It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything is going to be alright.. But NOT without your actions...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I realized this morning that for about a year now I have been reading and watching mostly negative things about the events around the world and that the future is not looking any better than the reality we live in today. Some days I feel like nothing good is going my way, and it makes my day really depressing. But some days I stumble upon some good news and it makes my day fun. I guess that is how I came across The Law of Attraction. The negative things led me to it ? It's really confusing isn't it?

This law of attraction thing sounds like nothing more than positive thinking, and the ability to find good in every situation we run into on a daily basis. But apparently there are people that take this thing too seriously and begin to believe that there is no need to worry about anything at all, I met one of them yesterday. Multiple website teach this Law of Attraction theory by telling people to stop accepting reality completely and start living in an imaginary world. As if [You didn't really loose your job, or you didn't really loose your house, or you really don't have that life threatening disease.]

Anyway I figured out that this “law” is somewhat true, but People Please don't think that it's a fact of life that you can imagine things into or out of you life. You need to see a doctor if something is bothering you, You need to look for a job if you are unemployed and can't afford to buy food for yourself and your family. If you can't make those payments you will loose those things regardless of what you imagine. Use this 'Law' responsibly. Think positive about your job interview, think positive that you will get healthy if you treat your symptoms.

I realized that I got confused about my own reality and as much as I wish everything was perfect unfortunately it is not. Wishing will not pay my bills. Maybe the Universe is really our source of all things, but I can't find the door to that abundance as of yet. I decided that I will find that door and I will see that it's true. I'm gonna use the Law of Attraction to understand that Law of Attraction. also very confusing, i know.

Many people are in trouble one way or another, I'm one if them. But everything is going to work out for me and you.
Just do something about it, Please !

Here's more confusing [or maybe not confusing at all, I don't know yet] quotes --

Cease negative mental chattering. If you think a thing is impossible, you'll make it impossible. Pessimism blunts the tools you need to succeed.
Bruce Lee

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
Gautama Buddha

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we make the world.
Gautama Buddha

The ill effects of thought come about when we forget that thought is a function of our consciousness.. an ability that we as human beings have. We are the producers of our own thinking.
Richard Carlson

The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
Carlos Castaneda

The kind of commitment I find among the best performers across virtually every field is a single-minded passion for what they do, an unwavering desire for excellence in the way they think and the way they work. Genuine confidence is what launches you out of bed in the morning, and through your day with a spring in your step.
Jim Collins

Traditional thinking is all about "what is" Future thinking will also need to be about what can be.
Edward de Bono

Lateral thinking is concerned not with playing with the existing pieces but with seeking to change those very pieces. It is concerned with the perception part of thinking. This is where we organise the external world into the pieces we can then ‘process’.
Edward de Bono

Complacency with our traditional judgement based thinking methods is not enough. Our existing thinking habits are excellent just as the rear wheel of a motor car is excellent but not enough. We need to put far more emphasis on creative and design thinking. Judgement and analysis are not enough.
Edward de Bono

If your thinking is sloppy, your business will be sloppy. If you are disorganized, your business will be disorganized. If you are greedy, your empoyees will be greedy, giving you less and less of themselves and always asking for more.
Michael Gerber

Love is the biggest eraser there is. Love erases even the deepest imprinting because love goes deeper then anything. If you childhood imprinting was very strong, and you keep saying: "It's their fault. I can't change," you stay stuck.
Louise Hay

Explain to people that everything they say is an affirmation. Everything they think is an affirmation. Everything! What you want to do is to get control of what you are saying and thinking, so these things bring you good experiences in life rather than rotten experiences.
Louise Hay

Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches.
Napoleon Hill

Because I'm thinking in a broader way, I feel like I am able to make better decisions.
Takafumi Horie

We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.
Vince Lombardi

College totally changed my life. It changed what I believe and what I think about everything. I majored in philosophy.
Steve Martin

Always think outside the box and embrace opportunities that appear, wherever they might be.
Lakshmi Mittal

