It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Go-Topless Day" in New York seeks equal rights to bare chests

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

The europeans are not so uptight about bare naked breasts and while they have their quirks I can't say thats caused any harm.

Europeans are as conservative as anyone else.

That's something a bit stereotypical to say, with all due respect.

If a woman at the beach, in a park or mowing the lawn wants to be topless so be it.

So, if a man wishes to leave "his meat drying in the sun", you are also okay with it? Even if that assumes that he is going to expose himself to children, women and other people who might not wish to see that?

Like I said previously, if people want to be naked, there are already several places where they can do just that. At home, at nudity places, etc...

You don't need to impose your "needs" on everyone else.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Like these results...

jackie chiles

edit on 28-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This happened years ago in Ontario, they got the right to go topless and no problem with that here for me or the wife.

Thing is you never see anyone topless unless they are visiting from Europe as they have no hang ups at all.

This issue was in the courts for a long time and cost a lot and then a lot of money.
My opinion is what a waste of money and what a waste of news papers for months on end yapping about topless this and topless that.

Link below
www.cbc.ca...

For those of you out of Province or Country for that matter, here in Ontario is has been the norm for I don't know how long to have completely nude strip bars and such.....

The whole protest on this subject is a waste of time in my opinion.
Kids today can see what they want when they want on the internet any time anywhere, I was restricted to trying to sneak a peak at my Fathers Playboy magazine and that was just to see a boob or two.

What I risked my life for back in the 60's can be seen on any prime time channel today.
I think that we are so desensitized to any stimulus such as violence and nudity it has no real effect anymore.

In my humble opinion this cannot end well.

Regards, Iwinder
S&F

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Genitals are a little different than breasts.

Breasts are nothing more than modified sweat glands surrounded by fat.

Look, I'm as conservativeas a person can be. But getting all worked up over breasts?

Then again, I'm a leg man myself.

edit on 28-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Males can't show their sexual organs in public. Does that mean that penises are objectified by society?

Yes...it does...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Genitals are a little different than breasts.

Breasts are nothing more than modified sweat glands surrounded by fat.

Both have sexual, or private connotation.

Look, I'm as conservativeas a person can be. But getting all worked up over breasts?

I'm not worked up, much less about breasts.

However, I don't like people waving the flag of "freedom fighting" while shouting "right's" that you already have. People don't walk around naked because they respect each-other, not because women don't have the right to do it.

Are people oblivious to the amount of nudity around us? The fact that we should all behave in public places has nothing to do with rights, or at least, the right to do anything you want.

That's my issue here. That people who don't know what true freedom is, want to distort it and paint mundane actions as freedom fighting.

Like I said multiple times in this thread, if people want to be naked, there are plenty of places where they can do just that, without anyone preaching respect to them.

Then again, I'm a leg man myself.

Curves, man... Those curves kill me.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Dude, don't be disrespectful...

What about the Obama monument?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Originally posted by Nyiah
Should we allow full nudity in public as opposed to partial (upper body) nudity, because one might be more comfy in the dog days of summer totally bare? No, not acceptable at all to go totally nude in public?

Actually, it's perfectly acceptable to me. We are far too "hung up" on shame and modesty in this culture, IMO. In the summer, I am at least half nude most of the time at home, even outside. But I understand that most of society doesn't accept it, so that's OK by me.

My point is the discrimination between female breasts and chunky man breasts. They look nearly identical, yet one is perfectly acceptable and the other is "taboo" in public.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Fineous says "hels yess!!!!"

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GarrusVasNormandy
Why are you associating freedom and equal right's with the "right" to show your breasts? Is that what freedom is to you? Is that your concept of liberty? To do whatever you want to do?

No. Men have the right to go topless. Women should have the same right. It shouldn't be illegal for one gender to do something that the other can legally do. It's an equality issue, IMO.

Males can't show their sexual organs in public.

Breasts are not sexual organs.

If you support women, you would side with real important issues regarding women. Same education access, equal payment for equal work, equal labour rights and special rights that include motherhood and giving birth. Equal opportunity of choice in all matters of life.

I do support those.
I also support the equal legal treatment of men and women, in all aspects of life.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Breasts are not sexual organs.

No, they arent but weve made them that way, men are "stimulated" by boobs and that wont change anytime soon.

I love boobies

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Let them be stimulated. They'll get over it.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Totally right...sorry for my lack of sensitivity and progressive thinking...

I agree on your entire take on this issue...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I think the first question everyone needs to ask themselves, that support this that is, would I support my 18 year old daughter, or granddaughter running around topless...

Having said that, I 100% support this, because it is a step forward in social evolution, and equal treatment for women in our society. Once the initial shock is gone, it will greatly dampen the objectification of womens breasts. Yes, they will still be taken into account by men, because it is part of the female form. I remember when it was a big deal that women showed their bare butts on the beach. Now not such a big deal. Did men stop looking at butts? No. But it isn't so shocking anymore to see them. Women will always be objectified somewhat, because they are indeed the fairer gender.

IMHO, even women who wouldn't walk around topless should support this. It's not perfect. But it's a start.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I absolutely agree.

Originally posted by Klassified
I think the first question everyone needs to ask themselves, that support this that is, would I support my 18 year old daughter, or granddaughter running around topless...

I think it's interesting that when most people (including me) talk about this, we say "running around topless" instead of "appearing in public topless". The words, "running around" almost imply a scoundrel attitude.

IMHO, even women who wouldn't walk around topless should support this. It's not perfect. But it's a start.

Yes, I actually wouldn't go topless in public. Just because of my own insecurities, but when I was 20? I practically did!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That is an excellent point BH. And for some, you would probably be right about it sounding scandalous. But from an old man like me, it's just an expression.
I have believed in a womans right to be seen and treated as equals in our society for many years. To me, it can only help our civilization.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I dunno. Just like men. Some women should not go around topless. Also can we make a rule that my neighbor who weighs in at 300+lbs has to stop walking around the neighborhood with skin tight vinyl pants. First it's summer and that has got to be hot and uncomfortable. Second. They don't look like pants they look like stretched out black trash bags sewn to your waist. Stop it. You live across from an grade school, you're confusing the kids.

But back to the topic. Although I would love to see some women with their tops off. Half of them I would not. Not all breasts are pretty breasts.

And about those NOT so pretty breasts: You're standing in line somewhere with a lot of people. There's something poking you in the back. Poking. Poking.

You turn around to find it's the naked boobs of Susan Boyle. nnnNNNNOOOOOO!!!!!!! lol

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I am reminded of what Ron White would say:

Some friends of mine asked me if I wanted to go to a strip club, and I didn't... want to. 'Cause, back me up on this, fellas: once you've seen one woman naked, you... wanna see the rest of 'em naked.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Women fought to legalize barring their breasts in public in Ontario and won. I seen like 3 pairs of boobs out in public since this passed years ago. I thought it was a great idea. I'll take the good with the bad. I get the feeling that the whole ordeal was more about fighting just for the sake of fighting rather than any equal rights mumbo jumbo. I like boobs a whole bunch and really wished this caught on a lot better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join