It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Too few Americans ‘turn to government for assistance’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Somebody in the Federal Government thinks that not enough people are applying for government assistance !!

So they have created a website to assist you in applying for assistance.

Strange, since so many are receiving assistance of some kind.

This must be some kind of effort to make the dependence look smaller than it is.

Right now I think it's at a high point.

Washington Examiner -- August 27, 2012

More Americans rely on their families for assistance than the government, so federal officials have undertaken an effort to help people to apply for federal assistance.

“Given that only 15 percent of you turn to government assistance in tough times, we want to make sure you know about benefits that could help you,” USA.gov announced today. The ”government made easy’ website has created a “help for difficult financial times” page for people to learn more about the programs.

The government got that statistic from a poll asking Americans what helps them the most during tough times.....
see the story for the poll "results"

I think the Marxists would love to see 100% assistance.

I'm sure they are doing their best to "help" themselves You !

Related Thread:
Over 100 Million Now Receiving Federal Welfare -- The Most Ever !

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

There is nothing new about this. Liberals have been using this political strategy for decades. They’ve created a permanent lower-class of dependents out of the former middle-class and now they’re going after the wealthy.

And I think the figures are wrong. I read that 1 out of 3 Americans in 2012 receives some form of federal aid.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
When I was first diagnosed with cancer and had no medical coverage, I was able to get help from medicaid. If it wasn't for the cancer center, I wouldn't have known that I was eligable. I m not working and my husband is on disibility. Once I am done being treated for cancer though, my coverage ends. I'll have to see what I can do after that.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You could try looking into the current PPACA (ObamaCare) plan already in effect.

The rates vary from State to State.

Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thanks I'll look into that.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Seriously, there is nothing wrong with letting people know about programs they may qualify for. The key word being "qualify". It's not a site to encourage people to cheat the government. It's a site to help those that need help find it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Unfortunately he was probably being facetious. Conservatives typically look at people in your situation and wonder why you aren't dead already instead of sponging off of good hard working Americans. Because to them, anyone in your situation if they want to be good Americans would die with dignity instead of looking for healthcare solutions. To these people, unless you are already wealthy and therefore can provide your own health care coverage, you aren't worth anything, and should probably use your last ounce of strength digging your own grave.

I really hope you recover, your illness goes into remission and you start feeling better soon. If this were a better country, we would take care of our own sick before blowing holes on other countries.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Unfortunately he was probably being facetious. Conservatives typically look at people in your situation and wonder why you aren't dead already instead of sponging off of good hard working Americans. Because to them, anyone in your situation if they want to be good Americans would die with dignity instead of looking for healthcare solutions. To these people, unless you are already wealthy and therefore can provide your own health care coverage, you aren't worth anything, and should probably use your last ounce of strength digging your own grave.

I really hope you recover, your illness goes into remission and you start feeling better soon. If this were a better country, we would take care of our own sick before blowing holes on other countries.

""Unfortunately he was probably being facetious.""

You couldn't be more wrong even if you tried !!

Are you aware that the link I gave is ObamaCare PPACA ?

That program is one part that I actually agree with !!

Did you know that many States had pre existing condition insurance programs long before ObamaCare ?

Do you know that almost all employers policies don't exclude pre existing conditions ? (although it might be a problem to have a job in the first place, that's for sure).

edit on Aug-28-2012 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm sorry, I could just imagine you spitting up bile and foaming at the mouth over the thought of someone who doesn't have means turning to a government program to help themselves recover from cancer instead of dying in writhing pain so they don't cost the taxpayers any money that could go to the military.

I can imagine the hate you would feel every day to not see the corpses of your fellow Americans lining the streets who should have starved to death instead of getting a food stamp card.

I can envision the rage build in you to think about your fellow countrymen not freezing to death in the winter instead of utilizing programs to help keep the heat on.

I mean what a horrible world we live in that we don't have hard working men cleaning up the corpses of the dead who instead of looking to their government for help insisted on the honor of self reliance and dying of starvation and disease.

Just tryin to get the conservative ideology down.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think the federal government enjoys it when millions upon millions run to them for 'assistance'.

Bunch of malarkey that is. The federal government would hire five people to change one lightbulb. One to unscrew the old bulb, one to hand the same man a new bulb, one to open the package of new bulbs and count one out, one guy to hold the ladder, and one guy to sweep up after the job was complete.... Wich would also take abut two weeks.

FTF.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I'll reply once more.

It's not necessarily about the programs.

It's about the waste and corruption.

Too many thieves involved.

Take the corruption out of the picture and some of it might actually work without bankrupting the country.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Thieves run the game.

Idiots are the ones making it happen.

Maybe a combination of both.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
There's a part in a video about FEMA camps I just recalled after seeing this thread.

It states that government will gradually attempt to get you almost completely dependent upon them, so that almost no one will complain when the "herding" begins, making revolt less likely. It's... a "contingency" plan for when S really does HTF and no one knows what to do.
edit on 28-8-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

If you really want to S your pants read about Rex84.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Looking at the actual government link I see this:

The first resource is employment based.

The last, not pictured due to screen size restriction on my end, is a guide to credit.

These things seem pretty reasonable to me. Logical links to help folks find work and to avoid going bankrupt through credit reliance. Proper conservative advice IMO.

As far as "helping" people to find government assistance? Creating a one stop reference that tells people what they may or may not qualify for assistance with seems not to be nefarious to me. Anybody who has ever applied for any sort of social program will likely tell you that they had to feel their way through the darkness and jump through a lot of hoops just to find it, apply for it, and figure out all of the rules and regulations involved.

Sadly crooks seem to know the ropes by rote... it's the honest people who need a hand up who get lost. This tool might help to reverse that.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
From what I understand, this website was an effort to streamline the process so that the government could save money in the expensive, time-consuming process and to be able to extend assistance to people that need it.

Why are we ridiculing a step to save taxpayer money and help those in need?

What is the alternative? Are we willing to tell people that once they have exhausted their resources with friends and family that the USA is going to let them starve or go homeless....all in the name of capitalism and bull### propaganda that tells us the USA is charitable?

"Go ahead and let your children starve! That's what you get for being a Marxist welfare queen that couldn't find a job!"

Stupid....absolutely and insanely stupid!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yep.

Try getting a disability check for injury time due to an on the job incident.

It's a total nightmare.

The social programs on the outside look good. However those that take assistance from the government very quickly learn how easy it is to abuse. Normally I would say whatever. Meh, people will try to get theirs when they can.

The flip side is that it's on the backs of the citizens who are already stuck for trillions. Why keep dolling out the goods to those who use it for the wrong reasons. Not all do. But most definitely do.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Can you explain how this helps tax payers, please?
edit on 28-8-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
When I was first diagnosed with cancer and had no medical coverage, I was able to get help from medicaid. If it wasn't for the cancer center, I wouldn't have known that I was eligable. I m not working and my husband is on disibility. Once I am done being treated for cancer though, my coverage ends. I'll have to see what I can do after that.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)
So, because of Obamacare you have no help???

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

This helps automate the application process.

How much do you think it costs to maintain a large building and hire enough people to meet the demand of hard economic times?

People can save their time, gas money and not have to drag their kids to the local welfare office to wait in line! They can apply online, the computer files it instead of a person having to enter it all in a computer and the website can answer questions that a real person may not have the time for.

No matter what, people need help! Would you rather they form a line at the office and then you and I pay for the resources needed to take care of it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join