It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Too few Americans ‘turn to government for assistance’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by Night Star

Unfortunately he was probably being facetious. Conservatives typically look at people in your situation and wonder why you aren't dead already instead of sponging off of good hard working Americans. Because to them, anyone in your situation if they want to be good Americans would die with dignity instead of looking for healthcare solutions. To these people, unless you are already wealthy and therefore can provide your own health care coverage, you aren't worth anything, and should probably use your last ounce of strength digging your own grave.

I really hope you recover, your illness goes into remission and you start feeling better soon. If this were a better country, we would take care of our own sick before blowing holes on other countries.

Independent voter.... yeh right! Your liberal is showing..

I have a friend who was healthy up to about 2 years ago. She developed some kind of virus or something that attacked her spinal cord and was paralyzed for awhile. She has 3 kids, divorced, and is unable to work. She recently applied for social security and was denied...yet people can get SS for being depressed. Now which side is messed up?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Independent voter.... yeh right! Your liberal is showing..

read my signature.

I have a friend who was healthy up to about 2 years ago. She developed some kind of virus or something that attacked her spinal cord and was paralyzed for awhile. She has 3 kids, divorced, and is unable to work. She recently applied for social security and was denied...yet people can get SS for being depressed. Now which side is messed up?

Well, a traditional family values conservative would blame her illness on a vengeful christian god smiting her for her getting a divorce.

Of course, most everyone is denied for disability the first time they apply, one has to hire one of those attorneys they see on TV to get the job done.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Actually in reality the vast majority of Americans use govt assistance without even realizing it.

A simple example is public schooling. Tons of tax dollars are funneled into that each year, and it's forced down everyone's throat (unless you have a lot of $$$ and can afford alternatives).

I personally think that even programs such as this have failed miserably and are a waste of tax $, and achieve no benefits for our society and in fact appear to serve as detrimental.

And to think, if someone doesn't want to play along with the whole totalitarian goose step, they risk being arrested and their children arrested at gunpoint for refusing to comply with the mind control operation.

Nobody seems to notice, and nobody seems to care.
We are already deep within a utopia for control freaks, if you hadn't figured it out.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The scariest communication, anyone can receive is "We're from the government and we are here to help you". If governments were really "for the people", we would welcome their help, instead of fear it.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
When I was first diagnosed with cancer and had no medical coverage, I was able to get help from medicaid. If it wasn't for the cancer center, I wouldn't have known that I was eligable. I m not working and my husband is on disibility. Once I am done being treated for cancer though, my coverage ends. I'll have to see what I can do after that.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

That's a tough situation. I wish you the best and I'm sending you good energy.

Here is something which might help you know what kind of plans you might need to make after your treatment:
Learn How Obamacare Helps You

I did the little interactive and learned that in 2014, if my personal situation is the same as it is right now, I will be eligible for Medicaid.

I live with my mom who is 87 and I am her sole caregiver. I am single and I have no children. I have an RN license that is inactive now because it is impossible for me to work even part time and take care of my mom properly on my own. As a result, though, I've done a little bit for myself with some self-employment type efforts, mostly making vinyl decals and signs and some jewelry...but that's not at all enough to pay for my personal incidentals and what-not and ALSO get some kind of health insurance. I'm very healthy and being a nurse for 11 years taught me many things...and spiritually I've made some discoveries that have helped my health and have also even further lessened my need for some kind of coverage. But I do know that things can happen...I broke my arm once, out of work...never could pay for that. And there are things that become more likely as the years go on that I might need some help with...not the least of which might be something like you are presently going through.

So while it is good to know that I can have help with health care in the future, should I need it, it is even more encouraging to me to know that others will benefit from this change...those who might be in comparable situations where they have been unable to get help for something more than absolutely necessary will be able to receive help previously denied or very hard to obtain and temporary in most cases. And preventative health care is something I can't argue against, in any case. To have access to that is a good thing for everyone.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thanks annie! I'll check that link out later. I help my elderly mother too, but she is still able to live on her own. I have been living off of my savings. I too make jewelry and do other crafts and will be looking into selling things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join