We both (He and Warren Buffett) insist on a lot of time being available almost every day to just sit and think. That is very uncommon in American business. We read and think. So Warren and I do more reading and thinking and less doing than most people in business. We do that because we like that kind of a life.
Charlie Munger

Nobody talks of entrepreneurship as survival, but that's exactly what it is and what nurtures creative thinking.
Anita Roddick

I found that when you start thinking and saying what you really want then your mind automatically shifts and pulls you in that direction. And sometimes it can be that simple, just a little twist in vocabulary that illustrates your attitude and philosophy.
Jim Rohn

Your mind is an instrument, a tool. It is there to be used for a specific task, and when the task is completed, you lay it down. As it is, I would say about 80 to 90 percent of most people's thinking is not only repetitive and useless, but because of its dysfunctional and often negative nature, much of it is also harmful. Observe your mind and you will find this to be true. It causes a serious leakage of vital energy.
Eckhart Tolle

Internal and external are ultimately one. When you no longer perceive the world as hostile, there is no more fear, and when there is no more fear, you think, speak and act differently. Love and compassion arise, and they affect the world.
Eckhart Tolle

A major stimulant to creative thinking is focused questions. There is something about a well-worded question that often penetrates to the heart of the matter and triggers new ideas and insights.
Brian Tracy

The worst things in history have happened when people stop thinking for themselves, especially when they allow themselves to be influenced by negative people. That’s what gives rise to dictators. Avoid that at all costs. Stop it first on a personal level, and you will have contributed to world sanity as well as your own.
Donald Trump

I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big.
Donald Trump

We think about all of our tomorrows, but we don't know how many there are, so let's start making the most of our Todays!
Ivana Trump

It's not just the emotional, intellectual, and physical gaps between you and money. The real gap is always between what you think you want and what you actually want, deep down.
Stuart Wilde

Each moment of our life, we either invoke or destroy our dreams. We call upon it to become a fact, or we cancel our previous instructions.
Stuart Wilde

Positive things happen to positive people.
Sarah Beeny

When you live your life with an appreciation of coincidences and their meanings, you connect with the underlying field of infinite possibilities.
Deepak Chopra

To me every hour of the day and night is an unspeakably perfect miracle.
Walter Chrysler

Whatever qualities the rich may have, they can be acquired by anyone with the tenacity to become rich. The key, I think, is confidence. Confidence and an unshakable belief it can be done and that you are the one to do it.
Felix Dennis

Leaders need to be optimists. Their vision is beyond the present.
Rudy Giuliani

Miracles never cease to amaze me. I expect them, but their consistent arrival is always delightful to experience.
Mark Victor Hansen

I dreamed impossible dreams. And the dreams turned out beyond anything I could possibly imagine. You know, from my point of view, I'm the luckiest cat on the planet.
Hugh Hefner

You stay in touch with the boy who dreamed impossible dreams.
Hugh Hefner

I'm an optimist. I've always believed the future is going to be better than the past. And I also believe I have a role in that. The great thing about human beings, myself in particular, is that I can change. I can do better. If you can get up every day, stay optimistic, and believe the future is better than the past, those few things get you through a lot of tough times.
Jeffrey Immelt

If I regarded my life from the point of view of the pessimist, I should be undone. I should seek in vain for the light that does not visit my eyes and the music that does not ring in my ears. I should beg night and day and never be satisfied. I should sit apart in awful solitude, a prey to fear and despair. But since I consider it a duty to myself and to others to be happy, I escape a misery worse than any physical deprivation.
Helen Keller

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi

Turks have a dismissive phrase: he works like a clerk. I have turned this insult around: I am proud to say that I work like a clerk.
Orhan Pamuk

You don't have to be the biggest to beat the biggest.
Ross Perot

An enterprising person is one who comes across a pile of scrap metal and sees the making of a wonderful sculpture. An enterprising person is one who drives through an old decrepit part of town and sees a new housing development. An enterprising person is one who sees opportunity in all areas of life.
Jim Rohn

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
J. K. Rowling

An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while the pessimist sees only the red stoplight. The truly wise person is colorblind.
Albert Schweitzer

