises heard in the house. She is 22, still goes to college.

I remember one time I was sitting in the living room, she came down and put a book on the coffee table called "the greatest man ever" which is a book on Jesus. Asked me who's book is this? it's so stupid.
She stop celebrating her Birthday, Christmas, any holidays. Usually every Christmas she is the one to set up the Christmas tree. She totally changed.

I have no idea what's wrong with her..... Up to this day, I still think about the time she said " she saw the devil" ....

Sorry about my bad writing, grammars, etc. I'm just writing this in a hurry. If you have any nice opinion, please share . Thank you

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Sounds to me like your sister is probably just going through a rowdy phase. My own, personal advice would be to sit down and talk with her to try and find out if there might not be any deeper problems, such as alcohol or drug use.

Erratic behavior is usually a normal pubescent or post pubescent phase. If she's older, then maybe something happened in her life that's hurt her ( break up, divorce, loss of job, etc. ).

Rather than assuming she's possessed by demons, maybe you should think more worldly and try to see if there's not more to the story.

My best advice and .02 cents.

Best of luck to you both.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Probably just a difficult stage in her life and a late rebellion of sorts.

However, I have a friend who became very withdrawn and started acting strange around that age, and it was misdiagnosed for a long time (because people tend to experiment at that stage problems are often blamed on that), and it later turned out he was schizophrenic, which is now totally under control.

Obviously I'm not saying that's what is wrong with your sister, but it might help to get a second opinion from a good professional in general.

The best of luck to you, and remember to also enjoy and focus on your own precious life.
Mental issues and family members acting out are not so easy to control, especially when there is denial and they are adults, so I'd say be supportive and plan your own space.

It's very difficult to give an opinion here at the risk of misdiagnosis and causing needless alarm, but there are sources on mental health and support groups (also online) for more general information.
edit on 28-8-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It sounds like something was triggered with the head injury that doctors must be missing. My child got knocked hard in the head by a door and we dealt with some worrisome behavior for several weeks afterward despite nothing being found wrong with her.

Take at look at this article about head injuries and their link to depression: www.dailymail.co.uk... I know it's the Daily Mail but sometimes they do report some interesting health news you don't necessarily see very often.

Usage of marijuana has also been found to trigger schizophrenia in some people who are reactive to it. I don't have a link handy to support that but I'm sure you can find it on a web search. I actually think I might have read that somewhere here on ATS. It is something to look into.

There is clearly something not right with the poor girl, but what, I do not know. I'm really worried about that head injury. People do get knocked out from time to time with no lasting ill effects, but with a personality change occurring, I'd look for triggers and that certainly would be the one I'd worry about.

Demonic possession...well are you seeing anything paranormal around her yourself? Objects moving on their own? Shadow people sighted at the edge of your vision? Even if you are seeing anything paranormal, that doesn't mean there isn't a medical problem going on. When my mom had schizophrenia, my dad and I witnessed paranormal things in conjunction with that. But still, treatment of the schizophrenia cut off the ability of any paranormal powers to exploit imbalances in her brain chemistry.

Good luck and best wishes to your family.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awarenessiskey
Her friend told me how she went downstairs around 5 am and started reading loudly from a bible, Quoting this and that . We are a Buddhist by the way, not too religious. She was yelling quotes out so loud that the mother woke up and came down to see what was up.
She said she had to go and called a cab to get to a church in downtown Toronto.
I said whats wrong. She was totally delusional, was telling me she saw the devil in "M" ( her friend ) 's eyes. she said she saw the devil. Told me not to tell anyone about this.

Doesn't sound awfully demonic, they don't generally like the Word. Maybe she had some kind of vision when she was knocked out.

Ever since, my sister been distance from the family. She doesn't social as much anymore. Stays in her room a lot. We talk here and there but not too much. She can get very irritated easily especially when loud noises heard in the house. She is 22, still goes to college.

Hard to say I am pretty introverted myself and frequently spend time alone, I don't generally trust but a handful of people. Sounds like she may have been the victim of an act of betrayal by her friend honestly.

