It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestors at RNC will get Droned

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
you gotta love the name they have choosen for this machine.

WRAITH ; def
A ghost or ghostlike image of someone, esp. one seen shortly before or after their death.

So this will be the last thing you see before you die. Wait till major cities are full of these things rolling up an down the streets.

Anyway, the fact that they are now using a machine called the 'Wraith' in public areas is a little disturbing. Think about it. This is what they name something to keep the public under control. The 'Wraith' .

You have to wonder about where society is going when you see something like this turn up. Won't it be great when you can point out to your kids, Look! It's a wraith, you misbehave kids and it might kill you.

Of course any kid that has seen Harry Potter (which is most kids) will already know that a wraith is something to be scared of. Thats a handy coincidence ....eh?

When I see stuff like this I do wonder if we are already in hell.
edit on 28-8-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Dear yourmaker,

Thanks, that's a good point.

I think it's a difficult problem to analyze. Is every change a small erosion of liberties? It may be, or it may be an adaptation to changed circumstances and technologies. Is having a robot walking up and down the street significantly different from having a cop do it? Maybe, but I don't see it yet. I'm sure I wouldn't want my body assigned to the task of taking pictures of demonstrators while they were protesting by the thousands.

You're absolutely right that we have to watch out for loss of liberties, and I can think of a few. But, perhaps each case has to be analyzed on it's own.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

yeah the last thing the drone op will see is my apocalypse vehicle Ford f 350 with 35in thornbirds tire track....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey I got an idea. A bottle filled with gas and styrofoam, a rag and a lighter. Lets see how badass the little bugger is when it's frantically crashing into parking meters while aflame. Let off any gas. Mabe the fire will neutralize the effect.

They may be bullet proof but are they 25lb sledghammer proof? THat would be interesting too.

Homeland security is dumb as all hell if they think that when push comes to shove those little tinker toys wouldn't get ripped to shreds. Think they know the limits what humans will do to destroy something like this. I doubt it.

Also it's cute that it's armed with two 12 gauge shotguns. Lets see what it does when hit by a sabot shotgun round.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It's often not the truth that's so exciting, as the lies being promulgated are far more entertaining. A story from
The Daily Mail will trump the Tampa Bay paper 100 times to 1 simply because everyone loves to dream about how much fun it would be to destroy these falsely promised nasty machines.

Rise of the Machines Redux.
Gimmie some popcorn.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Also don't worry about the twin shotguns shooting 250 rounds a minute. Shotguns jam up like crazy after about 40 continuous shots. That thing wouldn't come close to being able to shoot of 250 rounds. What shot gun on earth will shoot 250 times without getting too gummed up and hot. I've never seen it happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I mean SOMEONE has to find out if those are bulletproof tires, now don't they?

Waste a bullet in that sh!t ?

Keep it simple, a nice brick right in the middle, let the pitbull play with that, flip it over like a turtle, throw a net on it....man, that thing is gonna offer unlimited fun.

Now...... if they wanna make it scary, make it 12 times bigger with a door in the belly and maybe 10 of those little critters inside ready to deploy. Call it "MAMADRONE".

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Oh, you're all getting worked up over nothing. The government just wants to make sure no one does anything wrong. People need to be kept safe and sometimes that means watching everything they do. As long as no one does anything wrong, they have nothing to worry about anyway. If you care about the drones then you most likely are doing something wrong or supporting it so that's all the more reason to have them.

/extreme sarcasm

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
obviously, to hack the critter and turn it on the enemy would be the best tactic imo.

no reason to waste such a fine weapon.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rainbowbear

Personally I like the net idea. Throw a net over it and see how it likes tumbling down craggy hillsides.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hmmm..

I wonder if the bravado talk about destroying these drones is really nervousness manifesting itself in macho talk to somehow lessen the impact of realizing that once again TPTB are making decisions that will alter our life for the worse and the feeling of helplessness that comes along with not really being able to stop it.

I don't know.. one thing is for sure though

It's a brave new world..

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm sure thats part of it. However, we do recognize what a statement these drone say about how the world is getting more and more 1984 every day now.

However don't underestimate the amount of people posting who are truly appalled by these machines purposes and risk for abuse. humans are still animals and if these little machines go on the assault on peaceful demonstrators they could easily enrage the crowd. Humans or not 150 enraged animals will do nasty things to these drones.

I think the creators of the drones are missing some obvious weaknesses in its design and that it will only serve to anger the crowd with their use. And some tear gas and rubber bullets aren't going to stop a revolution on some city hall doorstep from happening. Man, america is very close to what france was like before the French Revolution. When people get pushed to that degree stupid drones will only make things worse for anyone attempting crowd control. It will cause further riots instead. Mass violence and backlash at the powers that be. It's not something tptb should be inciting. They are offensive to human dignity and rights.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Also think about it. if they need to resort to drones then that means they have a distinct lack of manpower. They wouldn't last long in tomorrows battlefield if it were to take place via an american civil war/revolution. It's like the man behind the curtain in the wizard of Oz. sure he has neat gadgets but it's still just a few men trying to pull the strings.

Drones will not be a viable solution for them. Especially not little tinker toys like that Drone anti free speech machine that they just crapped out of some lab somewhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

wow
wouldnt it be awesome if anon or another hacker group
hijacked these babies
and gave their owners/renters a good taste of their own medicine

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Also think about it. if they need to resort to drones then that means they have a distinct lack of manpower.
Isn't another alternative that they don't want to subject human officers to risk of injury? And another alternative may be that they see this as a test run to determine bugs in the system. I wouldn't bet on a shortage of manpower as the only possibility.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Matrix anyone? Machines ruled in those movies. We are becoming increasingly mechanized.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Let's follow Ghandi when taking care of the robocops...

PEACEFUL MEANS!

Some colored smoke bombs to inhibit some vision, then firecrackers underneath fry some wires, so it dies quickly!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
lol, just kick that thing over, then pick it up and throw it. Or have a gas mask handy

lol I was thinking the same thing.

What do you suppose would happen if one "accidently" kick one over or runs over it?

Think they'd get arrested or fined for damages?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

This is what happens when the terror drones get used on people in the middle east, the next step is the domestic population.

You are aware that Obama ordered those drone hits and watches them on replay over and over right? Obama is a demoncrat. It's more likely the drones are for the people at the RNC who are anti-gay and anti-abortion people. Yeah baby killers would protest.
edit on 29-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostmymarbles

Originally posted by RealSpoke
lol, just kick that thing over, then pick it up and throw it. Or have a gas mask handy

lol I was thinking the same thing.

What do you suppose would happen if one "accidently" kick one over or runs over it?

Think they'd get arrested or fined for damages?

It would be considered an assault on a police officer, much like kicking or shooting a police dog.

Personally, I would think hacking the radio signal would be the best bet. Perhaps it's not even encrypted.
edit on 8/29/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join