It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Republican National Convention Discussion

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I wonder if the USA will ever let go of the two party system and acquire a real democracy..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
To me Biden says human things.
Instead of being All restricted and PC - - - he speaks from a personal thought position.
Yeah - - it gets him in trouble. But - I find it refreshing.

That's how republicans feel about Chris Christy.

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Generic white republican guy is now talking.

... and yet when a hispanic (Rubio) or a black (Alan Keyes, Mia Love) speak, all you get from the left is that the republicans are racist for allowing those people to speak. That the republicans just put them forward because those people, supposedly having no talent or abilities, are just there for show.

Damned if they do and damned if they dont'.

Originally posted by jam321
Words coming from a rich woman. Sorry Ann, I just can't relate and I don't think you got your message across.

Obama is rich. Are you somehow able to relate to him??
Guess that (R) and (D) after there names does make a difference ... eh??

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

That about sums it up.
With Romney selected as their man, the Wall Street criminals get a second term

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
It's a crying shame that the GOP is mostly boring white guys but they make it abundantly clear that they don't particularly care for minorities. And minorities don't particularly care for the GOP. Now why do you think that is

Do you REALLY want to go there? Really? Okay ..... read below.

The Republican party is over 90% white...and they tend to be very very boring.....

- Boring is subjective. That's an opinion.
- The Democrats have BOUGHT the minority vote with entitlements.
- The Democrats have brainwashed minorities into thinking that being dependent on entitlements given to them by democrats means that the democrats care more than republicans. The TRUTH is that neither the republicans nor the democrats are the 'caring' party. There isnt' a 'caring' party.

But this is what you get when you base your Convention around hate and division.

Like the left is ohhhh so tolerant, right? Comeon ... the left hates the right just as much as the right hates the left. Ellen Barkin wants everyone at the RNC dead . The left and the right both have idiots. Will you acknowledge this truth when the DNC does their thing?

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have just one question. Since I'm an outsider and don't know jack about your election policies. Did I read that right?

At the convention, voting is done by acclamation???

And the chairman decides to adopt rules based on who's louder????

omg....omg...omg...

I'm feeling very depressed about his whole thing. Makes me wanna emigrate to Mars.

Good luck America...you're going to need much of it.

edit: people of America that is....
edit on 29-8-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

They do create jobs. We need those too. It takes thousands of background workers to put on any kind of convention.
reply to post by Annee

Once every four years, they create some jobs. Give me a break. That is a lame excuse for holding a meaningless display of bravado.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
As expected... I see no coverage of the DNC. Fitting for a site full of leftists. I would be more worried with what Obama would do with unchecked power going into another term. Just saying..

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros
I wonder if the USA will ever let go of the two party system and acquire a real democracy..

The USA is not a democracy, we are a Republic. With that said, the problem I have with the 2 party system is that it can only be a 2 party system. The libertarian or green party isn't represented. I think that is the real problem that we are often limited (by design) on our choice.

Still, I'd like to hear your thoughts on what could replace the current traditional party system. If you're going to call for change you should atleast expand on how it could be changed.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I have just one question. Since I'm an outsider and don't know jack about your election policies. Did I read that right?

omg....omg...omg...

I'm feeling very depressed about his whole thing. Makes me wanna emigrate to Mars.

Good luck America...you're going to need much of it.

edit: people of America that is....
edit on 29-8-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

As another outsider.

USA the leaders of the free world, not any more. Not in the slightest!

A Democracy? No, it is something else! Something evil based on greed and a grab for power.

If I was an American, I would be embarrassed. What do you think that the rest of the world leaders will make of this?

Democracy is dead! RIP.

P

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't know why anyone would vote for a party that does't have enough foresight to not schedule the convention in southern Florida, during the height of hurricane season.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

You wouldn't want a real democracy. The founding fathers picked a republic for a good reason. In a democracy, the majority will overwhelm and make decisions for the minority.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by rhinoceros

You wouldn't want a real democracy. The founding fathers picked a republic for a good reason. In a democracy, the majority will overwhelm and make decisions for the minority.

Yes, your right. But what do you have now! It is not a Republic! It is a country ruled by Corporations who know only two things, Greed and Power. I sometimes think that George Lucas saw this coming.

We need a few Jedi Knights and don't forget to bring Chewbacca along.

P

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I just can't get my head around it.

Is the whole world gone mad ?!?! What the hell is this...

I fear the end is near....and it rimes. This can not go on forever. Those fools don't realize, without us "ants", there will be no one to govern, no one to steal from. If a working man in a factory stops working, we are all doomed.

I fear...there is no way a peaceful revolution is possible any more. There will be blood...all over the world. Those white collar maniacs don't seem to get it. They would drown in their own sh*t if it wasn't for the "ants".

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

off topic a bit:

Your signature is vaguely familiar to me....please remind me....

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

History is on my side.

And history is on my side that Conservatives are extremely racist in general.

Go ahead and bury your head in the sand and just pretend it was a plant...I love how whenever someone from a group does something, the other people of that group try to claim they are a plant.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

and yet when a hispanic (Rubio) or a black (Alan Keyes, Mia Love) speak, all you get from the left is that the republicans are racist for allowing those people to speak. That the republicans just put them forward because those people, supposedly having no talent or abilities, are just there for show.

Damned if they do and damned if they dont'.

Did I ever say that???

The fact is that the Republican party is over 90% white...and yes they do use the few minorities they have as tokens and parade them around like they are the norm for the party.

And let me be clear, that is a knock on the Republican party...not on the minorities that get to speak. I'm glad they get to speak and share their story...but they are being used by the Republican party to say "hey look at us...we are diverse".

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

- Boring is subjective. That's an opinion.

Are you saying all these speakers were subjective...you got to be kidding me.

- The Democrats have BOUGHT the minority vote with entitlements.

And I'm sure you don't see the racism in your statement. You are implying that all minorities get hand outs and only vote for Democrats because they want free stuff. You know....those lazy minorities

- The Democrats have brainwashed minorities into thinking that being dependent on entitlements given to them by democrats means that the democrats care more than republicans.

Straight out of the GOP talking points.

Maybe minorities, even the ones that are no longer poor (yes, they exist), see just how much the social safety net has helped out their family and has allowed them to crawl out of poverty and succeed. Maybe they realize that without it, they or their family may still be poor, or worse dead. Maybe they realize that even though they are not in need of that safety net anymore, that there are many people that are still in need of it.

Or, just go ahead and call them all lazy freeloaders...and then wonder why they don't vote Republican.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Well technically...if the acclamation vote isn't easily distinguished...the chairman is supposed to call for a roll call vote.

But, that rarely happens and so they use acclamation to pass whatever they want on the convention floor.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
As expected... I see no coverage of the DNC. Fitting for a site full of leftists. I would be more worried with what Obama would do with unchecked power going into another term. Just saying..

The Democrat National Convention isn't for another two weeks.

Can't cover what isn't happening yet....just saying.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Are you saying all these speakers were subjective...you got to be kidding me.

No. I said YOUR OPINION that they were all boring is a subjective one.

-nd I'm sure you don't see the racism in your statement.

It's not racist. It's true. Democrats buy votes with entitlements. And then they make entitlements a way of life. People become dependent upon the government. they then continue to vote democrat in order to continue their dependency. Black or white. creating dependency upon the gov't = voting democrat.

-Straight out of the GOP talking points.

Ahhhh ... but it's true.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join