I remember one time I was sitting in the living room, she came down and put a book on the coffee table called "the greatest man ever" which is a book on Jesus. Asked me who's book is this? it's so stupid.
She stop celebrating her Birthday, Christmas, any holidays. Usually every Christmas she is the one to set up the Christmas tree. She totally changed.

This sounds more like she is trying to communicate her loss in faith in general. This happens alot at this age, young people are looking for something to believe in and it isn't always apparent why. It is the immortality of youth. This can also be attributed to a friends act of betrayal.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sounds like a medical problem. If she were possessed, there would be no questions about it. Keep her under the care of her physician and just be there for her with love and support.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Awarenessiskey

Hi there Awareness

I understand that you are probably incredibly confused about your sister's condition, but I am very sure that this is not a possession. However - I believe that she may have had some sort of demonic or spiritual encounter. It may also be possible that the injury to her head simply caused her to see something that was not there.

One of the reasons that I do not believe that your sister is possessed - is the fact that she read from the Bible. When it comes to demonic possession - demons are often repelled by 'the word' and the name of Christ. In some cases the demons can not even speak the name of Christ or Jesus.

I believe that she read from the bible in an attempt to grasp hold of some kind of faith and scare off whatever had frightened her. Since Christianity is one of the worlds largest religions perhaps this is why she chose to turn to the bible.

The only thing that I can not find an explanation for is why she chose that specific Church in downtown Toronto. I am not familiar with the area - but if there are multiple churches in the area (probable) then you might want to consider asking her why she chose that specific church to go to.

I hope that my 5 cents worth may have helped you in some way. I hope that your sister makes a full recovery.

My thoughts are with you both
Trick

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hi awareness thanks for sharing

Your sister is far from being possessed
shock in the head can make someone blackout
and go somewhere that science can explain
time is extremely slow in this other realm..
the reason why everything is physical and have gravity on earth
is because here time run really really fast

You sister has saw the other world .. probably went to heaven during her blackout
and saw God and his Angels .. once you go there
when you come back .. you see things that others dont
one of her friend is probably possessed by something evil
which i believe her .. demons exist in many many people

Heaven left her a message that shocked her and terrified her
she was probably had a vision of the futur to
try to understand her to see whats going on .. what did she see during her blackout

oh and i believe she has been saved .. that lamp trigger something in her
how funny it is .. a lamp made her see the light

tell her that she will smile
try to confort her
she dont worry about herself but she worry about everysoul especially now
because so many are lost and confuse and they should repent to God asap
edit on 8/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Demonic possession...well are you seeing anything paranormal around her yourself? Objects moving on their own? Shadow people sighted at the edge of your vision? Even if you are seeing anything paranormal, that doesn't mean there isn't a medical problem going on. When my mom had schizophrenia, my dad and I witnessed paranormal things in conjunction with that. But still, treatment of the schizophrenia cut off the ability of any paranormal powers to exploit imbalances in her brain chemistry.

Thanks everyone for your post.

There hasn't been any paranormal activity. I was only assuming cause she went from a sweet innocent kind sister to a someone totally different after over night when the incident. she still has this strange look in her eyes when i try to talk to her. As if she was thinking way too much . It's possibly marijuana could have trigger schizophrenia for a bit ? they could only assume now that marijuana trigger psychosis for the time being.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickStander

The only thing that I can not find an explanation for is why she chose that specific Church in downtown Toronto. I am not familiar with the area - but if there are multiple churches in the area (probable) then you might want to consider asking her why she chose that specific church to go to.

Trick

Apparently she choose to go to a location in downtown because the bible she was reading from had that address on it. I don't think she ended up getting to that location. When I met up with her, she was at some random apartment. BTW, she lost her phone, her wallet and her diary during that night. She didn't remember how she got downtown or anything.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Sounds like she may have smoked some of the synthetic weed unknowingly. Lots of people call it weed without even mentioning it is the synthetic kind anymore. I would try to find the true source for the weed she smoked that night, I would bet it wasn't the usual stuff.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

she went downstairs around 5 am and started reading loudly from a bible.

