It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Proceeds With 2-Hour Islamic 'Jumah' Prayers After Rejecting Cardinal's Blessing (And You Won't

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

DNC Proceeds With 2-Hour Islamic 'Jumah' Prayers After Rejecting Cardinal's Blessing (And You Won't Believe Who's Invited)

www.liveleak.com

The Democratic National Committee is raising a number of eyebrows after choosing to proceed with hosting Islamic “Jumah” prayers for two hours on the Friday of its convention, though it denied a Catholic cardinal’s request to say a prayer at the same event.

Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, a devout Muslim and the Founder and President of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, wrote:
"The leaders of this event – Jibril Hough and Imam Siraj Wahhaj [are not] moderates. They are radicals. These individuals embrace Islamist supremacy and have demonstrated support for radical ideologies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
hotair.com
www.realnewsreporter.com

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't know, Does anyone here have any problem with what their doing.
At first I read that Obama denied a a Catholic cardinal’s request to say a prayer at the same event. The cardinals name is Timothy Dolan is considered the top Catholic official in the nation I guess.

I'm not religious,,,, I read one of the reasons Obama and the DNC rejected this Cardinal was because he was to speak at the RNC also.
But, come -on,,,, Do you here at ATS think having Islamic Prayers held to open the DNC Convention is a good idea or it just doesn't matter.
I continued to look around and I found where this Cardinal will hold the closing prayer.
The Democratic National Committee is choosing to proceed with hosting Islamic “Jumah” prayers for two hours on the Friday of its convention. President Obama initially declined the opportunity for Timothy Cardinal Dolan to deliver a prayer at the Democratic National Convention. However Dolan has accepted an invitation and is slated to deliver the closing prayer.
en.wikipedia.org...

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Check your facts, Cardinal Timothy Dolan says he’ll be giving the closing prayer at both the Democratic and Republican conventions.

New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan, who is slated to give the closing prayer at the Republican National Convention Thursday, will also close the Democratic National Convention next week in Charlotte. “Timothy Cardinal Dolan, archbishop of New York, has accepted an invitation to deliver the closing prayer at next week’s Democratic National Convention. As was previously announced, he will also be offering the closing prayer at the Republican Convention on Thursday of this week,” according to a statement from the Archdiocese of New York.

Source
edit on 28-8-2012 by Elton because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elton
Check your facts, Cardinal Timothy Dolan says he’ll be giving the closing prayer at both the Democratic and Republican conventions.

Try rereading that thread, it is there and I stated from where I gathered that information, My Facts are There!

I continued to look around and I found where this Cardinal will hold the closing prayer.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-8-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Your 2nd post was not up when I hit reply.

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It would be better if no prayers were performed at the conventions. Separation of church and state should be made into law.

This isn't going to be at the convention it's going to be at Marshall park the convention is at Bank of America stadium and Time Warner Cable Arena.
edit on 28-8-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

OK, but what is your Opinion?
Me?
I think they should leave Religion Out Of It All Together!
But then again, I'm not religious.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The DNC really has nothing to do with this...they aren't doing this AT the DNC...they are doing this DURING the DNC...at a seperate location.

But go ahead...attempt to spread your hate and disinformation.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is not going to bode well for the DNC...
Who dropped the ball on purpose?

A quick Google search by the DNC would have shown them that Hough and Wahhaj are leaders in the separatist American Islamist movement. While they may be able to get a few thousand Muslims to attend the event, they are NOT going to be mainstream Muslims. Most will likely come from Hough and Wahhaj’s radical networks that have long been entrenched in the Charlotte area. Make no mistake they are part of the Islamist movement.

Their jummah (group) prayer is…about empowering their Islamist and MB sympathetic groups into the very fabric of the political system so that Americans become anesthetized. We need American Muslims to speak up and marginalize these radicals. The DNC needs to understand and reject them because of their radical history and ideas.

These "leaders" are by no means boy scouts... I after reading this I am just bewildered. This is not a 10 minute invocation we're talking about.

