It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Proceeds With 2-Hour Islamic 'Jumah' Prayers After Rejecting Cardinal's Blessing (And You Won't

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
@buster2010

Maybe it's time for people at the blaze to wake up. This isn't going to be at the convention but at a separate location.
Yes a separate location,,,,, but what does the notification of the event say at the TOP?
How is it Worded?

JUMAH AT THE 2012 DNC
The words, AT THE DNC mean anything?
edit on 28-8-2012 by guohua because: replied to wrong person needed to changed.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Go ahead and find me a source that shows the DNC is funding this.

The DNC doesn't control Charlotte, North Carolina, Muslims are free people just like anyone else...they can have events anywhere they want in America.

All you and the OP are doing is attempting to spread hate towards a group of American citizens. And yet you and other Republicans have the nerve to say Obama is divisive.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You are free to show where this is an official DNC event.

Go find it on the DNC website...or show that the DNC is funding the event.

Or just continue with your smear campaign of Muslims.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by Yngvarr

A lot of Jews are Democrats, and it's iffy as to whether they believe in a God.

A lot of northern Christians are Democrats. A lot of black Christians are Democrats.

But yes, there's a lot a Atheists who are Democrats.

It's really a knee-jerk reaction on my part. Yes, some dems have religious beliefs
but I kind of gauge things by what's going on around me, people wise. I live in
the land of fruits & nuts plus I hear a lot of leftist ideology here on ATS that is
very hostile towards religion & support Obama. That includes people that I
encounter everyday on the street, not just ATS.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
they'll have a chipmunk doing cart wheels if they thought it would get them the youtube vote.

edit on 28-8-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

It doesn't bother me one way or another. Even if they WERE having a prayer at the DNC, I don't care which religion they choose... Christian, Muslim, Jewish... It matters not. I support religious freedom. And this isn't government, it's a political party's party, basically. If they want to party by saying prayers, singing campfire songs or roasting a pig, it's their choice.

reply to post by Yngvarr

Originally posted by Yngvarr
I thought the huge majority of democrats & libs were atheist?

Then you need to educate yourself better. Along with those who starred your post.

A. Atheists are more likely to be independent from either main political party (like myself). We are overwhelmingly independent thinkers and don't join groups readily.

Political Party Preference

The general U.S. population is about evenly distributed among Democrats, Republicans, and independents. In contrast, a clear majority of Atheists are politically independent, as seen in Figure 3-5. Atheists are far less likely than the general public to be Republicans. The percentage who are Democrats is about the same as that among the total U.S. population for all three of the irreligious groups under discussion.

Who Are America's Atheists?

B: Understanding Republican Atheists

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
to me this just speaks volumes about our current president and where his true convictions lie.
seeing how he is up for reelection, i would assume he has a tremendous amount of say in what kind of prayers are said .
edit on 28-8-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Slightly off topic but not quite, seen 2016? Very on topic its very important who is speaking at this event and the views expoused by them previously.

Look its this simple, if a far right wing neo-nazi white power skinhead group that advocates the overthrow of the American Government had a rally in Tampa attended by all 2 members, oops I mean 20,000+ supporters doncha think the RNC would be very vocal about saying "THEY'RE NOT WITH US! - I am not hearing this reaction from the DNC, why?

Betting dollar for donuts that very little media coverage will happen on this rally, were it the other way round however it'd be 24/7/365 - know why? it'd ensure the One never had a chance.

edit on 28-8-2012 by Phoenix because: add comment

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jibeho

Go ahead and find me a source that shows the DNC is funding this.

The DNC doesn't control Charlotte, North Carolina, Muslims are free people just like anyone else...they can have events anywhere they want in America.

All you and the OP are doing is attempting to spread hate towards a group of American citizens. And yet you and other Republicans have the nerve to say Obama is divisive.

As of now this is all I could find,,,,

bima has been authorized by the democratic national convention (dnc) to conduct jumah prayer as well as host festivities and islamically related functions

muslimbureau.com...
I would continue to look but sense I read at en.wikipedia.org...

The Democratic National Committee is choosing to proceed with hosting Islamic “Jumah” prayers for two hours on the Friday of its convention.

I've always assume Hosting means the same a Authorizing or Funding.
I know when my husband and I Host a Get To Gether Of Friends,,,, We pay for the Food and Drinks and Entertainment!
But then again, from what I've read the DNC or Obama may be Broke!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Originally posted by guohua
Yes a separate location,,,,, but what does the notification of the event say at the TOP?
How is it Worded?

Maybe you need to look beyond the headline when you start a thread.
The DNC didn't make that flier.

The words, AT THE DNC mean anything?

No. Clearly they do not. There are MANY events scheduled by separate organizations around the city that attach themselves to the DNC. It's like hosting the Olympics. It brings DNC visitors in to businesses and events, making money for the city.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

You mean you can't find an official source from the DNC saying they are hosting this event???

