It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone knows Freemasons are everywhere you look :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
But how many of you know they are almost everywhere you listen too?

If you've ever sang "Auld Lang Syne" or if you've ever listened to Mozart's Magical Flute, or hear his "Masonic Funeral Dirge" *Yep that's the title*. Or if you remember that up-beat bag pipey song in "Last of the Mohicans", that song is yep, a dirivative of a Scottish Bag Pipe song called "The Mason's Apron".

And if you've ever heard the dirge to which they played at John F. Kennedy's funeral, yep that's a Masonic Song too!

Have fun with site...a lot of good music, and you'll probably recognize a lot of it too.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
and very soothing music as well. I like to see the other side of Freemasonry, I know it's not ALL as conspiracy related as we think. But I'm still set in my ways for "personal" reasons about dark and light in Freemasonry..
Magestica

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
From experience I think the only Dark Side of Freemasonry are those Freemasons who never come to lodge, never care about what it means, and are greedy, everything basically a Mason isn't, they simply just disappear and pay their dues, pose as freemasons yet act like profains.

The brighter side is what Masonry I feel shows all who join, and why it truly is a brotherhood. For no king's head is higher than a peasants when it is laid down for the last time.

Masonry's greatest testiment to human goodness can be seen many times over. In the Civil War where even in death General Armistead was comforted by a Brother Union Captain Bingham, whom he gave to Bingham his Masonic Gold Watch, to give to General Hancock.

It can be seen in Cornwallis and George Washington, and even in Washington's dismisal rather than execution, of his Brother Benedict Arnold.

Masons from all "classes" come together and stay as equals, something few other organizations or societies have done, and indeed even in America class society has formed.

But not so in Masonry. Opinions may differ, but the brotherhood always pays its final respects, when it matters most.

Forgiveness is devine.

If you asked me, what's wrong with America today is there is no more forgiveness, you accidentally bump into your neighbor's mail post backing out of the driveway and they sue you for every penny you got.

It is afterall the "Zero Tollerance" policy of the High Schools that cause these school shootings.

A lot could be learned from Masonry, and you never have to join, to learn, as Morgan Freeman said in Bon Fire of the Vanities.

"Be decent people...be good people!".

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Actually here's a good site that depicts General Ambrose being comforted by his 'Brother' albiet a Union Officer.

www.us-civilwar.com...

www.us-civilwar.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Since I was a small child....I was a seeker of wisdom and knowledge. Ultimately I spent the time and money to join the Masonic lodge and went all the way up to 33 degree Scottish rite......and what I found? NOTHING!

From what I can read the money is the mainstay of their lodges and they do some wonderful things. Masons who advance to the third degree are excellent people and they are mostly all innocent of wrong thinking or doing...but to advance into the higher rites, one begins to see the signs of witchcraft and racial hatred.

If one has the money and time and the inclination to forge ahead to the point of them 'trusting' you, I can imagine from there that you will be moved up and into secret ranks.....and then, totally evil. But you must be corruptable, which I personally, am not.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bradentapes
Since I was a small child....I was a seeker of wisdom and knowledge. Ultimately I spent the time and money to join the Masonic lodge and went all the way up to 33 degree Scottish rite......and what I found? NOTHING!

Where did you receive the "33 degree Scottish rite?"

Just wondering.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

Where did you receive the "33 degree Scottish rite?"

Just wondering.

It has been a very long time since I left the Masons.....there are two different rites, the Scottish Rite ane the York rite. I may have the two mixed up in the number of degrees....but mine was Scottish. Got in Bowling Green, KY. And how old is your granmother?? : )

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It has been a very long time since I left the Masons.....there are two different rites, the Scottish Rite ane the York rite. I may have the two mixed up in the number of degrees....but mine was Scottish. Got in Bowling Green, KY. And how old is your granmother?? : )

Much like your attempt to portray yourself as something you're not.

There is no Valley Of Bowling Green in the Orient Of Kentucky.

www.srmason-sj.org...

And you could have never received the 33rd Degree in Kentucky either, as it is only conferred at the SRSJ Supreme Council in Washington, D.C.

BTW, the 33rd Degree is strictly and "Honorary" Degree and does not include or infer any occult knowledge or increased power, it merely signifies a member who has diligently labored for the Craft of the Scottish Rite.

The York Rite does not reference their Degrees by number.

Thanks for playing.

[edit on 20/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

And you could have never received the 33rd Degree in Kentucky either, as it is only conferred at the SRSJ Supreme Council in Washington, D.C.

Just a slight correction: Here in the Southern Jurisdiction, the 33° is often conferred locally. In fact, my Mother Temple conferred both the 33° and the order of KCCH on classes of candidates this past October.

However, behind every 33° member of the Rite are years of dedication and hard work. If this guy from Kentucky had really been a 33° member, there's absolutely no way he would have "mixed up" the Scottish and York Rites. I would strongly doubt that he's ever been a Mason, and would say that his claim to the 33° is demonstrably fictional.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by Masonic Light]

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Much like your attempt to portray yourself as something you're not.

There is no Valley Of Bowling Green in the Orient Of Kentucky.

www.srmason-sj.org...

BTW, the 33rd Degree is strictly and "Honorary" Degree and does not include or infer any occult knowledge or increased power, it merely signifies a member who has diligently labored for the Craft of the Scottish Rite.

The York Rite does not reference their Degrees by number.

Thanks for playing.

[edit on 20/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

Bradentapes, I recommend you check out the T&C of the site, pay particular attention to #1:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Wait. You 'went' to the 33rd degree, but thats an invite only one, you can't really count on going to it no?

Did you feel that there was nothing there when you got to the 33rd? Why did it take so long? What were you expecting to be different from the rest of masonry?

one begins to see the signs of witchcraft and racial hatred.

Such as?

moved up and into secret ranks.....and then, totally evil. But you must be corruptable, which I personally, am not.

And what has been your experience in this respect then? When did you get into the secret ranks?

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I WAS IN THE BOWLING GREEN KENTUCKY LODGE.

top topics

join