Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Wow, I'm watching Condi Rice give a speech...and she is a horrible speech giver.
No wonder she didn't want VP...it's very uncomfortable watching her...I fell like I'm watching SNL.
I very much disagree. I've always thought her a great speaker. very charismatic and smart. She comes across as a person you'd not want to face on the
other side of a debate table. She'd eat most of us and most anyone politician alive.
Like I say, I call it like I see it. I've always thought Condi was brilliant. Her academic pedigree sure bears it out. Did you compared to all other
speakers so far, she makes them all seem lightweights? The woman wears so much gravitas it drips from her dress. She makes the rest of the Right seem
to be petty children.
Now I don't think she was a very good Sec of State or NatSec Advisor before that. Also, she was considered one of the world's top Russia experts, but
she got Putin all wrong. Her ideas about Iraq were disastrous (she was an ardent supporter as NatSec and internally battled then Sec State Colin
Powell who did not want war there. Powell left and Condi took his place.
But America has a very short attention span and few Americans really what's happening, so most probably don't even know what her roles were, much less
her actions. For that reason, I think she would have been the best VP pick, for the following reasons:
1. She's a boot strapper. She came from very humble roots and made herself.
2. She's a brilliant academic (Standford Ph.D), counting the arguably accurate meme that most on the Right these days are science denying ignoramuses.
3. She's black, so she'd have taken a very sizable percentage of that vote.
4. She's a woman, so she would have erased the women gap (currently at 10% between O and Romney
5. She has foreign policy chops. Romney is an idiot there. Ryan knows nothing about it either.
6. She actually puts California in electoral reach, since she was a respected professor there and can claim some roots in CA.
Now, she's also unmarried, without kids. She'd have had to explained that on some level. Maybe she is gay, who knows, but it would hurt her on the
My guess for her now? She takes a CEO role over the next 4 years because she has no real private sector experience and needs to round that out. Then
runs for president in 2016 (Romney will lose this cycle). She runs against a white male Dem or Hillary. If Hillary is her opponent, we have a battle
between giants. If she runs against a white male, she very well could win.
That's my opinion, for what its worth.
edit on 29-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)