It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
The United Nations is continuing its assault on American wealth and sovereignty. Unbelievably, various proposals are in the works to tax American citizens and send the money to poorer countries.
The threat has become so serious that delegates to the Republican National Convention have adopted a proposal rejecting United Nations efforts to tax Americans. Now, preserving American freedom and keeping our tax dollars here at home will become an official part of the GOP platform.
President Obama and extreme liberals in Congress are supportive of these various U.N. efforts, of course, and that is a big reason why the GOP is finding it necessary to come out against any and all efforts at global wealth redistribution.
• TAX THE RICH: The U.N. World Economic and Social Survey wants to levy a 1% tax on billionaires worldwide.
• TRANSACTIONS TAX: The U.N. has proposed a tax of .005 percent on financial transactions, also known as the Robin Hood Tax, because it will take money from rich nations and send it to poorer ones.
• CLIMATE TAX: U.N. official Ottmar Edenhofer told an international panel that climate change policy was “a way to redistribute wealth globally,” and President Obama is on board with introducing a tax that would bypass Congressional approval and force anyone who travels to pay a climate tax.
• SOCIAL TAX: The U.N. Commission on Social Development met earlier this year and discussed a global “social protection floor” that would be funded by a new world tax.
• INTERNET TAX: In December, the International Telecommunication Union will meet to debate a global Internet tax.
• REPLACE THE DOLLAR: The U.N. wants its International Monetary Fund to manage a global monetary system and replace the U.S. dollar in international trade.
• SUSTAINABILITY TAX: Communities are beginning to rally against the U.N.’s Agenda 21, which the RNC documents call a “comprehensive plan of extreme environmentalism, social engineering, and global political control.” Agenda 21 would force taxes and regulations upon Americans in the name of sustainable development that would affect the kind of cars we drive, the property we own, the type of travel choices we can make and even how many children we can have.
• GUN TAX: The U.N. has been working for many years on a Small Arms Treaty that would allow them to tax, regulate and control our firearms, weaken America, and destroy our Second Amendment rights.
According to the Survey, realistic estimates of a tiny CTT put the revenue yield of a tax of one half of a basis point on all trading in four major currencies (the dollar, euro, yen and sterling) at $40 billion per year. A tax on a wider range of financial transactions, such as equity trades, bonds and derivatives, could raise more resources. It is estimated that the proposed European FTT will raise approximately $75 billion annually. The participation of the United States and other countries would obviously increase the revenue potential, but, to date, the United States has not been supportive of any form of FTT. Nonetheless, even when limited to Europe, as shown in the figure, an FTT and CTT have the potential to make a significant contribution to global financing needs, with estimated annual revenues nearly as large as existing annual flows of traditional ODA, even though — with the indicated scope — it would be insufficient to make up for the delivery gap between existing ODA and the agreed upon United Nations target (of 0.7 per cent of donor country national income). An FTT and CTT should therefore be viewed as additional to exisiting ODA, and not as substitutes for it.
In particular, a CTT, which taxes international transactions, is by its nature a tax on financial market internationalization. In addition to countries appropriating a portion of taxes on domestic financial market transactions to international development, the international community should look to the implementation of a CTT to be allocated exclusively towards development and global needs, such as combating climate change.
Originally posted by ConnmanAre they hitting Russia and China with this crap as well?
As proposed, a financial transaction tax (FTT) or a currency transaction tax (CTT) would be part of an international agreement by which Governments pledge to jointly implement such a tax and earmark (all or part of ) the proceeds for international development cooperation.
Anyone who thinks the UN is working to spread the principles of the US around the world is deluded.
Well to be fair the US was the major player in enforcing the financial system on the world.
When you think about it, it doesn't really matter if the US gets more debt because they already have a totally un-payable amount.
If your ship is going to sink you may as well try and save other peoples while your at it.
That being said when the US inevitably sinks all countries will be dragged down too so you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.
the UN is meaningless and powerless without the support of the US,
in fact the US is the only one that can vehemently and publicly state that it will go against UN decisions, you need not look further than the rhetoric before the first and second Iraq "wars".
This whole thing is a non event.
The UN is a paper tiger. They cannot force anything. Think Syria.
Well it certainly pushes people to do stuff like spend billions going to war for example. But the point of this corrupt system is you don't need to take risks for them because you know that they will do it themselves.
This is true but the US didn’t take risks for other nations nor should US be responsible for the debts of others.
How exactly? What industry are you expecting to save you when its all going to China?
The US can dig its way out IMO as long as this debt is compounded.
How long have you spent researching the financial system and how it works?
The difference is the US can recover on its own.