It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Delegates Claim 5 State Plurality & Will Nominate Ron Paul From Floor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Final Count

2061 to 202

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Motion to nominate now...

1 candidate for vice President...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wasn't on ATS for the 2008 election cycle, so can anybody tell me if people here cried conspiracy when Hillary lost to Obama?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I wasn't on ATS for the 2008 election cycle, so can anybody tell me if people here cried conspiracy when Hillary lost to Obama?

Hillary didn't lose. She gave up.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
SIGH... It's not how I woulda hoped, but it is how I truly expected... I hope this isn't over, save for an inspiring speech or two.

Why can they vote to not seat Maine? What if the delegates were sat northeast to southwest? Could Maine have voted everyone else off before they were on?

Here's a question for America: How can you guys not hear/realize that Mitt sounds like he's (Get ready for this run-on sentence!) pandering, reading, lying, a disconnected elitist who's friends only with owners of the teams and leagues that little kids WISH they could someday play on/in/for, or he's backtracking, flip-flopping, or trying to be as vague as possible, so you can't catch him in a lie? (I've been trying to pay attention to this political race.) I cant figure out why he hasn't given us any tax returns from before he knew he was gonna run for prez. (I can, but you know, the whole initial "benefit of the doubt" thing that we're all supposed to have in this country.) Can anyone tell me what any of his policies are? Other than the ones that are in favor of all that stuff WE don't like like bailouts, NDAA, TSA, etc... I've seen people ask him about policy in a very straight-forward manner and he replies something along the lines of, "Hoh! You're not gonna get me with that one! Haha." Again, that quote might not be an actual quote of Mitt's, but it is similar to one.

For the record, he might actually be a nice guy. I've never met him.

edit on 8/28/2012 by japhrimu because: Trying feebly to improve my grammar and content.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is encouraging. Romney's maneuvering may just cost too much in the long run, although I still doubt that very highly given what has happened in the past. Not enough people have woken to the truth about the two-party system and the other things of import, and that has always been the nagging reason for me doubting that Paul would get the nomination. I think some Republicans are waking up, but Democrats are just as bad for voting based on party and not position.

At this point I don't care if Paul was the anti-christ, because I know what will happen if Romney gets into office. Well maybe not the anti-christ, but you know what I mean. To be honest, I know more of what to expect from Romney than I do Obama, which is sad considering we've had 4 years of Obama, and that is the truth. Romney will be Bush all over again as far as values, but the cost to the American people is going to be even worse. That is hard to even imagine.

Whether or not Paul is out, I expect he doesn't have too much longer in politics, as he is getting up there in age. But with Paul it is obvious that he cares about Liberty and the people, and that is a rare quality in any politician imho.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Could Maine legally succeed, if they weren't seated at the DNC, either?

Why are there delegates for an incumbent, if the incumbent gets to choose who they are? Is that just like a formal invitation to the party's party? Stephen Colbert, if he ever decided to run, would probably keep vetoing incumbents and replacing them with each night's show's audience.

I wish I knew some of the celebs who are attending the conference. I'd make a joke about replacing the ones I don't like with the ones I do, or something to that effect. Oh well.

=)
edit on 8/28/2012 by japhrimu because: first line

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Isn't it over for Ron Paul yet ? All the MSM outlets are reporting Romney have been nominated as candidate

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
For the record, Paul got 6 states and should have gotten a floor nomination until the RNC decided on another last minute rule change. See, the GOP has lied, cheated, committed voter fraud and even used strong-arm tactics to keep Ron Paul from winning. Even the MSM had a hand in the biggest dis-info campaign in history.

Paul gets six petitions but falls short of having his name added to RNC ballot

I would like to give congrats to all the delegates who worked so hard against all odds. Your hard work WILL NOT BE IN VAIN!

To all the Romney supporters...I hope Ron goes Indie. I want to see Romney and the GOP handed the biggest embarrassment in election history! You all deserve it!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
For the record, Paul got 6 states and should have gotten a floor nomination until the RNC decided on another last minute rule change. See, the GOP has lied, cheated, committed voter fraud and even used strong-arm tactics to keep Ron Paul from winning. Even the MSM had a hand in the biggest dis-info campaign in history.

Paul gets six petitions but falls short of having his name added to RNC ballot

I would like to give congrats to all the delegates who worked so hard against all odds. Your hard work WILL NOT BE IN VAIN!

To all the Romney supporters...I hope Ron goes Indie. I want to see Romney and the GOP handed the biggest embarrassment in election history! You all deserve it!

Anythings possible LOL. I think though that Mr paul will finally give in and give mittens the votes so they can at least dethrone the king. Personally I do not care who it is other than Obama. The senate and congress are the actual power anyway.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Your New Owners are already picked out......youve all been sold to China for the LA Dodgers, and a controlling interest in the NY Mets.(Youve heard of the empty cities there havent you?)
It was a tossup between that and a couple of small uncharted islands in tropical clime.
George Soros is taking half and the rest is being broken up for scrap......
I weep for the gallant and desperate Paulites, who still even now plot some kind of comeback......
Theres no return journey on this flight...its all a one way street......The Party s over.........
The fight was a loser but the message will live on more strongly because of it...and you.....Thank you...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Gary Johnson should ask Ron Paul to be his VP. Johnson is going to be on the ballot in all 50 states. Funny how every single media station will only talk about Romney and Obama, the only difference between stations is one bashes the other. Not one word about the third party candidate who will also be on the ballot. I bet a whole bunch of people will be surprised to see a third person when they get to the voter booth. They should be asking themselves, "why didn't the media report about this guy? Why no mention of him at all?"