Direct links to the US Muslim Brotherhood...

The mosque of Jibril Hough, mentioned by Dr. Jasser, is owned by the North American Islamic Trust, which was named as an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation trial as one of the entities “who are and/or were members of the U.S. Muslim Brotherhood.”

Siraj Wahhaj, the “Grand Imam” for Jumah at the DNC, is often considered a “moderate” because he was the first Muslim to give an invocation in the U.S. Congress, but as Robert Spencer notes, he has a number of troubling ties to dangerous radicals. In the early 1990′s the man reportedly sponsored talks by “the Blind Sheikh” Omar Abdel-Rahman in New York and New Jersey mosques, and told his followers that the United States will fall unless it “accepts the Islamic agenda.”

Guess who made the following statements?

“If only Muslims were clever politically, they could take over the United States and replace its constitutional government with a caliphate.”

“Take my word. If 6-8 million Muslims unite in America, the country will come to us.”

If you guessed Siraj Wahhaj, the “Grand Imam” for Jumah at the DNC you are correct!! WTH is going on here??

Wake up People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead and call me an Islamaphobe for disagreeing with this move by the DNC and for disagreeing with this Imam. This should alarm anyone.....

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's vote pandering plain and simple. Both conventions just try and schedule speakers to reach all possible races, religions, ages, beliefs, etc.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
I don't know, Does anyone here have any problem with what their doing.

I thought the huge majority of democrats & libs were atheist?

I'm confused.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

OK, but what is your Opinion?
Me?
I think they should leave Religion Out Of It All Together!
But then again, I'm not religious.

I prefer to keep religion out of politics as much as possible, trying to pretend god is on your side always seems a bit presumptuous to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Its all part of the DNC Convention....

www.theblaze.com...

Whoopeee its not in the actual convention center... So that makes it ok?? They are holding official events throughout Charlotte to coincide with the DNC and with full endorsement of the DNC

The official Charlotte site for the DNC
charlottein2012.com...
edit on 28-8-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Maybe it's time for people at the blaze to wake up. This isn't going to be at the convention but at a separate location.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Time for your nap
I've already discussed that. It is part of the official DNC Whoopdee Dooo... You can run but you can't hide from this....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
to me this just speaks volumes about our current president and where his true convictions lie.
seeing how he is up for reelection, i would assume he has a tremendous amount of say in what kind of prayers are said .
edit on 28-8-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
I thought the huge majority of democrats & libs were atheist?

I'm confused.

Well here are some interesting figures to peruse...

According to survey results, 57 percent of Republicans assert that the Bible is accurate in all of the principles it teaches compared to 40 percent of Democrats.

Republicans are also twice as likely to believe Satan is a real spiritual entity (33 percent versus 17 percent); more likely to reject the idea that good works can earn salvation (35 percent versus 23 percent); more commonly describe themselves as absolutely committed to Christianity (61 percent versus 48 percent); more likely to deem their religious faith to be important in their life (77 percent versus 67 percent); and more likely to believe that God is the all-knowing, perfect Creator and Ruler of the universe (75 percent to 65 percent).

Source

The numbers are close, I am particularly amused by the 'rejection that good works can earn salvation' figure being so high in both camps.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by jibeho

Maybe it's time for people at the blaze to wake up. This isn't going to be at the convention but at a separate location.

So you are more concerned over the location of the event than those who are actually attending and running this event?? Wow!! The grand Imam himself expressed very clearly about his desire to take over the US and to replace our constitutional govt. with a caliphate. How do you feel about that?

Time to put some meat into your posts instead of single line hit and run BS. You crack on the Blaze but approve a caliphate to replace our govt??? How do you feel exactly?? What is more important to you?? Research the Imam for yourself. It's pretty easy these days...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

A lot of Jews are Democrats, and it's iffy as to whether they believe in a God.

A lot of northern Christians are Democrats. A lot of black Christians are Democrats.

But yes, there's a lot a Atheists who are Democrats.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
mission creep with the brass neck to rub your noses in it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join