It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to Make Surpise Appearance on GOP Convention Floor (LIve Feed Included)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pipebomb24875
reply to post by freakjive

There was another Ron Paul sign later on. Some college looking d-bag (red hat) came in w a romney sign and pushed away the guy w the Ron Paul sign. Probably was jjf3rd77 lol. It was quite rude.

hahahahaha

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I finally found it on C-span, I am having my Grandpa watch and sitting near the comp would not have been comfortable enough for him.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if Ron Paul had spent all that energy and momentum the last several years building a new party instead of trying to infiltrate the GOP if there would not be enough momentum to get him elected. I know the obstacles the big two have the game rigged to make it very difficult and the media ignores 3rd parties. However we have the internet and enough discontent it might work.

Still I am not sure it would have the momentum it has now from all the snubbing and controversy of trying to run in the GOP.

Either way I think its time to get that train rolling. Just joining the libertarians won;t work they are already stigmatized. Gary Johnson is a shill in my book hes no libertarian. I do not see anyone with the conviction of Ron Paul out there that has the track record to back their talk.

Yeah it is a monumental task but it needs to be done...

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I think you pose an interesting question and one that seems to resonate with me. It will be interesting what develops between now and 2016 and I would get behind a new party wholeheartedly if in-fact the ideals were aligned with mine.

I haven't bit into Gary Johnson for the same reasons you state (sans the shill). He just doesn't have the conviction or experience that Ron Paul has. It will be interesting to see what happens with Dr. Paul's voice in the coming weeks. Will there be an announcement of an independent run? Will he cosign the Gary Johnson ticket?

Pajoly raised an interesting idea about appointing Ron Paul to Secretary of Treasury on the Johnson ticket as a way to bring the liberty movement supporters over to his camp.

posted on Aug, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
reply to post by hawkiye

I think you pose an interesting question and one that seems to resonate with me. It will be interesting what develops between now and 2016 and I would get behind a new party wholeheartedly if in-fact the ideals were aligned with mine.

I haven't bit into Gary Johnson for the same reasons you state (sans the shill). He just doesn't have the conviction or experience that Ron Paul has. It will be interesting to see what happens with Dr. Paul's voice in the coming weeks. Will there be an announcement of an independent run? Will he cosign the Gary Johnson ticket?

Pajoly raised an interesting idea about appointing Ron Paul to Secretary of Treasury on the Johnson ticket as a way to bring the liberty movement supporters over to his camp.

I agree 100% to adding Paul to the Johnson ticket. I got to see Gov Johnson talk last night and there were hints of this in his talk. As far as a Independent run goes for Paul I think its too late, It gives him less than a month to get enough signatures to get on all 50 state tickets. No doubt the support is there but for election commission of certain states they can drag it out for way more than a month to stonewall his name. There have been lots of talk of writing his name in here in Florida, I believe in as in most states, the write ins do not count if the candidate is not officially recognized as a write in candidate. They are just sort of dumped and purged or who knows those diebold machines might have a "glitch" and count it as a vote for Mitt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join