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
I've been waiting for this day for months. This is time for the Paul delegation to put up or shut up and I certainly don't think us Paul supporters are known for being quiet.

I was hoping we would see a floor contest and the fact that it's being planned is great news to me.

I believe Ron Paul is distancing himself (at least publicly) from this, as to not hurt Rand's opportunities within the party. I believe he's also doing it because he knows how smart and strong his grassroots support is and he believes they can handle it.

S&F my friend!

For these people to have any hope, Paul cannot distance himself from any of this activity, otherwise he/the movement should find a spiritual successor and retire from any kind of running for anything.

Rand is not his father; Ron prob. realizes this by now. Rand has nowhere near the resoluteness of his father, he's shown he will compromise on core principles (of the Ron Paul movement) to advance his career and has demonstrated that he is not of the mindset of the Ron Paul people.
edit on 8/28/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It's the House of Representatives and Senate who have the real power to make a difference. The Republican majority in the House is actually not bad, they attempt to get bills passed and even passed the audit of the Fed bill. It's Harry Reid and the Dems who keep shooting everything down. Nothing substantial has been done in years because of them. There have been bills passing through the House to redo the education system and to get manufacturing and jobs back in America...but Obama's Kronies and the Dems don't want any of it.

There's more "good" folk in politics than just Paul but not all of them run for president for you to notice.
edit on 28-8-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I had to give you a S&F just for your avatar. Now on to the serious stuff if you can call it that.

I won't watch any of this nonsense on the tube (don't own one) and I don't/won't follow it much on the net. The "why" if it interests anybody is this:

These are the last dying days of a once great republic. My wife and I were solid RP supporters until it looked like the man lost interest. At first I was angered. We donated money. Money we could have used elsewhere. But then, like a bolt, it came to me. Doctor Paul entered the race never believing he had a chance in hell of winning.

I truly believe that he had great intentions of changing the way a lot of us think about our nation, liberty and about ourselves but I really don't think that he ever thought he'd get close enough to really become president.

I then asked myself why the ruse, if it was a ruse? To me at least it became clear that once Dr. Paul saw that the office was his it dawned on him that the shadow people we all know are there behind the scenes pulling all the strings were never going to allow him to take office (lone nutted) or worse disgrace him for four years with a congress owned by the same scumbags making sure that not a damned thing he wanted or the country needed got done.

Dr. Paul knows what's going on in Washington. He knows whose pulling the strings. He knows they'll kill him without a second's hesitation. I can't, in all honesty, blame him for what he's doing. I just wish that he'd go public with it. I guess for some it would be reminiscent of Ross Perot and the lame excuse he used to drop out of the race. But, these are different days. People know down deep inside that this nation is not theirs' any more. They can stand the truth and maybe now's the time for some brutal truth.

To tell the truth I've lost interest myself. Watching Dr. Paul really drove it home for me. These are the days Orwell warned about. We're finished and Ron Paul knows it.

I really don't have a clue what these nuts think they're going to accomplish down in Tampa. If by some outrageous twist of events he got the nomination he'd refuse it. Mark my words here. It's over. It's over for Ron Paul, it's over for America and it's over for us. I sort of admire the ones who haven't figured this out yet and keep playing the game as though any of this still mattered. I kind of long for the days of innocence.

Reality bites. Before long it's going to start gnawing and it won't stop until there's nothing left. I wish that I'd been born twenty five years earlier so that I could have lived through the zenith and been dead before the Nazis took over. I'm not going to bother voting this time around. It has finally sunk in that the choice between two evils is still evil and I'll have no part of it. Red team, blue team- it all leads to the same place.

Good luck to all and may God have mercy.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul alot but his commets today really screwed up his sons' future.
You are better than that Ron

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Hillary didn't lose. She gave up.

>Implying hilary lost.

Think about it, take a look at her position in the white house. that doesnt look like losing to me. If anything she's the one controlling obamas decisions.

Ever wonder about that Monica Lewinsky scandal? I dont seem to remember Hilary crying over it. If anything that scandal gave her more power. And she just happens to try and run for president many years later. It was all a show to have public sympathy towards a woman who was "cheated" on.

These people know how to develope strategies to fool people, and it has worked.

As for the Main Topic. We all witnessed the election fraud right here on ATS, if anyone still has doubts by now, I feel sorry for you.
edit on 29-8-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
Gary Johnson should ask Ron Paul to be his VP. Johnson is going to be on the ballot in all 50 states. Funny how every single media station will only talk about Romney and Obama, the only difference between stations is one bashes the other. Not one word about the third party candidate who will also be on the ballot. I bet a whole bunch of people will be surprised to see a third person when they get to the voter booth. They should be asking themselves, "why didn't the media report about this guy? Why no mention of him at all?"

Star, Merlin! I said this before, and it bears repeating: as President of the Senate,
Dr. Paul would be a major steering force toward a positive direction. Don't confuse
this scenario with positivism and Dick Cheny-- sheesh whata ride. When bills come
up and the axle grease comes out, the man I would love to see enforcing the rules
in THAT nest of vipers is obvious. His voting record alone in the house gives me hope.
On the other hand 150 or so parts per million sodium flouride in the water... ARRgh.
"Who is this Gary Johnson ... ??"
"He's a spider" .... "Turtle ..." "Bull Moose ..." You know, somebody actually QUALIFIED.
That's why 'they' buried all these guys. Why can I hear Entwisle tuning up the FenderBird
again? This might indeed be the last song on our whole country's "What Next?" album.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
I like Ron Paul alot but his commets today really screwed up his sons' future.
You are better than that Ron

Rand endorsed Romney.

Think about that.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

Nope, Soros, Rockefeller and Rothschild are the power.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join