It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Delegates Claim 5 State Plurality & Will Nominate Ron Paul From Floor

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I still can't believe someone like Romney was elected as the Republican nominee. I'm sorry but I'm voting for Obama. I know he's not that popular in this site, but he's just better than Romney in every way possible. Romney is just doing and saying whatever he can just to get elected, he doesn't care about anyone or anything.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by japhrimu

I didn't meet him, but I did REFUSE to meet him back when he was running for governor. He was stumping in the restaurant I worked in. He looked even more fake and plastic in person than he did on TV, like an old, evil Ken doll. Everyone was lining up to shake his hand, and I refused. I wasn't even into politics at all back then; he just really gave off a bad vibe. So artificial. At least that hasn't changed about him!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
reply to post by milominderbinder

Have I been paying attention?

The Ron Paul r3VOLution is in the RepubliCAN Party, which is part of the liberty movement, but the liberty movement is not part of the Ron Paul r3VOLution.

Gary Johnson, while having similar ideas and who I feel is a better candidate than Romney is there for people who don't have the guts to follow Ron Paul or really don't understand the message and the movement. Johnson will be running right back to the GOP after November...mark my words!

So go ahead and vote GJ or cry for Ron Paul to go third party. That's exactly what the GOP wants.

This is not about Romney, Obama or making a statement. It's so much bigger than that.

This is about Restoring America to Constitutional Government.

Ron Paul is way smarter than you and me!

So, have you been paying attention?

Yeah...you're probably right about Gary Johnson going back to the GOP at some point...and you're DEFINITELY right about Gary Johnson not winning the election.

All the more reason to vote for the Libertarian Party...isn't it? It's only since WWII that we have had a two-party system across the board. Christ...the "republican" party THEMSELVES were originally a FOURTH major political party themselves. They called themselves the "Know-Nothing Party" (seriously) and went up against the Whigs, Federalists, and the Democratic-Republican party (Yes...Democrats and Republicans were once upon a time a SINGLE party).

Andrew Jackson split the Democratic-Republican Party and his Jacksonian Democrats became the modern Democratic Party whilst the upstart Know-Nothings latched onto a strong current of Nativism amidst the Irish immigration and joined up with the tattered remanants of those who didn't jump on Jackson's bandwagon. They became the "Republican Party" because they were the Republican half of the Democratic-Republican Party and admittedly the name "Know-Nothings" was just too damn easy to make fun of.

Besides...if the Liberty movement is actually going to be successful you are going to need Democrats as well. Whether you like it or not...you have a much better possibility of attracting republicans and democrats alike by offering a fresh start.

Last election I voted for Obama because I was appalled at Bush's illegal and unwinnable wars in the Middle East, the practice of tortue, and the erosion of civil liberties under the Patriot Act. Clearly...Obama was a bad choice so this time around I voted Ron Paul. However...even though I DID vote for Paul in my states primary...I have to admit...I almost vomited on my shoes in the polling booth when the realization that I was actually voting for a member of a political party that prizes ignorance as virtue and thinks that denying science is a utopian ideal.

How many votes did Paul NOT get simply because the "R" after his name conjures images of Sarah Palin not knowing what the hell she's talking about? I think there were A LOT of them. My wife was one of them, in fact....she voted for Obama again in the primary. It's not that she likes him...it's that she couldn't get herself past the Republican parties all-consuming fetish with who's doing what with their genitals and waving a bible around like a sh^tty TV evangelist every chance they get.

Sooner or later you get to the point where it just makes more sense to buy a new car instead of continuing to patch up the one that broken. What are you going to do...push for Rand Paul in 2016 only to have them pull the exact same sh^t again?

Me? I'm starting over. Your welcome to join me if you like...but I really can't see myself ever voting for a Demlican or a Republocrat again.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
RP supporters: Please give it up, you're like the girlfriend that got dump 3 months ago that still won't give up and acknowledge that he doesn't want anything to do with you. Even if you are the best girl for him...please stop, it's embarrassing.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

My thoughts exactly

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I thought for sure that RP would have gone all the way to the republican convention as a republican, and then go third party. Third party candidates never win nomination, this is because they go “start to finish” as a third party candidate. Not only would the Republican Party lose a boat load of their base to RP, but RP would also gain the independent voters and most of the Obama voters who will not vote for a republican, but would be will willing to vote for someone else. So what the HELL happened? All he would have had to do was go third party once he lost to Romney.

If RP was smart, he would let Romney win and then sign on as a third party candidate. Am I the only one who sees the logic in this?

edit on 29-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Well, I don't think he'll be able to run third party even if he wanted to. Listen to what Rocky Anderson has to say on the subject.
www.democracynow.org...

