It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul has been snubbed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Can't find a link but I am watching CNN right now and I can't believe my eyes, No one is calling the number of delegates Paul has received. Though not a substantial number, it still has to be called during the roll call. I won't call myself a hardcore Paul supporter but I do support his stance on certain issues. This act does make me a bit happy though, it shows the republican establishment is not happy with what the doctor has been able to do. My mom who is a hardcore democrat is even surprised about what's going on. I am very interested to hear what my fellow members have to say about this development.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They only call votes for nominated candidates. Romney is the only one nominated. Votes for Paul and the others go into other.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Oh.. well CNN seems to be making a fuss about this, I assumed that candidates who received delegates were supposed to be included in the call.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by destinedkid17

Yes, they were calling them during the roll call. Minnesota gave Ron 33 votes. Paul was clearly mentioned by his biggest supporters. Nevada is another state that gave him the majority of their votes. Most other states put all of their votes into the Romney bin or 5 to 10 votes for Paul.

Paul was not ignored, Fox News interviewed him on the floor of the convention earlier. He is certainly an ally in this race and hopefully if Romney wins, he will appoint Paul to an appropriate cabinet position. How about Treasury Secretary?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Didn’t you hear? Romney won! It was decided and made official long ago.

This shouldn’t be shocking at this point in the race…...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
They only call votes for nominated candidates. Romney is the only one nominated. Votes for Paul and the others go into other.

I thought the hole point of the vote was to vote for who would be the nominee.

I am confused.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by destinedkid17
reply to post by MrSpad

Oh.. well CNN seems to be making a fuss about this, I assumed that candidates who received delegates were supposed to be included in the call.

Well they clearly were giving Paul supporters the least amount of attention they could, they did at least let them read off votes for him.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I think Ron Paul got somewhere around 160-180 votes, I'm not certain but the final count for "other" was just over 200 and very few of them were for other candidates when I stopped watching.

As far as I'm concerned about this... the election is over. Republicans and Democrats will be fighting over which face they want to screw the country up.

Edit: According to wikipedia, he got 189 votes.
edit on 28-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join