It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Official: Romney is nomiated as the GOP nominee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

TAMPA, Florida (Reuters) - Republicans formally nominated Mitt Romney on Tuesday to challenge President Barack Obama for the White House, kicking off their storm-delayed convention with a barrage of sharp attacks on Obama's economic leadership.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Appears there are no more if/and/butt's in regards to Ron Paul delegates, even if they were all represented accordingly; Mitt was the pick.

Will he beat Obama? It may come down to the debates, but I highly doubt it. Immigrants are not voting for this man, nor blacks nor the rich. It may be close, but his man will not be your President.

Good luck, America!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Seems like a good number of Republicans don't even like Romney judging from the convention. Seeing how he treated some of them, I don't expect they'll be supporting him.
edit on 28-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow. I would like to say I'm surprised. This is just as pathetic as when W. was voted in. Way to go America. Now let's see you make him President so you can get involved in a nuclear war.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Congratulation Obama for another 4 years

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Appears there are no more if/and/butt's in regards to Ron Paul delegates, even if they were all represented accordingly; Mitt was the pick.

I don't think Ron Paul... or anybody who embraced reality ever thought that Ron Paul was going to be the nomination. I find it hilarious that people have still been speaking about Ron Paul and delegates.... when he really never had a chance in the first place.

Which sucks.... because it's becoming increasingly obvious that very few that want to vote against Obama want Romney, many republicans dislike Romney.... and now, because a majority of the US is under the assumption that this is a two party system, we're stuck with Obama.

I don't see any way that Romney could ever beat Obama...

So.... Obama disgusts me, Romney is like Obama 2.0 and if I vote for Ron Paul it seems as if nothing changes. Even if I do vote for Obama or Romney, nothing changes... b/s.

I want 3 presidents, majority rule between them, and life time positions. Sounds crazy, but I swear it would work.

In the end, good luck Mitt, good luck Obama

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017
I want 3 presidents, majority rule between them, and life time positions. Sounds crazy, but I swear it would work.

I second the nomination for a Triumvirate it worked really well before.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by xavi1000

This would be more appropriate in my other thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ron Paul got 10% of the vote, which makes the GOP seem divided and weak going into general election.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
For all the bashing I took over the Primary season for simply stating the facts and the rules...it's nice to see that I was proven right.

I'm not trying to rub it in Paul supporters face...but sometimes you should listen when people are trying to inform you on how the process works instead of bashing them and ignoring all the facts.

It is now over...Ron Paul had no where near the delegates most of his supporters claimed he did in the final count. In fact, most of the sources that his supporters claimed were wrong turned out fairly accurate...right around 200 delegates.

There wasn't a rebellion, no delegate was "unbound" to vote for whoever they wanted to, and there wasn't a mass movement to abstain from voting and Ron Paul didn't have a plurality of 5 states, so he wasn't even on the official ballot.

It is down to Obama vs Romney...it will be a close election...because it is actually an election of Obama vs Not-Obama.
edit on 28-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
For all the bashing I took over the Primary system for simply stating the facts and the rules...it's nice to see that I was proven right.

I'm not trying to rub it in Paul supporters face...but sometimes you should listen when people are trying to inform you on how the process works instead of bashing them and ignoring all the facts.

It is now over...Ron Paul had no where near the delegates most of his supporters claimed he did in the final count. In fact, most of the sources that his supporters claimed were wrong turned out fairly accurate...right around 200 delegates.

There wasn't a rebellion, no delegate was "unbound" to vote for whoever they wanted to, and there wasn't a mass movement to abstain from voting and Ron Paul didn't have a plurality of 5 states, so he wasn't even on the official ballot.

It is down to Obama vs Romney...it will be a close election...because it is actually an election of Obama vs Not-Obama.

Gah if you only knew the half of it. I'm not saying Ron would have won the nomination either, but you need to pull your head out of the sand and stop thinking that everything is just peachy-keen and the process works as advertised.

Contrary to what you said, Ron Paul DID have a plurality - if all his delegates would have been allowed to show up. I know for a fact VA was not allowed, Maine did not go, and there are others. A rules change also changed the amount of states needed to obtain a plurality of 5 to 8 - so even if he had had the 5 states, it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

The amount of work the Romney camp put into denying Ron Paul is staggering. Affidavits to coerce delegates to vote for Romney even though they were duly elected from a caucus state and were free to vote their conscience. Swapping delegate slates at almost every state convention - busing in people with fake delegate credentials - the list goes on and on and on.

No Outkast, this entire process was NOT "fair and balanced" and neither was it ethically or morally correct. If you can't see that then I truly feel sorry for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
...it's nice to see that I was proven right.

