It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Republican National Convention Discussion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For all the political geeks out there like me that will be watching most of the Republican National Convention...I thought I'd create a thread for general discussion of what is going on at the Convention.

You can watch the entire convention on CSPAN and they have it streaming link below.

I've been watching it today...so far pretty dull. One thing I look forward to at these conventions are the goofy hats everyone wears...but as of yet...nothing.

So feel free to make comments, post any pics or videos you find interesting from the Convention, or give notice of important speakers/events.

Links:
CSPAN Live Streaming
Official Convention Schedule
edit on 28-8-2012 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
One thing I did find odd was that I was watching the coverage on Fox News earlier, they have their desk right in the convention hall. And when they were playing the national anthem...the anchors didn't stop broadcasting or talking...they just kept talking over the national anthem. You could see people in the crowd turning and looking at them like "What the hell?". I just found it odd that they seem to be so patriotic on Fox News and they would just talk right over the National Anthem.

So far, that is the only interesting tidbit I've noticed.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Looks like the RNC is working overtime on keeping the Paul delegates on the bus and off the convention floor while they change their rules...again
What a complete joke this charade is. The Republican Party will get exactly what it deserves, 4 more years of Obama. Democracy is dead in this country, it's been replaced by jackbooted thug tactics. Welcome to the Fourth Reich.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Thx for the link OP I will be checking in occasionally today.

As to the point of why fox news would speak over the National Anthem I would ask this. At what point in their history has fox news ever shown any concern for our country that diddnt directly effect their bottom line?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Democracy Not Foundn with GOP! Bring on RON PAUL!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

I agree... I was watching the ABC feed, all the while they were playing the National Anthem, the panel was speaking... I was a bit disgusted by that show of disrespect.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by danimaltex
reply to post by coven83

I agree... I was watching the ABC feed, all the while they were playing the National Anthem, the panel was speaking... I was a bit disgusted by that show of disrespect.

Yeah...I just happened to be watching Fox News...I was curious if other networks did the same thing. Even for baseball games, the announcers stop talking when the national anthem is being sung.

Personally...I don't really care...but I would think the flag waving patriots that watch Fox News that this would be a huge deal for them. I mean...they almost had a heart attack because Obama didn't put his hand over his heart...ONE TIME.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm really trying to watch this...but wow...it is really really boring so far....and the audience is rather small. I know most people don't show up until the evening to see the big name speakers...but I'm wondering if Isaac is going to keep the attendance low this year.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have high expectations...when it comes to comedy value

Why?

That's why:

Expect an endless cycle jerk of bigotry, fear mongering, and blatant ignorance of facts.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
I have high expectations...when it comes to comedy value

Why?

That's why:

Expect an endless cycle jerk of bigotry, fear mongering, and blatant ignorance of facts.

That poster is both amusing and depressing at the same time...
edit on 28-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm really trying to watch this...but wow...it is really really boring so far....and the audience is rather small. I know most people don't show up until the evening to see the big name speakers...but I'm wondering if Isaac is going to keep the attendance low this year.

How about Lack of Interest keeping attendance low

Honestly - - I don't think that many Republicans support Romney.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I am enjoying the cute blonde in the red dress that they keep showing when the band is playing!
Other than that, not so much......

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
LOL they're playing a Boy George song at the Republican convention, I doubt it's with his permission. Pretty funny considering we all know what the neocons think about gays..

Just sayin!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Great idea I am here!

I did notice that the music is very dull and not uplifting at all. Weird choices really.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Can I get pissed off now or do I have to wait until this farce is over? Massive fraud a going on right in front of our very own eyes. That vote sure seemed really close to me yet they just ignored it and went along their business.

I hope this goes badly for all those lying, thieving, cheating frakkers.

What's that line from Star Wars? "This is how democracy dies, to thunderous applause", or something to that effect. Now we get the rules, lets see them lie their way through this.

Did anyone agree with that vote? Did that really happen? I'd swear that was as close a yay/nay that I've ever heard and they just went along and ignored the nays, passing their fraudulent rules. I don't know how much more I can watch, I'm already yelling and screaming at the monitor. Gonna lose my voice soon.
edit on 8/28/2012 by TheLoony because: Because I'm ticked off

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

You are correct. I think that vote was too close to call. They should have voted again, but as you said, they just went on like it didnt matter, which to them it doesnt. This whole voting thing on the left and the right means nothing anymore.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yeah...I just happened to be watching Fox News...I was curious if other networks did the same thing. Even for baseball games, the announcers stop talking when the national anthem is being sung.

At least for baseball games, the announcer would be drowned out by all the booing during the national anthem. Of course they are not booing the anthem, but the terrible singers that always seem to destroy the song.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
as a left leaning centrist, i can't wait for joe arpaio to speak on the main podium at the convention...he has such insite:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
and my favorite:
www.youtube.com...

the perfect guy to represent the GOP...and he gets to speak to tens of millions of american people on their behalf

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

Thanks. At least I'm not losing it, my perception is still ok.

I quit drinking seven years ago. Haven't even had a craving until now. I could really use a beer to calm me down. Boy, after all this, I'm gonna be a insane madman.

Absolute fraud, right out in the open. How these people can sleep at night is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Did anyone agree with that vote? Did that really happen?

I'm waiting for the reviews and recaps.

I usually wait for those.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join