The GOP broke the Constitution party and they will likely go after Johnson as well.

ROCKY ANDERSON: Running for president of the United States. And the Republicans know that in Pennsylvania they can threaten people financially with ruination. When Ralph Nader was challenged by the Democrats, and they prevailed, they threw out thousands and thousands of signatures. They got an $81,000 personal judgment against Ralph Nader and executed against his bank account. His running mate, Peter Camejo, before he died, wrote out a check for $20,000—

ROCKY ANDERSON: —because they had the—to the Democratic Party for court costs. This is the cost of seeking to get on the ballot, to give people a real choice? Now the Republican Party has just done the same thing to the Constitution Party. Virgil Goode, their candidate, pulled out the other day because he didn’t want to face the prospect of upwards of $100,000 in attorneys’ fees if he lost.

The whole system is completely broken. It's rigged to ensure no one can split the vote.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
YOU MUST LISTEN TO THIS....

I put this thread together some time back about how RP would win the presidency. I just don't understand why he didn't go this route. HE WOULD HAVE BECOME THE NEXT PRESIDENT!!!

Or could it be that we're in for one BIG surprise!

Please watch the video... Start it off at 3:22

edit on 29-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliznut

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
The Republican party AND the Democratic party have rigged everything as long as I can remember. The travesty being played out at the convention, namely refusing to call out Ron Paul's votes at the roll call, have assured that most fervent Ron Paul supporters, including me, will write in Ron Paul's name in November. As another member has pointed out, the fact that Wolfy Blitz-her acts upset, is completely comical, since the MSM has ignored Ron Paul during the entire primary process.
It is ironic that the US screams when other nations hold rigged elections, when in fact, our election process is without a doubt as rigged as the old Soviet Union's elections.
I have no doubt that the re-election of Obama will continue the downward spiral of our economy, but replacing one crook with another is meaningless. Personally, I believe that our only hope is the awaited actions of the free militias of the various states.

Everyone needs to stop saying they're going to write in Ron Paul. Don't fracture an already fractured vote. Vote for Gary Johnson.

If everyone jumped of a building would you to? Judging by your statement I would say yes.....hope you can fly!!!

RON PAUL 2012!!!!

WRITE IN!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyNailer
RP supporters: Please give it up, you're like the girlfriend that got dump 3 months ago that still won't give up and acknowledge that he doesn't want anything to do with you. Even if you are the best girl for him...please stop, it's embarrassing.

BINGO.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Well, I don't think he'll be able to run third party even if he wanted to. Listen to what Rocky Anderson has to say on the subject.
www.democracynow.org...

The GOP broke the Constitution party and they will likely go after Johnson as well.

ROCKY ANDERSON: Running for president of the United States. And the Republicans know that in Pennsylvania they can threaten people financially with ruination. When Ralph Nader was challenged by the Democrats, and they prevailed, they threw out thousands and thousands of signatures. They got an $81,000 personal judgment against Ralph Nader and executed against his bank account. His running mate, Peter Camejo, before he died, wrote out a check for $20,000—

ROCKY ANDERSON: —because they had the—to the Democratic Party for court costs. This is the cost of seeking to get on the ballot, to give people a real choice? Now the Republican Party has just done the same thing to the Constitution Party. Virgil Goode, their candidate, pulled out the other day because he didn’t want to face the prospect of upwards of $100,000 in attorneys’ fees if he lost.

The whole system is completely broken. It's rigged to ensure no one can split the vote.

Excellent post. I read up on what happened to Nader and he really got screwed. He lost dozens of lawsuits and pretty much helped them to close every loophole and made running and winning as an Indie IMPOSSIBLE.

You guys have to realize...Ron Paul is a brilliant man with a plan. If he really thought he had any chance of winning Libertarian...which he did run as in 1988 or as an Indie, he would have!

Ron Paul's presidential run is over. His message all through the campaign was to change the GOP and make it even better than it was before the Neo-Con takeover. And yes it can be changed and yes, it is happening. And we can do this with hard work and determination. Why do you think he spoke to so many huge crowds at universities across the nation? He's enlightened millions of youth across America...tomorrows voters, delegates, and future office holders.

Ralph Nader wishes he had a Ron Paul r3VOLution!
edit on 8/29/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/29/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The republicans are crooks who are moving the goalposts. They are going to lose the Paul vote and lose the election pretty easily, the corruption has got to stop.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It's gonna be a rough four years ahead. With the choices for POTUS being either the Mormon Nutbag or the Chocolate Jesus, we lose either way.

Mitt has no ideas, and Obama has only got tired ideas from his first term that went nowhere.

2016! 2016! 2016! 2016! ....lol

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join