It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Smite God, Please Take My Word For It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I took a turn of bad luck recently and I boiled over, I started shouting at God saying all manner of bad things and swearing and basically telling him to go f..... himself. Anyway, this is the worst thing that I have ever done as anything that could have gone wrong since has gone wrong. I started a new job recently and in my first pay cheque I recieved far less than I was expecting, this then made a matter of things worse, like I am now homeless due to lack of rent for new place and having to sleep on parents floor. Plus a manner of many other bad things. I have since had the gumption to make my appologies to God but I am not sure if that is going to be enough. My life is currently very painful and I need God on my side. Let this be a warning to anybody that smites God or does not believe.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
God has a cruel streak to him and many times will do something cruel just for laughs.

Of course this is an unpopular thing among many Christians, but the truth is the truth. God enjoys being cruel to people who don't deserve it.

He must, otherwise a kind and loving god would not allow cruelty to happen anywhere.

But of course, that sets up huge problems and a whole new world of tyranny.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

maybe god wanted you to become angry and let out your anger. or see god as a creative force, good aswell as bad.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that the creator or "god" as you like has any inclination to interfere in your life, good or bad.

Moreover though is the fact that your own perception can often effect your life. I have often found that just changing your frame of mind can often effect your daily grind.

Either way I wish you luck...its tough out there for all, well most, of us.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I took a turn of bad luck recently and I boiled over, I started shouting at God saying all manner of bad things and swearing and basically telling him to go f..... himself. Anyway, this is the worst thing that I have ever done as anything that could have gone wrong since has gone wrong. I started a new job recently and in my first pay cheque I recieved far less than I was expecting, this then made a matter of things worse, like I am now homeless due to lack of rent for new place and having to sleep on parents floor. Plus a manner of many other bad things. I have since had the gumption to make my appologies to God but I am not sure if that is going to be enough. My life is currently very painful and I need God on my side. Let this be a warning to anybody that smites God or does not believe.

Stop Cussing, like you have road rage, and folks will help you. Also, don't expect no god to zoom down and do for you that which you must do for yourself.

Clean up, loose the bad language, and learn to do your best in life and things will improve.

As far as god doing anything, get over your excuses, and accept personal responsibilty for your plight.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Perhaps your Creator is teaching you a lesson in patience?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

What you're experiencing is what happens when you lack trust in God... He will test you to your limits if you don't trust him but never more then you can personally handle.

He tests us to see if we will turn our backs on him... Some even believe this is "satans" job, and while i have no belief in said nasty red guy with a pitch fork... IF he does exist, i believe he is only doing the job he was assigned.

Everything happens for a reason my friend... Learn your lessons while you're here... Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back out there. Know that God has set you on this path... so you must make the best of what you are given.

Look at it this way... whatever has happened to you in this run of back luck... Things could be worse...

Right?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think I might deserve everything I get. I at least thought I would warn others not to make some of the mistakes I have.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I think I might deserve everything I get. I at least thought I would warn others not to make some of the mistakes I have.

That is exactly the point I was making. Until you stop thinking/saying those type of things then negative will follow you around...not because it is "gods" doing but because belief has a way of becoming reality.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
God what a freaking joke you played on me...short and sweet.
Not cool!

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

you should not be devote. there could be the possibility that god has a bad part, like:
ruthless, unscrupulous, rogue, mafia-like, careless and stoping at nothing.
and of course a good part.
now, the criteria who gets more of the good or who gets more of the bad side are to this day mysterious.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It's not 'God's' fault that you're life has taken a turn for the worse. It seems you are going through a lot of negative thoughts and feelings. As long as you go through that process, you are only bringing in more negativity in your life. Start thinking and feeling positive, and you shall bring in positivity.

Law of attraction my friend, and yes it does work.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't personally believe that God is punishing you for cursing him. Here's what I think:

Theres a sort of theory called the Law of Attaction, one of the laws through which God governs the universe. This law deals with interactions between consciousness and matter. The idea is that "like attracts like".

Everything in this universe is a form of energy, including your thoughts.

Energies of similar "vibration" tend to attract eachother.

When you had your run of bad luck you chose to focus on the negative side of the situation. I'm not sure what sort of bad luck you had but I'll assume for the sake of argument that you had lost something or failed to gain something which you desired.

Thus your thoughts were focused on lacking, losing, deficit etc. which in turn caused you to lose even more.

The best way to turn things around would be to shift your way of thinking from negative focus to positive focus.

Apologizing to God still leaves you in a negative focus; you are focused on guilt and shame (negative emotions) when you apologize so this doesn't help, don't bother.

Instead you should learn from this experience and understand that the hardship you are going through was a product of your own thoughts.

It wont be easy to turn your life around at this point, but the important thing is to remain positive. One way of doing this would be to focus on being grateful for what you still have.

Gratitude is a powerful positive emotion focused on recieving. Focusing on gratitude will in turn help you to bring yourself into the higher positive vibrational states of love and happiness.

This is why the best prayers are those in which you thank God, rather than asking him for stuff. One should always focus on gratitude for what is given, rather than the lack of what is desired (wanting, asking for favors).

Hope this helps.

Namaste.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

My life is currently very painful and I need God on my side.

Pray, and just say "There is no God, but God and in Him I seek refuge".

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

More than likely its your own subconscious belief of needing punishment for such an act that is bringing all this negativity your way. If there is a god I very well doubt he would care about silly little mortal folk cursing something they cannot possibly comprehend.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
I seriously doubt that the creator or "god" as you like has any inclination to interfere in your life, good or bad.

Moreover though is the fact that your own perception can often effect your life. I have often found that just changing your frame of mind can often effect your daily grind.

Either way I wish you luck...its tough out there for all, well most, of us.

He might not make an apparance but that do not mean he is not looking into things and waiting for the right moment. From my point of view it is sometimes a good thing to say enought is enought. My lifelesson seem to be stand up for what is right/higher loving ideals even when percieved against god. If I was not supposed to learn it then why did he teach me that lesson and became totaly symbiotic after it.

This might not be your lesson but you cannot say how another soul will evolve best based on generalisation.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have found that usually if you renew your faith and trust that everything he does is for a reason that you will look back and realize that what seemed like bad luck only opened the door for far greater blessings.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

What you're experiencing is what happens when you lack trust in God... He will test you to your limits if you don't trust him but never more then you can personally handle.

He tests us to see if we will turn our backs on him... Some even believe this is "satans" job, and while i have no belief in said nasty red guy with a pitch fork... IF he does exist, i believe he is only doing the job he was assigned.

Everything happens for a reason my friend... Learn your lessons while you're here... Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back out there. Know that God has set you on this path... so you must make the best of what you are given.

Look at it this way... whatever has happened to you in this run of back luck... Things could be worse...

Right?

I cannot resist gotta respond

OFFICIAL: You're only making it worse for yourself!
MATTHIAS: Making it worse?! How could it be worse?! Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!

arago4.tnw.utwente.nl...

new topics

top topics

join