Its possible that she is possessed by a demon who obviously has been to hell and back.

If the demon is not afraid of speaking from the Bible let alone even touching the book, then I speculate that the lost spirit in her body is desperate for forgivness.

I am sure the spirit of Jesus Christ walks by her side now.

Hopefully the demon knows this and is not afraid of the future.

Once a lost spirit seeks forgivness for their sins, they are instantly forgiven and written into the Book of Life.

If you have been to hell, the flaming buildings, the mud pits of pain, the desolate wastelands of Hades or the angel prison Tartarus, you will understand why the demon is so desperate to be forgiven.

It is horrific down there. No word can describe the true feeling of fear that a lost soul has to endure as every second ticks by.

Let her keep reading the Bible to herself. Thats all she has to do and the nephil spirit will be safe.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Maybe she got some pot that was laced with something she didn't know about. Pot and other drugs can activate the pineal gland, which controls the third eye opening and closing. Sometimes drugs can cause the pineal gland to stay active. The third eye gets stuck being open, causing the user to see things in the spiritual dimensions others can't see. This gives the impression of schizophrenia to the doctors, who don't believe in such things.
She is probably withdrawn because no one believes her, and isn't even considering this could be a real paranormal experience she is going through.
edit on 8/29/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/29/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This is so very sad. It's so hard to see the loved one you know replaced by a different personality entirely. It sounds like she has been damaged by the head injury or, as others have indicated, she got marijuana laced with something else or was somehow not the usual variety. I've got no familiarity with drugs at all so will have to rely on the knowledge and contributions of others on this.

But the point is something happened to change her drastically. She clearly is NOT doing well at all now. I think she needs another visit to a doctor of some sort, a neurologist or someone who has expertise in head injuries. If you read that Daily Mail article I linked to, the sisters of the young man featured in that article insist he was meaner after his accident. His mother disagrees but she might be in denial or didn't have the same perspective the sisters had.

If I were you I'd so a web search on "head injuries and personality changes" to get a better perspective on what MIGHT be going in with your sister. The religious and paranormal aspect of her fixations may not mean anything at all and might just be there because they are vague concepts she can fixate on and build up in her mind. She could just as easily gone the other way and started fixating in government mind control conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

22 i don't know why but things seem to happen more around that age i beleave in the power of beleaf so i am not to into the whole god thing i beleave in a higher power and throw fact jesus did at one time live if he was christ or not that is something else most paranomal actividy is strange no doute but i never herd of any buddha or alluah(sorry i think i miss-spelled that) related actividy but it is what it is if your sister was buddist or still is but has a atration to the bible it is normal for the youngist and most world-wide religeon of corse you would want to know more but with your sister seeing old uncle lusifer that is another thing it might have been the pot or she has hidden something from you like being interdused to wicca or voodoo cults idk but she will trun around maybe not soon but if you try to iteract with her more ( i dont care if u have to bond her to a chair to talk) she might sinp out of it faster if worse comes to worse try a exersisom

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

dont say those things now i have to go smoke a fatty thanks
JK

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Speaking from personal experience of having gone through substance based Psychosis it sounds familiar.
Took 9 months before light appeared at the and of a very dark tunnel.
All you can do is be there for her with love support and understanding

Speaking plainly - I was going through a life changing time.
The outer world was a place full of secret signs and symbolic things that only I could read
I certainly felt no other understood or could help no matter how they might try

Though this is the hardest of times - I did resolve what was troubling my mind which was the nature of Reality itself.
Best be a good listener and not push anything onto her.
I personally got over it without any medical intervention.
In a way my mind was undoing certain Illusions that I had always just accepted as many do.

Be strong and loving and I wish you and your sister all the best as it can be heartbreaking to watch some one crack up though it can be and was for me the making of me and everything after got easier eventually

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Awarenessiskey I don't think she's possessed, but I think the lamp that fell on her head includinhg the pot, may have contributed to her psychosis.

new topics

top topics

join