It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial Division Continues: Karl Rove counting on ‘white Democrats’ to vote for Romney

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Karl Rove counting on ‘white Democrats’ to vote for Romney

You won't see this topic carried on Fox "News", that's for certain:

Republican strategist Karl Rove says that part of Mitt Romney’s plan to win the White House has to include getting “white Democrats” not to vote for President Barack Obama.

From the Atlantic: Karl Rove on the Defection of White Democrats

"Bush's brain" offers some casual remarks that reveal just how much this campaign is implicitly about race.

And I said, 'Mitch, is there a white Democrat south of Indianapolis who's supporting Obama who's not a college professor in Bloomington?' [Laughter] And he stopped for a minute over his green beans and says, 'Not that I can think of.'

You know, Indiana's gone.

Maybe GOP strategists should focus on implementing policies that aren't so skewed to one demographic / income level, instead of trying to create such divisiveness.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

An obvious goal because the race card was played and all blacks are voting for Obama that only leaves whites and Hispanics to be pulled to vote for Mittlor.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Republican analyst, or Rhino analyst, or not a Republican, yet the analyst on them for this show?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

But if a black host said they are counting on "black democrats" to vote for Obama it's just another day right?

Guess what... People ARE different colors, and that influences their tendencies, every time a white person uses the words "white, black, latino, etc." doesn't mean their a racist...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
GOP economic policies simply screw over the working middle class and the poor. It only rewards those at the very top. Minorities tend to be in the lower economic classes, hence, they are disproportionately negatively affected by GOP policies of "trickle-down" theory.

Rove is only admitting what the GOP has long known - because of their economic policies they were never going to appeal to minority voters, and now they are openly admitting to abandoning them to chase after strictly the white voter.

If you thought Romney carrying 0% of the black vote was bad before, this comment by Rove will really bury any chances the GOP had of getting even a tiny portion of the black vote.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oxykerfluffle

Because the majority of the black population have been trained to be racist and the democrats are the trainers. Eventually the thought process will change and everyone will see Obama and his cronies as the uncle Toms they are.

Take Herman Cain and the lefts fear of him that they fabricated wave after wave of claims that ruined his image whether they were proved false or true. Had he been a democrat the race card would have been played and that he was being attacked because of his skin color...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Because the majority of the black population have been trained to be racist and the democrats are the trainers. Eventually the thought process will change and everyone will see Obama and his cronies as the uncle Toms they are.

I'm not going to touch the level of racist sentiment (or should I say resentment?) in this single sentence.

When I worked in an inner city neighborhood, I found most minorities were willing to work twice as hard for half as much - just to be taken seriously - let alone to try and achieve economic parity with other demographics. Maybe when the GOP starts taking a serious look at what is causing those economic disparities they'll start attracting more minority voters.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The article stops short of calling Rove a bigot.

It does however paint the vast majority of the voting population as racist:

The same sort of analysis leads operatives of all stripes to make recommendations about how to energize target groups by exploiting race and class divides. That's the campaign we're all experiencing.

These grifters arent influencing votes with racism. They are encouraging a racist population to embrace the already latent racism in them all.
edit on 28-8-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
what better way to heal america's racial divide than having white democrats vote the black guy out.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker

An obvious goal because the race card was played and all blacks are voting for Obama that only leaves whites and Hispanics to be pulled to vote for Mittlor.
All blacks are voting for Obama??? Are you friggin' serious??? I'm a black guy and I'm voting for NEITHER. If every black American in the COUNTRY voted for Obama, wouldn't matter. Haven't you heard? The whole thing is rigged. Some people will never get it.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

All blacks are voting for Obama??? Are you friggin' serious??? I'm a black guy and I'm voting for NEITHER. If every black American in the COUNTRY voted for Obama, wouldn't matter. Haven't you heard? The whole thing is rigged. Some people will never get it.