The rich get richer. Not only because they have surpluses with which to invest, but because of the overriding emotional release they experience from having wealth.
Stuart Wilde

Whatever we think about and thank about, we bring about. - John Demartini

Be thankful for what you have, you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never ever have enough. - Oprah Winfrey

The happiest people in this world are those who have the most interesting thoughts. - William Lyon Phelps

You want to become aware of your thoughts, you want to choose your thoughts carefully and you want to have fun with this, because you are the masterpiece of your own life. - Joe Vitale

When you visualize, then you materialize. If you've been there in the mind you'll go there in the body. - Dr Denis Waitley

I will see it when I believe it. - Dr Wayne Dyer

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney

Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success. - Joyce Brothers

Beware what you set your heart upon, for it surely shall be yours. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The future is not some place we are going, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made. And the activity of making them changes both the maker and their destination. - John Schaar

The thing always happens that you really believe in, and the belief in it makes it happen. - Frank Loyd Wright

Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be. - James Allen

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. - Denis Waitley

Picture in your mind a sense of personal destiny. - Wayne Oates

The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. - Oprah Winfrey

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is. - Albert Einstein

What this power is, I cannot say. All know is that it exists. - Alexander Graham Bell

Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions. - Albert Einstein

edit on 28-8-2012 by maxella1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
When was the last time you volunteered at a homeless shelter, soup kitchen, food bank?

Your thread speaks volumes of actions, but what have you done to make the world a better place?

EXPLAIN

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sulie
When was the last time you volunteered at a homeless shelter, soup kitchen, food bank?

Your thread speaks volumes of actions, but what have you done to make the world a better place?

EXPLAIN

I chose a career in the field of helping people, and I'm really good at it. But I never volunteer for anything, I get paid for my service. I'm not a saint or perfect in any way. I posted this because I became concerned about person I met who is in a situation very similar to the one I'm in, and this person believes in the Law of Attraction so much that he thinks it will fix itself. And I realized that his beliefs are just like mine, and it scared me a little.

I'm one of the people I posted this for.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Hi there, I enjoyed reading your post and thought I'd share a bit of my own experience with the LoA:

The law of attraction is probably the single topic that caused me to begin searching for the hidden realities in life. Years later I sit here and look back at how I actually mistook the purpose it had in my life, and how I actually don't agree with it at all.

Don't get me wrong, it works. It really does, but not in the way I had hoped. The main thing it did was to force me to confront all the thing I considered being a 'success' should entail. (be it success in spiritual matters, business, love etc... )
To put it another way, the law of attraction was like a torch-light and I was always fixated on the beam rather than observing the shadows it cast.

Ask a person what they would wish for if they had one wish to be granted. You could tell a lot about that person through what they are wishing for, because the question brings up stagnant thought of what they don't like about their life. You know what I mean?
And that is my main hindrance towards the LOA, because the mere practice of entertaining the idea is the very thing which creates the 'lack-of' in our mind.

That is why I enjoyed your post, because i feel you focused on the idea of action. See, when everything in our lives just is, there is nothing left to do besides act. And any action which springs from a heart which is fully attentive, is an action which is just the right thing to do at just the right time. And that is where I feel true success currently lies.

Thank you for sharing your post, and I'm now going to go read through all those quotes

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by adrift

See, when everything in our lives just is, there is nothing left to do besides act. And any action which springs from a heart which is fully attentive, is an action which is just the right thing to do at just the right time. And that is where I feel true success currently lies.

That makes sense.. I realized that I got to the point of ignoring things that require urgent attention. Somehow I got myself to believe that the problems would disappear if I ignore them.

But I only realized it because I noticed how silly it sounds when somebody told me that this is the exact thing he is thinking. I found myself giving advise to this person and telling him that this is a bad idea, and then it hit me-- [oh crap I'm doing the very same thing I'm telling him not to do].

But I have to admit that the feeling of anxiety that came over me after I had that conversation did not exist when I ignored the negative things.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
so many of OUR different personas! C the colored lights!

new topics

top topics

join