Shocking.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

S@F and one comment "Separation of Church and State"...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

No. Clearly they do not. There are MANY events scheduled by separate organizations around the city that attach themselves to the DNC. It's like hosting the Olympics. It brings DNC visitors in to businesses and events, making money for the city.

"Attach themselves to the DNC" Kind like chickens come home to roost to quote a famous BHO aquaintence.

Therein lies the point BH.........................you can run from your supporters but you cannot hide!

Flyover country gets the message LOUD and CLEAR.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

You miss my point. There are probably hot dog stands that attach themselves to the DNC AND RNC. Businesses, events, causes and religious organizations are going to try to make money and get noticed on the fact that the Conventions are in their cities.

Prayer Event in Tampa

Faith Community Gears up for RNC

Pre-RNC Prayer Concert

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

You mean you can't find an official source from the DNC saying they are hosting this event???

Shocking.

I guess if you and I were to have a big rally of skinheads in Tampa, with a cool flyer advertising all of our hate and violence related activities, and we added in some RNC clip art, we could advertise it as a RNC activity and that would be enough to be one hundred percent connected to the Tamps convention and its itinerary, as if it were fact?

Sad to see so many will automatically believe this has ANYTHING to do with the DNC, just because of their own blind hatred.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
-- delete post --

I was kindly informed off forum that this is not a DNC event. Thanks for the head's BH.
edit on 28-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Perception is 99.999999999999999% of politics.

Ask anyone about this and they'd automatically think that this is bought and paid for by the DNC.

Regardless of how this thing was set up.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You miss my point. There are probably hot dog stands that attach themselves to the DNC AND RNC. Businesses, events, causes and religious organizations are going to try to make money and get noticed on the fact that the Conventions are in their cities.

Its not that easy. In Charlotte only specific events are sanctioned and listed on the official Calendar.

The Charlotte in 2012 Convention Host Committee is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established by the city of Charlotte to fulfill obligations of the master contract with the Democratic National Convention Committee.

Upcoming Events

A variety of events leading up to and during the convention are listed below, including official Charlotte in 2012 and Democratic National Convention Committee events listed as "Featured Events" and an exciting array of Convention-related events submitted from the community! Event submissions are accepted only if they meet the following criteria:

- Demonstrate planning and content appropriate and relevant to the Charlotte in 2012 Convention Host Committee;
- Provide educational or cultural content;
- Submission does not guarantee publication and Charlotte in 2012 reserves the right to decline publication of any submitted events for any reason.

charlottein2012.com...
The Jumah event and other events are officially listed and have been officially endorsed. Bottom line.

The major concern is more related to the individuals tied to this event than the actual event itself. When the grand Imam of this event speaks to replace our constitution with a caliphate that should raise an eyebrow.

Sorry if it does not.... Hope you look good in a black hijab or burqa.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by guohua

You are free to show where this is an official DNC event.

Go find it on the DNC website...or show that the DNC is funding the event.

Or just continue with your smear campaign of Muslims.

"Jumah" at the DNC"

The Democratic National Convention is endorsing a political platform for the organizers of a program called the “Jumah at the DNC.” It begins with a jummah prayer on Friday, August 31 and ends on September 2,

The DNC lists the assembly as an “official function” and claims that the leaders of the program are typical of the DNC community. The group is hardly “mainstream,” being represented by Siraj Wahhaj, who will be the “Grand Imam” for the gathering.

Well here it is from the Wasington Times which is way more reliable than MSNBC

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The DNC doesn't control Charlotte, North Carolina

Oh but they do! Remember the hub bub regarding the sole use of organized labor for this event in a free to work state.

Use of union labor. To the extent permitted by law, to the extent, if any, such labor is available in the region, and except as otherwise expressly agreed by the DNCC, all services, goods, equipment, supplies and materials to be provided or procured by the Host Committee hereunder shall be performed or supplied by firms covered by current union collective bargaining agreements with the unions which have jurisdiction for the work or services to be performed.

The city has a contract with the DNC.

The Charlotte in 2012 Convention Host Committee is a non-profit, non-partisan organization established by the city of Charlotte to fulfill obligations of the master contract with the Democratic National Convention Committee.

charlottein2012.com...

Yes the DNC does control Charlotte until this event is over...

Furthermore, I never claimed the DNC was funding anything. Only endorsing it with thumbs up approach....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Phoenix

Prayer Event in Tampa

Faith Community Gears up for RNC

Pre-RNC Prayer Concert

No, sorry did not miss the point one intsy little bit - you are who ya hang with. Its all about choice and upthread it appears DNC HAS made a choice.

To connect itself no matter how tenuous the connection to radical Islamist's calling for the overthrow of the U.S. Government it has made its bed so to speak.

Like I said upthread, not a whisper will be heard on ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC or CNN - heaven forbid the American people learn who and what supports the so called Democratic party and its dear leader.
edit on 28-8-2012 by Phoenix because: sp, add sentence

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join