...but sometimes you should listen when people are trying to inform you on how the process works instead of bashing them and ignoring all the facts.

It is now over.

I guess the state of the Union, such as it is, is worth your redemption. Congrats!

Going into this game with little to no expectation of victory I suppose we were expected to listen and join in with the opposition's cheerleaders - "Hey, hey, we suck. Yeah we suck, we suck, we suck!" Cool, but that really didn't seem to convey our hopes and our spirit to play our best game. I think in the long run our team did inspire others to play the game, get involved, do what they believe in, and give it their best effort. Perhaps the notion of personal liberty and self-ownership is dead now, but I doubt it. I think it is the wave of the future, the remedy for the myriad of the nation's ills, and our best chance for a better tomorrow.

You might have a double reason to celebrate tonight. Romney is a weak choice with half-hearted support and might otherwise be an easy defeat. However, as you state, November is about Obama vs. No-bama, and he is rather lack-luster himself.

I would like to wish you good luck, you are certainly more astute than many of the ubiquitous non-Pauls encountered here, but in all good conscience I can't bring myself to wish either of those side-show characters on the nation of my birth.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

TAMPA, Florida (Reuters) - Republicans formally nominated Mitt Romney on Tuesday to challenge President Barack Obama for the White House, kicking off their storm-delayed convention with a barrage of sharp attacks on Obama's economic leadership.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Will he beat Obama? It may come down to the debates, but I highly doubt it. Immigrants are not voting for this man, nor blacks nor the rich. It may be close, but his man will not be your President.

Good luck, America!
Because Obama has created so many jobs Uuuuhhh HUHHHHUUUU! The proof is in the pudding, don't ya know? The FACTS speak for themselves. THE NUMBERS SHOW IT. HE HASN'T DONE S#T He doesn't deserve to be re-elected.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
boehner got booed

the gop is run by a bunch of loons

they may be the burgermeister meisterburgers in 10 years

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Good luck, America!

nor the rich???

Wow I think you are wrong here, the "rich" want nothing more than to have mitt as president.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Ron Paul got 10% of the vote, which makes the GOP seem divided and weak going into general election.

Oh yes! Thank God this is the - last year - of the Ron Paul dingbats.

He will be too old in 2016.

President Mitt Romney will be a 2 term president.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Good luck, America!

I have noticed most people are conveniently ignoring what is happening around them.

- Gov. Scott Walker won his recall election in Wisconsin.
How did that happen?

What is going on???

- Tommy Thompson is way ahead in his Senate race in Wisconsin.

RCP - has Wisconsin turning - RED -. Gee, i wonder why?

- Linda McMahon winning her Senate race in Conneticut??? I thought Conneticut was

a - BLUE - state! What is going on???

Oh and BTW Obama will win his election in a landslide. Yeah, right!

It's already over. - Obama is doomed -

Welcome to Washington DC President Mitt Romney !

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
100% official ?

are you trying to be arrogant here ?

tell me why the "officials" refused to count the Ron Paul delegates
and replaced them by private fund donors

Its 100% official if you live in a illusion .. the elite illusion created to fool the mass
the reality is that the majority of americans really voted for Ron Paul
but they will never tell you this on the news .. showing their "official" number
most people think that because its on TV it must be true and they must be real number
triplechecked to be sure there is no exageration or fraud
we are far from that now .. it was all riggued and it is so obvious
that im shocked people would believe their "official" numbers
some still have their heads deep in the sand .. swallowing everything on TV like homer
edit on 8/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
100% official ?

are you trying to be arrogant here ?

tell me why the "officials" refused to count the Ron Paul delegates
and replaced them by private fund donors

Its 100% official if you live in a illusion .. the elite illusion created to fool the mass
the reality is that the majority of americans really voted for Ron Paul
but they will never tell you this on the news .. showing their "official" number
most people think that because its on TV it must be true and they must be real number
triplechecked to be sure there is no exageration or fraud
we are far from that now .. it was all riggued and it is so obvious
that im shocked people would believe their "official" numbers
some still have their heads deep in the sand .. swallowing everything on TV like homer
edit on 8/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Ron Paul didn't win in 2008 either.

I can't believe the Ron Paul trolls were dreaming of a - miracle - in 2012.

- President Ron Paul -

---------
Please join us in reality. - majority rules -

Ron Paul has an adolescent opinion of Iran and the nuclear bomb.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I totaly disagree with you
but i will respect your opinion
not your fault if you are brainwashed to think that way
or you are a disinfo troll that know fully well whats going on

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join