You are right, it would not really matter but not because it is rigged (have you seen our black president?) but because blacks only make up 12 percent of the population.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

reply to post by oxykerfluffle

Take Herman Cain and the lefts fear of him that they fabricated wave after wave of claims that ruined his image whether they were proved false or true. Had he been a democrat the race card would have been played and that he was being attacked because of his skin color...
No offense, but you, friend, have a LOT to learn. The majority of the ''black population'' is not ''trained'' to be racist. Truth be told, most black people have various ethnic DNA...I should know, as I'm one of them. Another thing professor,there's a hell of a difference between being racist and being prejudiced. You should look it up sometime.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what better way to heal america's racial divide than having white democrats vote the black guy out.
Thing thing about that is...it wasn't black people's vote that secured his presidency in the first place, quite the contrary.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk

You are right, it would not really matter but not because it is rigged (have you seen our black president?) but because blacks only make up 12 percent of the population.
Maybe rigged was the wrong term, so let's try predetermined....yeah, that sounds about right.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

. Another thing professor,there's a hell of a difference between being racist and being prejudiced. You should look it up sometime.

The whole racism is not prejudiced thing is for the most part just propaganda promoted to literally promote the idea that blacks cannot be racist.
The inherrent flaw in this line of reasoning is that it makes the distinction between racism and prejudice by saying you can only be racist if you are superior

nicholaspayton.wordpress.com...
Oxford Dictionary’s definition of racism is: “prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior”.

Here’s the rub, superiority is not based on belief, but actual real life circumstances.

That said, it is not really possible for any colored persons to be racist, prejudice perhaps, but not racist.

So to follow that line of thought while it may let people sleep better thinking they are not racist it also promotes the idea that whites are superior.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Dnepropetrovsk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Let me make myself clear i in no way endorse miltlers GOP strategy.but the statistics of 90 percent plus blacks will re-elect Obama because of his skin color the racism is obvious. Never has the unemployment rate post segregation for blacks been above 12 percent until now under Obama's policies, but the majority continue to blindly follow him for his policies. The Black Caucus whom are anti LGBT marriage continue to endorce Obama because of his skin color not because he has taken a pro stance to gay marriage.

Until the masses set differences aside and learn about candidates and parties the red (democrats) Blue (republicans) will reign and either party will put everyone poor "back in chains". We as a country need to stop the obvious tool of division and deceit to rest before racism can be put back to rest where it was before it became a political tool.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is hardly surprising considering for the last 4 years the has been a pandemic of lies and propaganda spread on Obama to gradually build fear in the minds of voters about Obama's origins, goals and motives - because he's black.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

So racism is in the black DNA i had no idea!! guess that makes it ok to play victim by playing the race card everytime the going gets tough. I guess it was in their DNA to allow millions of their ancestors be murdered in Darfur without a single protest for intervention.

After following what little coverage of the slaughter that happened in Africa and then hearing trivial protest by supposed civil rights leaders that never so much mentioned the need for intervention I came to believe its only racism when its politically expedient,

Argue what you will, but the issue will never heal as long as its a tool used for political advancement and sympathy.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk

. Another thing professor,there's a hell of a difference between being racist and being prejudiced. You should look it up sometime.

The whole racism is not prejudiced thing is for the most part just propaganda promoted to literally promote the idea that blacks cannot be racist.
The inherrent flaw in this line of reasoning is that it makes the distinction between racism and prejudice by saying you can only be racist if you are superior

nicholaspayton.wordpress.com...
Oxford Dictionary’s definition of racism is: “prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior”.

Here’s the rub, superiority is not based on belief, but actual real life circumstances.

That said, it is not really possible for any colored persons to be racist, prejudice perhaps, but not racist.

So to follow that line of thought while it may let people sleep better thinking they are not racist it also promotes the idea that whites are superior.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Dnepropetrovsk because: (no reason given)
Black people can be prejudiced, no doubt, but racism is systematic, and I couldn't care less about semantics. Who runs the world?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Black people can be prejudiced, no doubt, but racism is systematic, and I couldn't care less about semantics. Who runs the world?

Your post makes no sense and nobody runs the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join