It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low flying unmarked 4 prop plane spotted 3 times in a week. Any ideas?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
My faith in ATS members is restored, not only intelligent and informative but fast and thorough. That's why I posted on here and why I continue to be a member though a fairly rare poster. Thank you all so much.

I would say that there's a bunch of strange stuff happening locally. While I was away there was the alleged comet or meteor not far from where i spotted the first plane. My neighbour said that the light at night a few days ago was weird and made her yellow flowers almost glow with fluorescence and I just saw a very fast very streamlined jet fly over (just did it again) looks a bit like a stealth outline. In addition there are quite strange looking clouds and contrails although a thick cloud blanket is hiding most of them. There is a history of UFO sightings in this area and I really can't help wondering about all this strange aerial activity.

The planes I saw looked quite rough, RAF stuff is usually well maintained and has various appendages and bits sticking out. The ones I saw looked much more workmanlike, even looked hand painted (yes they were so low that I could tell, didn't see brush strokes lol). Definitely not aerial mapping, far too low for that. Early days will follow up all the good suggestions and sorry if my earlier reponses were a bit tetchy. Hard week at the Discworld convention.
edit on 29-8-2012 by Thoriumisbest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Wow! Those are some really great pictures you captured there! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Now I am really curious as to what this yellow arrow is pointing at www.airliners.net...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by tommyjo

Wow! Those are some really great pictures you captured there! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Now I am really curious as to what this yellow arrow is pointing at www.airliners.net...

The yellow rescue arrow points towards emergency access ports and hatches.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
could it be possible that someone was joyriding an airplane.

its called fun, try it sometime.

You might call it "fun" and we have a local sheriff and police/military in this state that might agree with you. Other people might describe this conduct as "a threat to public safety".

Utube and other vid sites are chock-full of aircraft cratering. Last thing we need is some idiot cowboy that is reliving aerial battles in his testosterone-overloaded little mind.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by randomname
could it be possible that someone was joyriding an airplane.

its called fun, try it sometime.

You might call it "fun" and we have a local sheriff and police/military in this state that might agree with you. Other people might describe this conduct as "a threat to public safety".

Utube and other vid sites are chock-full of aircraft cratering. Last thing we need is some idiot cowboy that is reliving aerial battles in his testosterone-overloaded little mind.

What if the pilot was a woman? Your unnecessarily hateful and ignorant comment aside, there was such an incident in the late 60's.

A C-130 crewchief stationed at RAF Mildenhall was having family problems back in the U.S., got drunk one night and stole an aircraft to try and fly home.

The official story is that he ran out of fuel and crashed however the groundcrews of the F-100's that were scrambled to intercept the stolen Hercules have publicly commented that the fighters returned with their ammunition fully spent.

Here is a Stars and Stripes article on the incident, sorry about the size...

Stolen C-130 Shot Down?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Is your meth lab anywhere near that area?...
Seriously who knows could be any number of things. But unmarked and flying low usually means wanting to stay off radar...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Cheers! As Drunkenparrot has posted it will be rescue and access points.

2. EMERGENCY ENTRY a. Pull release handle and push inward on four hatches located forward, center, and aft top of fuselage, and fuselage forward right side.

See following link - page 11 'C-130.7'

www.0x4d.net...
edit on 29-8-2012 by tommyjo because: additional info added

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

Dunno, but where I live, growing up we have that 24/7 every hour on the hour. That and black choppers as well, about every 40 min; they always seem to fly directly overhead. I've always thought that it's just student pilots trying to get their hours in? Students aren't so professional with, you know, altitude and what-not.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Thoriumisbest

I have seen this plane... it is not a hercules.. it is an old ww2 plane.. it was in feb 2012 on a monday morning when i heard what i thought was a chinook in the distance as they fly over my house a lot.. but then the rumble got louder and louder until from behind some trees a couple of hundred metres away it came banking heavily and heading straight for me.. i froze and could only stare as it straightened up, and was so low and close to my balcony i could see the terrible paintwork.. it looked like it had been painted with a yard brush.. i also saw the pilot.
This happened in the dee valley heading to llangollen. Since seeing this old plane i have looked at every possible plane it could have been.. and it could only have been a lancaster or variant.. or a b24 liberator.. it had lots of tiny windows right on the nse of the plane that is a gunners station. No markings whatsoever, and looked like it had just come from a plane graveyard..
the raf insisted that none if their planes were in the area on that day.. and besides they are all marked..
i know this is an old post.. but ive only just seen it and it sounded exactly like what i saw.
everyone i have spoken to has said it will have been a hercules c-130.. but they also fly over a lot and i am familiar wth them..
i would be interested to hear any other details anyone else has about this dangerously low flying plane...

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It could be a US Navy P-3 Orion. The Navy's corrosion control program mandates patch painting so they sometimes look a bit ragged.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's a plane. Problem solved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join